+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suga Shikao

Newbie Echo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Suga Shikao

I recently heard one of his songs on the ending credits of a movie I was watching called Dark Water. As soon as I heard the song I fell in love with it. I got on the internet and immediately began trying to find out who sang it, and I ended up finding Suga Shikao.

Apparently the song I heard was also the opening theme for a movie called Death Note.

Anyway, the song that I heard was called "Manatsu No Yume". The song is beautiful I encourage you to go listen to it ^-^

I've looked up other songs by him and I've discovered a few other good ones as well, but does anyone know of anywhere that I could buy his cds?

I'm not sure if they are sold in the US yet, I don't see why they wouldn't be, it seems he's be around for a little while, but then again you never know.

Questions or comments anyone? :]
    http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/OfeliasFire/BlueProxy-1024_768-1.jpg
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Echo For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Feb 18, 2008), RayMe (Feb 25, 2008)

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Suga Shikao

I don't know of him... but I do know that all three Death Note movie themes have been in English and performed by major Western recording artists (the first was Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Dani California"... the current is a Kravitz tune).

Thanks

Hmm...I suppose I just read some wrong information then.
    He's a really good artist it seems like though.
    His genre, I would say, lies around acoustic/J-pop or something of that sort.

He has a variety of CDs I am just not sure where any would be available >.<
    "I'm a young soul in this very strange world hoping to learn a bit bout' what is true and fake"

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I've looked up other songs by him and I've discovered a few other good ones as well, but does anyone know of anywhere that I could buy his cds?
    I will be willing to help a fellow Suga Shikao fan out...

If you are okay with purchasing stuff online, please consider these sites:

* CDJapan
    * YesAsia
    * HMV

(Note: Two are set for view in English, and they appear easy to navigate.)

It's from these online stores where all people living outside of Japan purchase their Japanese music CDs/DVDs online, among other things ~! There are some other e-stores, but I do not know how credible and reliable they are. CDJapan, YesAsia, and HMV are some of the most popular and customer-satisfactory shopping sites. Anyways, check them out! I just did a search for Suga Shikao on those sites, and voil&#224;, they carry almost all of his CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Anyway, the song that I heard was called "Manatsu No Yume". The song is beautiful I encourage you to go listen to it ^-^
    You mean "Manatsu no Yoru no Yume", I would suppose? Here's a video of that from youtube: Manatsu no Yoru no Yume. If so, then, sure, it was used as a theme song for the first Death Note film (2006). Other themes were done by Red Hot Chili Peppers and Lenny Kravitz like tsurara has pointed out.

Lastly, here's a fan-site in English for you: Suga Shikao! That person, whoever made that site, did a good job, I just viewed. Anyways...

Hope that helps, Echo! =)

Thanks

Yes, that helped out alot, thanks a bunch!
    Thanks for the list of websites as well.
    Would you happen to know what his correct genre would be? I am assuming it would be something like acoustic/J-pop but then again I could be wrong.

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

I became familiar with Suga Shikao after watching "Honey and Clover" since he sang and composed most of the insert songs there. He is a j-pop artist and most of his songs are funk and soul as well. I like a lot of his songs from the soothing "koko ni iru koto" to the disco-esque "gogo no parade".

Thanks

Yes, that's one thing that I like about his music, all of his music is so varied. It all sounds different, in that good way.

Whereas most other bands stick with one sound, he seems to venture and try all kinds sounds, instead of just a single one. Then again, he isn't like most artists out there it seems to me.
    His music actually has meaning, unlike alot of artists out there today.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, Echo beat me to starting this thread! Good ups!

I just started listening to Suga Shikao about a month or so ago, when I started watching xxxHolic. I have to say that I am pretty in to Suga Shikao. But I'm confused. Is it a band or a single person? Either way, it's good stuff. 19 Sai and Yuudachii--Afternoon Shower (I think I spelled that right) are the only two songs by Shikao I've got right now, but I'm on the quest to purchase some CDs/MP3s soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast