+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Stephen King

Stephen King has one of the most twisted minds on the planet!! Did you know that he asked Paul Mooney--on Chappelle's Show--whether or not black people only go to black dentists and black undertakers??? WTF?? LOL.

Anywho, I like his movies and his books! The Stand and It have to be my favs! I like The Stand, because it came out when I was in 8th grade and it reminds me of that year every time I read/watch it. And It... Let's say It's the reason I don't like clowns so much. "Want a balloon?"

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Stephen King.......his books are amazing and i can never get enough of them.
    My favorites are : The Talisman
    It
    Misery
    Dark Vision
    Dark Tower Series
    Insomnia
    Bag of Bones
    Secret Windows
    Dreamcatcher
    Hearts in Atlantis
    Cell
    Lisey's Story
    His movies are also very good.........even though they do leave a lot of parts out.....but they still are a thrill to watch
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummm... Ray I'll just point out he is the writer of the book and not the producer. So you should probably also talk about his books etc. and not only about the movies.

Well yea, as Ray said, we watched the movie together. I LOVED IT... and I was quite scared (yea, couldn't sleep that night, it was... odd). I don't know how King had described it all, here I should say thanks to the producer or the screenwriter (who knows )- he has done a great work on it. Nothing was happening, the main character was just walking around the room with the light which alows you to see blood... and I was completely freaking out... so good it was made...

Well, as for Stephen King's earnings- he has done a great work on the plot! It's great! A room which terrorises its habbitats into death... creepy!!!!! And how it all happened and what that room did... Great!!!!!! Well you have to see and read it to find out (I'll read it too, soon)...

I am reading a book by Stephen King now... it's a gathering of short stories. It's called "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". Well, I like how he writes quite well, though it's quite simple. I guess he just has a great imagination and that's what makes his stories good- the plot.

By the way? Did you know there were two endings to the movie!?
    1408 & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (the site will do also just to find out about the movie)

By the way!!! Serious question to those who have read "Dark Tower" series.
    Is the Dark Tower good!!!!!!?????

P.s.
    Legend is a mod. Of course he knows how to get thanks.
    Last edited by Lasura; Dec 22, 2007 at 01:47 PM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

The first Stephen King book I read was "The Dead Zone", it was great. I was an avid reader of his books for many years, but eventually dropped of.

No movie ever made of a Stephen King book can ever compare. you just can't bring all that is Stephen King to the screen. The movies will always pale in comparison. Do yourself a favor, read the book. Don't just see the movies.

I guess the best of the movies, for me, was "The Dead Zone". I thought Christopher Walken did a brilliant job.

The one that I still can not stand to watch is "It". I saw that one, and I still hate clowns because of it. Tim Curry played that role well.

I think my family knows "The Shinning" by heart.

Yes Stephen King is a brilliant horror writer. He's been through a great deal, and yet he just keeps pumping them out.

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I've seen a lot of Stephen King movies since I was pretty young (with my dad XD). I must say that one of the best King's is The Green Mile, even though it's not a typical King movie like he used to make, it's one of the best. Other great ones are:

The Langoliers
    The Stand
    The Shining
    It

He offcourse did Kingdom Hospital too not too long ago, which I really enjoyed, and Rose Red and Silver Bullet, damn, too much good stuff, I like

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm...it looks like no one's mentioned "Carrie"...not only one of the best Stephen King novels ever, but one of only a couple of movies based on his work that didn't dissolve into a horrible mess of failure at the end (The original 1976 movie with Sissy Spacek, not the crapfest 1999 sequel or the 2002 made-for-TV remake). The prom scene is absolutely classic, and Carrie's confrontation with her mother is so chilling (although it's completely different from and much more brutal than the way King wrote it). Anyone who's a King fan should buy the book, then watch movie. Several times each.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    Hmm...it looks like no one's mentioned "Carrie"...not only one of the best Stephen King novels ever, but one of only a couple of movies based on his work that didn't dissolve into a horrible mess of failure at the end (The original 1976 movie with Sissy Spacek, not the crapfest 1999 sequel or the 2002 made-for-TV remake). The prom scene is absolutely classic, and Carrie's confrontation with her mother is so chilling (although it's completely different from and much more brutal than the way King wrote it). Anyone who's a King fan should buy the book, then watch movie. Several times each.
    Good one, I had to think of it though I just have it on VHS at home xD I must say that I also loved the movie Christine which is from around thesame time as Carrie (just a guess). The idea behind that movie is pretty simple though it's worked out great in that movie. Also the Mangler is one to watch, and the nightflyer also gave me chills a while ago. Sleepwalkers with the classic Enya track at the end looked kinda fake but was fun in the end.

Damn, I could go on forever XD

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    Me and laura just watched this movie called.. 1408 by Stephen Kings (spelling?) I would say... i kinda fond of his way of imagination... it's quite scary... but i am not scared though...

This movie well.. it features a room numbered 1408 and.. a journalist or a horror book writer... It has a cool way of storyline and.. plotting... the effects is quite nice... well not bad to me.. but they are enough... nicely done... Love the way the movie focuses on .. the "room" torturing the inhibitant to make them kill their selves... a cruel way to kill..

so.. anyone have watched this movie .. or any of Stephen Kings? What you think of them.. and... which is the best to you? ^^
    The book 1408 was better than the movie. That's generally the case with King's novels. They're good movies, but they're better books. My favourite without a doubt is "The Shining."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast