+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter IV

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Street Fighter IV

I'm surprised nobody's brought this game up yet!!! It's been... What? A month or two now and nobody's talkin' about what could possibly be the best fighter on next-gen consoles?? Wow!

When this game came out, I immediately entered the national tournament--which was maybe four days after the release of SFIV. I lost in round one of the nationals (just so everyone knows my pain, LOL). Anyway, I'm totally in love with Street Fighter IV!!

When it was in production, there was much talk and anticipation around the game. We discussed here on AO and there was much debating on whether or not the game would be good (here and amongst other friends of mine). When I seen the preview screenshots, I didn't think to highly of the game. "Why not just make another Street Fighter EX?" I thought. Then the video previews were released and we all got a taste of what the game-play would look like. I was fifty-fifty on the idea of a 3D Street Fighter title at that point. Finally, the game is released and my roommate picks up a copy...

OMG!!! It's everything I'd expect from a Street Fighter title and then some!! The game-play is smooth, the combo system is comparable to the older SF games and the new focus moves and ultra combos are out of this world!! I'm hooked on SFIV now!!! Akuma is a little watered down, but otherwise, I have no complaints. Gouken rocks my socks, BTW!

Is anyone else as infatuated with this game as I am? What's your opinion of Street Fighter IV? Love it, or hate it? Why? Let's discuss...

"Hadouken!!!"

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Street Fighter IV

Don't have it myself (don't own a current gen console) but I did get to play it. It's good stuff and my Zangief was as burly as ever. 360° + P !

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I played it at my friend house, Got the collector edition, Two figureine, the movie and the game, cost $180. Its ok for game play.some of the new characters was ok and not all characters were in the game as FeiLong or T Hawk. And if you really, REALLY, want to know a major thing that was revealed in the game message me as I don't want to spoil it for those who are playing the game. All I say is that its involve Gouken in a certin way. ONLY MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, YOUR OWN FAULT IF I DESTORY IT FOR YOU, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    I played it at my friend house, Got the collector edition, Two figureine, the movie and the game, cost $180. Its ok for game play.some of the new characters was ok and not all characters were in the game as FeiLong or T Hawk. And if you really, REALLY, want to know a major thing that was revealed in the game message me as I don't want to spoil it for those who are playing the game. All I say is that its involve Gouken in a certin way. ONLY MESSAGE ME IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW, YOUR OWN FAULT IF I DESTORY IT FOR YOU, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    Fei Long IS in the game, T. Hawk is not. I've beaten it with everybody but Gouken, however I already know his story. There's no way you can get both figurines as they were offered for customers who pre-ordered the game and they're dispersed as follows: Ryu = PS3, C. Viper = XBox 360. My roomate has the collectors edition--complete with the movie (which rocked my socks), the C. Viper figurine and the SFIV soundtrack.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Fei Long IS in the game, T. Hawk is not. I've beaten it with everybody but Gouken, however I already know his story. There's no way you can get both figurines as they were offered for customers who pre-ordered the game and they're dispersed as follows: Ryu = PS3, C. Viper = XBox 360. My roomate has the collectors edition--complete with the movie (which rocked my socks), the C. Viper figurine and the SFIV soundtrack.
    Sorry my mistake. And its was my friend who ordered the game, not me and I saw it. Two figureine in one box. Ryu and Viper, did you only have one when you order yours? but dont have the SFIV soundtrack thing. Thats probably the reason.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    Sorry my mistake. And its was my friend who ordered the game, not me and I saw it. Two figureine in one box. Ryu and Viper, did you only have one when you order yours? but dont have the SFIV soundtrack thing. Thats probably the reason.
    That's very improbable (almost impossible). Unless he has both consoles, or bought a figurine from a shady game store employee, there's no way he can have a collectors edition set with two figurines and no soundtrack. Despite what you saw, I'm telling you what every store would tell you. Did your friend get Ryu's head band? I'm wearing it as I'm typing this. ChaosTempest (the aforementioned roomate of mine) sold me the head band. Why would one collector's edition be different from EVERY other set?? Either you or your friend are mistaken.
    street fighter iv collector's edition - Google Product Search
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Mar 26, 2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: I found a link to back me up.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ Soshi and i have the game! we've played a few rounds, but got promptly distracted with Metal Gear Online!

tis a fun game, and the first Street Fighter i've actually sat down and played. favored character is C. Viper! mostly cuz she totally b!tches out people with her fire kicks and BOOM!-worthy punches!

i even had a Street Fighter dream like a week ago! was playing the game as Ryu and was trying to do the Hadoken, but it wouldn't work! when i woke and told Soshi, "Yeah, i was pressing back-to-forward, and NOTHING WAS WORKING!!" all he said was, "Um, it's DOWN-to-forward..."

guess that's why it didn't work!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Street Fighter IV's awesome.
    Favorite character: Vega (Japanese: Balrog).

I'm not exactly perfect as him... but I do enjoy his speed.
    His specials are hard for me to pull off @_@ I'm not made for that kid of specific movement. Then again, I've never been that amazing in fighting games.

I've been a long time player of street fighter, but like a good number of people: I play it even though I suck at it.
    I'm better than the bad players, but I'm no pro. I keep it casual. Street Fighter games at home should always be casual. Tournaments? Insanity. I'd never enter those.

I've played every Street Fighter except for the HD Remix (people would kill me for saying that). ... Street Fighter 3 was a bit too fight-y for me, but still cool (felt much more complex than the usual Street Fighter formula). But this felt more back to the basics.
    Smooth, awesome moves, classic moves, good ol' balancing, and fun characters.
    Love the new additions - I usually die rather fast in Street Fighter games, but the new specials like Focus Attacks and Revenge Meters - help me give the edge I need.

I always loved the whole Samurai Warrior's Musou meter-thing... y'know, getting hit and hitting others to build up your special meter.
    Since I was never that great in fighting games, I could never really do awesome combos that would last for eternity like some pros, so in that sense, I could never really build up my special meter in most fighting games.
    GETTING HIT, HOWEVER. Is a whole 'nother mess!

So the musou meter = awesome. Revenge meter = also very awesome.

I do mind some of the voice acting though...
    But switching those voices to Japanese always do the trick.
    I do love how you can specifically choose which character has Japanese voice acting and which ones have English. It's rather fun.

:3 So yeah, the game's coo. Much more playable for me than Street Fighter III.

... if I wanna' go cheap, I always use Balrog (Japanese: Bison). Always pulls through~! (except for crouching opponents )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast