+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Super Mario Galaxy

Check the principal game of the Wii is a blast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Qw1ClCVN8

perdoname michelle!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Super Mario Galaxy

Without a doubt a must have once the wii comes out. If there's three games you want to get for the wii, this is one of them.

Newbie The Informer may be famous one day The Informer may be famous one day
    Thanks

I wished this game was a one of the many titles coming out in conjunction with the Wii release. Unfortunately, it's not coming out until "at least 6 months after Wii's release" as said by Miyamoto. It's ok though, A first time Zelda/Console same time release will make up for it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/13/th...launch-lineup/

Although the footage of the Mario Wii title seemed decent, the concept and ideas behind it combined with the gameplay footage as a whole made the game itself seem like a "demo" of a bigger title instead of making me think it is a big title. Maybe I'm just expecting more story from a next-gen version of a Mario game. Mario's had multiple adventures for about 20 years now, but all pretty much share the same story. I'm just thinking it needs something... more, but I know I shouldn't be thinking this way in terms of Mario. Oh well.

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not the first time a Mario game has not came out at launch. It has been that way for the Gamecube, and I think it was maybe like that on the N64. If this game isn't very good I will most likely not buy the Wii.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm...basing a purchase of a system on the success of one game isn't the best strategy...I still remember a few of sony's hiccups. Plus, the launch list could be worse..at least we don't have another "Luigi's Mansion" title to try to keep us satisfied until a better franchise title came out. Anyhow, I really haven't been caring for the mario series ever since Super Mario Sunshine came out. I was expecting something better/different, but I just received more of the same, which isn't a good or bad thing, but it's just one of those things you have to question "how long can they keep the same formula?" Some people are afraid of change but I wholeheartedly accept it and am hoping for a big change in terms of Mario. I'd hate to see one of the biggest names in videogame history go down as an uninspired and monotonous icon that couldn't bring anything new to the table. Now people who would think otherwise and disagree I ask this..what would be different about the game without talking about the wii controller or any type of motion sensing at all?

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    Hm...basing a purchase of a system on the success of one game isn't the best strategy...I still remember a few of sony's hiccups. Plus, the launch list could be worse..at least we don't have another "Luigi's Mansion" title to try to keep us satisfied until a better franchise title came out. Anyhow, I really haven't been caring for the mario series ever since Super Mario Sunshine came out. I was expecting something better/different, but I just received more of the same, which isn't a good or bad thing, but it's just one of those things you have to question "how long can they keep the same formula?" Some people are afraid of change but I wholeheartedly accept it and am hoping for a big change in terms of Mario. I'd hate to see one of the biggest names in videogame history go down as an uninspired and monotonous icon that couldn't bring anything new to the table. Now people who would think otherwise and disagree I ask this..what would be different about the game without talking about the wii controller or any type of motion sensing at all?
    still super smash bros is the 2 principal game of n64 gamecube and wii
    and they were great hits

perdoname michelle!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    still super smash bros is the 2 principal game of n64 gamecube and wii
    and they were great hits
    While this is true, you have to consider a few things..

1. Super Smash Bros is a fighting game. Ever since N64 came out, there were no good fighting games out for the system, making Smash Bros a bigger hit than it already was. The only thing it brought new to the fighting game genre was the multi-tiered stages, 4 player fighting, and interactive environments. Luckily it was balanced a bit more in its Gamecube stage(by adding parries and aerial dodges and changing moves a bit), because believe it or not, when put in the hands of a pro, the N64 version is horribly unbalanced.

2. Super Smash Bros has nothing at all to do with the mario games. They're on completely different terms, both in gameplay and somewhat of a "story" that was added to smash bros.

3. Fighting games as a whole will never get old, because that's just the type of games they are. As a matter of fact, I'd say bringing continous competition never gets old, as is the case with many competitive games like Halo 2, Street fighter and SNK online games, and more games that share the same competitive formula. Seeing as Mario is a one player game, it is on a completely different basis, and must excite us by innovation, not competition. As this is the case, a game constantly bringing the same platforming, coin/star collecting idea can become a bit repetitive and old over time, making it seem less innovative and more of the "been there, done that" feeling.

This is why I'm hoping the Mario series doesn't end up as "just another platformer" in the eyes of many who play it. A franchise "name" can only get you so far, and it has indeed been 20 years for Mario..
    Last edited by False Truth; Aug 25, 2006 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    While this is true, you have to consider a few things..

1. Super Smash Bros is a fighting game. Ever since N64 came out, there were no good fighting games out for the system, making Smash Bros a bigger hit than it already was. The only thing it brought new to the fighting game genre was the multi-tiered stages, 4 player fighting, and interactive environments. Luckily it was balanced a bit more in its Gamecube stage(by adding parries and aerial dodges and changing moves a bit), because believe it or not, when put in the hands of a pro, the N64 version is horribly unbalanced.

2. Super Smash Bros has nothing at all to do with the mario games. They're on completely different terms, both in gameplay and somewhat of a "story" that was added to smash bros.

3. Fighting games as a whole will never get old, because that's just the type of games they are. As a matter of fact, I'd say bringing continous competition never gets old, as is the case with many competitive games like Halo 2, Street fighter and SNK online games, and more games that share the same competitive formula. Seeing as Mario is a one player game, it is on a completely different basis, and must excite us by innovation, not competition. As this is the case, a game constantly bringing the same platforming, coin/star collecting idea can become a bit repetitive and old over time, making it seem less innovative and more of the "been there, done that" feeling.

This is why I'm hoping the Mario series doesn't end up as "just another platformer" in the eyes of many who play it. A franchise "name" can only get you so far, and it has indeed been 20 years for Mario..

ye but i thogh the principal game for the Wii was going to be like an Rpg supermarioworld but in 3D a rivavel of 1 of the best games in the supernintendo.
    But Super mario galax is an indeed long game with a lot of graphics but not much to do with the caracter.

perdoname michelle!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast