+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros., the fights go on!

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Super Smash Bros., the fights go on!

There is always someone out there playing a Super Smash Bros. game, so there's always new fights to talk about, so chat about the series here, in this, the Super Smash Bros., the fights go on thread.

Been playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Discuss each other's experiences with each other, give advice, get advice, share good times, let this be your topic for that Smash Bros. talk you've been craving!

To start, what is it that appealed to you most about Smash Bros. when you first became interested in it and got into it?

For me, more than anything, it was the gameplay. Just crazy battles with Nintendo's All-Stars, with classic items from the series' of some of the characters adding to the hectic pace that SSB games have.

RPG Character: MetalGarurumon. Level: 86.

Newbie Dark Tidus is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Super Smash Bros., the fights go on!

I first saw the game at daycare a very long time ago. Back when the game had like 14 characters. I played and got very good at it. So I kept playing I started playing it a lot and then my friends would all come over and play it with me. The game ended up to be about the best I've ever played mainly because multi-player is so easy and fun.

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, that's another thing I really liked about the game it was easy, I was able to just pick it up and play when I rented the original SSB game for N64, it was nice, I could spend the time enjoying checking it out rather than learning how to even play the game half decently.

Then I had to have it, so now I have SSB, SSBM, and SSBB. Brawl is of course my favourite, because it's got the best graphics, by far the most content overall, and it has my two favourite Pokémon: Charizard, and Lucario. ^_^

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Yup, I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl. But to be honest, I never played it that much. I already had enough with Melee on my dear Gamecube. In my opinion, those two games are too similar to each other. If you've played one of them, you know the other one.
    There are of course different characters, new stages and a rather negligible story mode ... But those things aren't satisfying enough for me to play Brawl all over again.
    Additionally, I miss young Link a lot. Was my main character in Melee and without him, it's not the same anyway. ):
    It seems to be rather unbalanced too. I mean, what about Kid Icarus and that Metal Kirby thingy? Seriously, I hate to be against one of them.

I had a SO much fun with Melee however. I played it for like 100000 hours.
    ... A day.
    I remember especially well when I was playing with Yoshi trying to shoot a pic where you see his enemy, transformed into an egg, coming out of his, uhm, bottom. I never got such a shot though. Still many other funny ones. Boy, that was a laugh ... (:
    A wonderful multi player game, really. One of the best.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Thanks

Yeah, definitely a fantastic game, very addictive, I played it right up to when I got Brawl, then I moved onto that, I just had to because of all the entirely new things it had to offer.

My top 2 favourite Smash Bros. characters of all time, a Stage Builder mode, an Adventure Mode that, if you ask me, I think was actually pretty darn enjoyable, and fun new stages (though that isn't a really big deal, I usually just Brawl on Final Destination or a custom stage).

I've got a little over 834 hours of Power Time on Brawl, and have clocked in a total of well over 1100 hours in Melee (I've had Melee many years more than Brawl, that's why I have hundreds of hours more Power Time on it. :P). XD

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    I've got a little over 834 hours of Power Time on Brawl, and have clocked in a total of well over 1100 hours in Melee (I've had Melee many years more than Brawl, that's why I have hundreds of hours more Power Time on it. :P). XD
    Whew, kudos to you, dude!
    That sure is a lot of play time. I guess, you're like, THE pro in SSMB ... It won't take you long to catch the time up with Brawl! Just another 266 hours to go. (:
    I played Melee a lot too. Must have been like 500 for sure. Though you have to count my brother into that time too. And some other friends ... (: @_@
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku Kaijudozero may be famous one day Kaijudozero may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm... what first attracted me to SSB was seeing characters from different games duke it out in up to 4 player matches with items such as poke'balls and the invincibility star from mario... I play SSBB nowadays because im pretty good at it and Nintendo keeps the surprise up with the hidden characters such as marth/roy in melee and meta knight/dedede/sonic/wolf in brawl...
    Emotions tend to lose their strength when put in words, So I prefer to speak only what is absolutely necessary..

Kaijudozero.deviantart.com

Thanks

Note taken, lapis (not literally, just in my head). Lol

Yeah, I've played tons of Brawl, trying to master my new mains, that weren't already in Melee before, which are Charizard, Lucario, Wolf, and Ike.

My other two, not-so-often-used mains are Zelda and Fox (Fox is much better for combos than Wolf, lots of multiple hit attacks, and fast. ), I've got sweetspotting Zelda's Lightning Kicks down fairly well, but still have quite a bit of trouble sweetspotting the kicks against smaller characters (almost every kick is sweetspotted against Bowser though. XD).

I understand you haven't played Brawl very much, but when you do play it, can you handle the Level 9 CPUs with ease, or is it a bit trickier now, since they've got a bit better intellegence now, and actually dash? =P

The best I've been able to do is beat Level 9 CPU Meta Knight in a 4 stock match without losing a life, as Charizard. I've also gotten through Classic mode on Intense as Lucario, and had 2 lives remaining when I cleared it.

Edit: @ Kaijudozero: Yeah, I wish I could say the same, but coming close to the new year in 2007, character select screen rumors were running wild, and I stuck around until someone that got a hold of a copy of Brawl went through the game into all the characters were unlocked, so I found out the entire character selection before it even came out. >.>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast