+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Clone Wars

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Star Wars Clone Wars

anyone seen the new movie yet? i just completed reading a few reviews or the movie, and they where all very bad. i personally didnt think it was. i mean, it shurely wasnt a Return of the jedi or Revenge of the Sith, but the fighting scenes where really cool, something missing from the films, i felt. i also got a distinct "'nam" vibe from the Clone troopers when they landed at the monastary.

I also realise there are a few faults 9hey, i mean, they have a whole TV series to kill of Ashoka, right?) but i dont think it was all that bad. waht about you, AO?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Star Wars Clone Wars

I seen it. I like it, and I agree with you on the nam vibe. Still, I won't lie I was expecting A LOT more, and to my opinion they coul of done a lot more. Still, it WAS an animation...but I say that should not overly limit too much.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I don't really fancy seeing a movie that looks out of place and from what the trailor shows, it doesn't go with the whole feel of movies. I grew up with Star Wars, so to see a movie that doesn't co-align with the style of the movies and add additional characters from a childs cartoon into a movie that star wars fans won't really like because it seems out of place.

I haven't seen it and probably won't.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

I have talked to a couple of people who have seen it. They say it is good the fight scenes are well done not a great movie but worth seeing. I will try to see it in the next week I think I will enjoy it.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally prefer Genndy Tartakovsky's Star Wars: Clone Wars microseries. The movie and the new CG television series that follows right after it looks like shit. I think it was bull for George Lucas to treat the microseries as some sort of "prototype" while treating this shitty CGI series as the apparent real deal.

I am a disappointed Star Wars fan. I agree with all of the negative reviews.
    I love my girlfriend.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

When it comes to movies that have such strong pasts, like marvel DC and star wars, i never have any expectations for how the movie will turn out.

This way if the movie is bad i've lost nothing, but if the movie is good, i can be genuinely pleased.

and due to this habit of mine, i was genuinely pleased with this movie. The droids could have been smarter, and the dialouge could have been a bit more intellegent and articulate, and they really could have made a better opening than the news broadcaster voice, but overall i was pleased with how this movie turned out.
    Why hello there!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    I personally prefer Genndy Tartakovsky's Star Wars: Clone Wars microseries. The movie and the new CG television series that follows right after it looks like shit. I think it was bull for George Lucas to treat the microseries as some sort of "prototype" while treating this shitty CGI series as the apparent real deal.

I am a disappointed Star Wars fan. I agree with all of the negative reviews.
    I actually agree with you here. as much as i knew he wouldnt, i was hoping for pretty much a faithful retelling of the miniseries, with a bunch of extras, but the same battles and stuff ( i think we can all agree that scenes like the one of commander fordo on courascant fighting all the droids by himself would be awesome to see again, for instance)

i more or less watched it for the clone fighting, so i wasnt too thrilled with the "let's give anakin a padawan" gig. i was just more miffed by the reports of "the animation sucking" well, they did it like that on purpose! it's b/c any CGI that comes out (mainstream, anyway) gets compared to shrek. well, if you compare Advent Children with Shrek, it pales the big green ogre quite a bit, huh?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

As possibly the biggest Star Wars nerd here, I can safely say, I don't have to see it to know it sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast