+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros Brawl

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl

Quote Originally Posted by amatsubu View Post
    yes I guess i do they had originally planned to do so much more with it and either became to lazy or pressed the game way to soon, it's up in the air as to which.
    Really though, a lot of those promises were probably just rumors from the fan base. Sometimes they come up with some far fetched things and shove words in the developers mouth so to speak

Newbie amatsubu is off to a good start amatsubu's Avatar
    In the most corrupt, and scheming boarding school ever...cause my parents hate me v.v
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Really though, a lot of those promises were probably just rumors from the fan base. Sometimes they come up with some far fetched things and shove words in the developers mouth so to speak
    I have witnessed some of those crazy rumors, but as the fact that my uncle was on the board of editors I expected some of the things he said to have come true.

unfortuantely the majority of people who discuss gaming frustrate me, because in reality they know very few of the details. They will take the basic knowledge of the game and apply other theories and ideas to it, from different games, to fill in the blanks ans this is incorrect. No offense to him but as an example shadowrulz believed that to unlock gando was a big deal because he was one of the last unlockables but that is not true, when up against anyone who is fairly knowledgeable about the game let alone a pro that person would be completely destroyed, that is unless he has the uncanny ability of foresight. These are the comon mistakes of noobs, and unfortuantely it is extremely frustrating.
    Last edited by gren; Mar 12, 2008 at 09:02 PM.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amatsubu View Post
    unfortuantely the majority of people who discuss gaming frustrate me, because in reality they know very few of the details. They will take the basic knowledge of the game and apply other theories and ideas to it, from different games, to fill in the blanks ans this is incorrect. No offense to him but as an example shadowrulz believed that to unlock gando was a big deal because he was one of the last unlockables but that is not true, when up against anyone who is fairly knowledgeable about the game let alone a pro that person would be completely destroyed, that is unless he has the uncanny ability of foresight. These are the comon mistakes of noobs, and unfortuantely it is extremely frustrating.
    Shadowrulz really only meant it in the respect that ganondorf would be a cool character to play as. That is all. Not having to do with if he could beat a professional or not. Even I must agree I am pretty excited to use ganon as well. I used to really like using him in Melee.

I never really liked the word newb....it should not be used as often as people throw it out there. It should only be used when we are talking about someones skill in gaming, not knowledge of the gaming world.

I also disagree with the fact that one character is better than another in Brawl....I really think it depends on the persons style of playing. Any character can be great if you know how to use them correctly.

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrulz View Post
    Whoever it is must've been fairly good with Ganon. I heard that Ganon is one of the last unlockables. *shrug* All I know is that Marth hasn't changed, which means I'll have an easy time with him. ^.^
    The only difference i can think of for him is that his reagular speacil attack(the sword slice) was changed to a sword thurst, also his dolphin dance(over speacil) seems to be quite faster.

Im haveing a great time with this game. So far my favorite character or characters to use would have to be Snake, Wario(though not very good with him, just fun to eat things), Ike, and sonic.

Our group of freinds have beaten the story mode already and i think it is great, some very owning and funny moments. Though it was very annoying at times with some of the creatures and bosses that you have to fight.

I love the stage builder, 3 min recording, and co-op, options that they put into this game. As of the new levels in the game the only one that i didnt like would be the donkey kong jungle one that moves like the melee version of the ice climbers stage (scrolling up during gameplay). Some of the new levels like Wario ware, picto chat, and flatzone2 have some uniqe events that will happen in the middle of the match, which is very interesting to have to change your stratagy in the middle of battle.

Some of the new items also make the gameplay interesting like the smartbomb from the starfox universe, the lighting bolt from mario kart, Dragoon from Kirby Air ride, and the Final smash orb. some of these people will do all they can to get them first, and avoid those who have them.

Also on a side note (though this didnt bother me as much) a freind of mine who was good at melee had a little trouble with the transition betwen the two games.

Overall this game is great.
    Last edited by nexusolus; Mar 12, 2008 at 08:10 AM.

Made by me.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm Akumu View Post
    yo who's the best char you've played w/ so far? i kno u said u liked them all but im curious
    Well I would have to say it would be either Pit or Luigi. They changed Luigi so that his over B can charge longer and it has a better chance of exploding now. Pit just owns with the curving arrows and his two reflects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Hey can you tell me how Sheik plays? She's my best/favourite character in Melee and I'd be bummed out teriby if she suked!
    She played like a better version of the Melee one. Her final smash is better than the Zelda version in my opinion as well. Any character that was in Melee was improved in this game with just slight differences to make them own harder. The only one who got worse in my opinion was Link. He used to be insanly owning but they weakened him to make him more even with the other characters.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Ganon is still in the game ive unlocked all the characters already. and Lucas is bad ass.

Im a Sonic and Star wolf player and ive beaten some of the best online.

I must be the only that has acces to the game because you guys are ranting this thread with rumors and random talk...
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    Ganon is still in the game ive unlocked all the characters already. and Lucas is bad ass.

Im a Sonic and Star wolf player and ive beaten some of the best online.

I must be the only that has acces to the game because you guys are ranting this thread with rumors and random talk...
    What rumors or random talk are you speaking of? The only thing i can consider "rumor" would be people asking about ganon.

You should save your matches against the "best" and place them on youtube.
    Id like to see them.

Made by me.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^_^ Soshi and i played at the Brawl tournament held by our game store! we both lost, but it was still super fun!

my best characters (so far) are Kirby and the Pokemon Trainer! i just love fighting as Kirby! he's so cute! and they really amped him up so he totally rocks now! the trainer is also fun because all three Pokemon have very different styles that compliment each other! Charzard is strong, Squirtle is super fast, and Ivysaur has some pretty cool long range attacks!

@ Jokerman: Sheik/Zelda is still very powerful, but they slowed her down a bit. also, her transformation takes a long time now! it's 3-5 seconds, it doesn't sound like a lot, but it makes a huge difference in the heat of battle! Soshi found out the hard way... T_T poor guy...
    It makes a very huge diffrence indeed! I mean her speed was the only one that could match up with Fox/Falco in Melee and still keep that physical strength. and her transformation is sort of a bummer. i mean its not too bad for me seeing that I don't use Zelda at all. I mean as soon as the battle start I go Skeik and start the smashin! lol

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

Grimm Akumu (Mar 12, 2008)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast