+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super Smash Bros!!

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Super Smash Bros!!

I know that 3/4 of you have played this game. It's a fact.

General opinion? Best character? Etc?

I have the GC and N64 games.. I've played Brawl but I don't really like it, more for the fact that they took out my best character than anything else.

Roy is the best guy in the game ^__^ he may be slower than Marth.. actually, the popular opinion is that he's the shitty version of Marth which I think is a total load. They both have the same moveset and plenty of Roy's attacks have more damage added (plus badass fire effects). I can deal with taking ten damage in exchange for a fully charged flare blade..

Though I haven't wasted ages doing all the intense calculations, which I find a little weird. I play this game for entertainment and to totally dominate my sad little friends. I can understand how others feel the need analyze and dissect the game though..

It's especially fun when you play as "gag" characters and end up winning. The tier system kind of ruined the game in the way that no one uses characters they otherwise would, if they had a chance of winning. See, my first character was Zelda but she totally bombs against the big players, plus I hate using Sheik. They have a separate Link so why couldn't they make two for Zelda/Sheik? It's sort of saying that Zelda sucks, transform before the battle starts or die x)

And the Jigglemonster. Her and Ness are great for some laughs. Jigglypuff is actually a really good character, her air game is "off the chain," she beats out Kirby with stage recovery if you use pound then jump, rinse/repeat.

:P So?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Super Smash Bros!!

i actually the whole franchise cuz they all offer something different. i like brawl the best out of all of them. the graphics are badass in brawl as compared to the other 2. for good reason since it is on the wii but w/e. my character is ganondorf hands down. i just like playing him cuz he pisses everybody else and he take some punishment. cant jump worth a damn but he makes up for it with some powerful moves. i also like lucario since he gets stronger the more damage he takes. i find him fun to play too.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Super Smash Brothers is a symbol of the many things wrong with nintendo. Come on. They use characters like Zelda and Mario and all these others. These characters were in several games before, let them die since they have wasted are patience.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I say phooey on beast, Smash Bros. is f*ckin boss. My favorite was Melee, oh if I could count the countless hours my friends and I wasted playing that game. <3 Melee was awesome cuz it seemed to beat the original in almost every way, and while some of my friends would only stick to one or two characters, none of us knew how to do the wave-dashing stuff, so it was always pretty even. I like brawl a lot too but I don't know, I think I played so much melee that brawl just couldn't quite bring the joy melee did, even though brawl is still pretty awesome. I fear the series risks becoming too gimmicky and as a result will cease to be fun. Fortunately, they're only making one per console it seems, so if it does become stale, at least it will have had a good run.

My favorite characters:
    in the original, it was DK, he was my best, my best friend and I would have epic battles all the time. in Melee my best were Marth, Fox, Mario, but really I used every character. I got to the point I'd just hit random and go from there. I'm pretty much the same way in brawl, I like to use random, but my favorite characters are Ganondorf, Olimar, Toon Link, Zelda, CHARIZARD. awww, who am I kidding, I love brawl too. It's just a fun series.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

It takes too long to learn how to do all those fancy maneuvers :/

I'm fine with the regular dash.

u go gril
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

agreed, I was never hardcore nerd enough to learn that stuff either, plus none of my friends knew how, so our matches were a lot more even and more fun.

+ Reply to Thread