+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy

Banned SilentAssasin may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Super Mario Galaxy

Now just how is the Wii-Mote "gimmickey"?

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

On a side note: I'm glad you came to your senses and removed that extremely long sig, I wasn't going to post until it was removed.

Now back to the topic at hand...

It's a gimmick, just like Xbox Live is a gimmick for Xbox, Mods are a gimmick for PC's, Failing is a gimmick of Infinitive's "Phantom", and Sony's continuos "plunders" are a gimmick for Sony.

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    On a side note: I'm glad you came to your senses and removed that extremely long sig, I wasn't going to post until it was removed.

Now back to the topic at hand...

It's a gimmick, just like Xbox Live is a gimmick for Xbox, Mods are a gimmick for PC's, Failing is a gimmick of Infinitive's "Phantom", and Sony's continuos "plunders" are a gimmick for Sony.
    well the Wii controller is a bad thing for the Wii
    i cant belive how easy they an controlle Mario on Galaxy
    and smash.

perdoname michelle!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

The basic premise of the wii-mote is to get interaction between people and video games to be more than just "holding a basic controller"...when you play tenis, they really want you to play tenis, movements and actions alike.

Mario was controlled almost the same way he always is controlled(during the E3 demo), except for a few added "flicks" and "thrusts" from the wii-mote to do some special moves. Although I do have to give them their props for actually putting a speaker in that controller...most unexpected and probably one of the best ideas I've seen for "bringing sound to you directly".

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

The basic premise of the wii-mote is to get interaction between people and video games to be more than just "holding a basic controller"...when you play tenis, they really want you to play tenis, movements and actions alike.

Mario was controlled almost the same way he always is controlled(during the E3 demo), except for a few added "flicks" and "thrusts" from the wii-mote to do some special moves. Although I do have to give them their props for actually putting a speaker in that controller...most unexpected and probably one of the best ideas I've seen for "bringing sound to you directly".
    yeah is like a mic to u gotta say something to start playing mario galaxy
    but how u will actually move a caracter fast enough to dodge like the gamecubes controller.

perdoname michelle!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    yeah is like a mic to u gotta say something to start playing mario galaxy
    but how u will actually move a caracter fast enough to dodge like the gamecubes controller.
    Depends on how fast your actual reaction time is with your arm. Which is why playing games like "Resident Evil 5" will be hard as hell to play with the wii-mote if it's going to be anything like RE4. I'm actually intruiged to see how "Red Steel" will turn out, because I know UbiSoft is working their butts off trying to perfect the play mechanics.

By the way, the person they interviewed said there was a mic...sort of, here's the interview..

Taken from Gonintendo.com, gametrailers, gamespot, IGN.com, and other various sources with the same interview posted...

"does the Wiimote have a mic?"
    NOA: Yep
    "Or is it a speaker?"
    NOA: It’s a speaker
    "Jack, did you just give us a leak!?"
    NOA: Nope

Side Note: NOA= Nintendo of America

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Thanks

Depends on how fast your actual reaction time is with your arm. Which is why playing games like "Resident Evil 5" will be hard as hell to play with the wii-mote if it's going to be anything like RE4. I'm actually intruiged to see how "Red Steel" will turn out, because I know UbiSoft is working their butts off trying to perfect the play mechanics.

By the way, the person they interviewed said there was a mic...sort of, here's the interview..

Taken from Gonintendo.com, gametrailers, gamespot, IGN.com, and other various sources with the same interview posted...
    thats why the changed re5 only for play 3 and 360

perdoname michelle!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    thats why the changed re5 only for play 3 and 360
    Whoops, correction, the "untitled wii resident evil game" will probably be hard as hell to play with the wii-mote if it's going to be anything like RE4...

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/r...ml?sid=6150075

Back to the topic at hand, Mario will not have these problems, in all mario games you can control him as fast and as slow as you want and still beat the game on your own personal pace.

But pretty much all Wii games will be slightly hard to control at first, seeing as everything is based on a different perspective.
    Last edited by False Truth; Aug 26, 2006 at 09:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast