+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tales Of The Abyss Clips

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Tales Of The Abyss Clips

Well i am a huge fan of this game so i want to make a AMV on it however. i cant seem to find the clips if someone has a megaupload file or anything please link me i dont want links to (watch) the movies because i already own the game i want links to dl thanks to you if you help me
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tales Of The Abyss Clips

If you own the game then why not try to rip the files yourself? The quality will be much much better. I suggest trying PSS Plex if the .PSS file is visable on your DVD. If not and you have the .dat or .pak files instead...they the below method:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMann
    I found this forum along with another related to Guilty Gear XX when I was trying to find similar information (except the other was for the Music files). And it turns out you have to do a lot of manual stuff to get what you want. I'm a rookie at this kind of thing, but I'll try my best to explain how to do it. There's a chance you already have the solution, Cyber Akuma, but I'll post anyway just in case. My version of Guilty Gear XX (PS2) is the US version and has the MOVIE_A.PCK as well. For those interested, my theory on how these .PCK files work will be at the end.

Here are the programs I used:

Video Related:
    DGMPGDec (DGMPGDec MPEG1/2 Decoder and Frame Server , related to DVD2AVI)
    AviSynth 2.5
    VirtualDub (Welcome to virtualdub.org! - virtualdub.org)

Audio Related:
    MFAudio v1.1 (Search on Google with mfaudio 1.1 to find it)
    Cool Edit Pro
    An Audio Encoding tool (LAME, OGG, whatever)

With this how-to, I'm going to assume that people already know how to edit the Movie and Audio files and encode or mux everything together. And if you have other alternatives to the Audio/Video editing programs I used, go ahead and use them. Okay, use DGMPGDec to create a .D2V file and use AviSynth 2.5 to frameserve it into VirtualDub. Edit the video the way you want. I deleted whatever frames I wanted to get the Opening, later I reopened the file to get the Extra video and again to get the Company Logos. Don't forget to delete the corrupted frames (twitching frames, might actually be the Audio data being read wrong). At this point, I encoded the videos after editing them. For those that don't know, you can always add in the Audio later with VirtualDub.

Next, I used MFAudio and opened the MOVIE_A.PCK file with it. I was lucky when I tried this, it was only a guess that MFAudio would work the same way it did on the MUSIC.PCK file. Here are the settings I used in MFAudio:

File Format: RAW - Raw Sound Data - Uncompressed PCM
    Frequency: 48000 Hz
    Samples: 16 bits
    Channels: 2
    Interleave: 200 Bytes
    Offset: 0 Bytes

I didn't bother with trying to figure out the offset to cut off a few MBs. After all, I was just trying it to see if it worked. After that, I saved as the File Format, WAV - Microsoft RIFF - Uncompressed PCM. The Audio file will be the same size as the MOVIE_A.PCK (about 383MB), so beware. Don't play the Audio when you try it with MFAudio, you'll just get a ear-piercing sound. If you do listen to it, turn down the volume to almost nothing on your speakers.

Now that you have a .WAV file, open it with your favorite Audio editor. I used Cool Edit Pro, which plays the file automatically after scanning it. Remember to turn the volume down if you have it set the same way. Anyways, as you can see from the graph, there's Audio in there. Just select/highlight what you want, Paste New, and save as a WAV file; or delete whatever you don't want and Save as Copy of what's left as a WAV file. Make sure to keep as much of the playable beginning and end of the audio as you can get.

Now you have the Audio. Try it with the Video and see if they sync the way you want it too. They should if you kept the whole segment of the playable Audio. Then encode the WAV whatever way you want. Put the Video and Audio together, and you're done. For those that don't know how to do certain things, sites like Doom9.net - The Definitive DVD Backup Resource can help you.

From what I've seen in Guilty Gear XX, the .PCK files are like a folder with a bunch of files in it. Here's an example, let's say we have 3 Movie files (MovieA, MovieB, MovieC) along with 3 Audio files (AudioA, AudioB, AudioC) that go with each movie. Here's the order that they go in the .PCK file:

MovieA.m2v
    AudioA.wav
    MovieB.m2v
    AudioB.wav
    MovieC.m2v
    AudioC.wav

The file types are just my guesses. When you try to play these videos, you might notice corruption or freezing. This may be due to the Video playback program trying to play the audio as video.

I haven't tried Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, yet. But it was actually something I was going to try. I might post back with results, seeing as this is an old topic. And just for the heck of it, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven has 4 .PSS files that are actually just renamed to .BIN in the BIN folder; it's the last 4 files (2 Company, 2 Game related); IM.BIN and IS.BIN are the Music files, probably Monaural and Stereo, respectively. Use a program like PSS Demux to get out the Audio and Video files.

Newbie naska may be famous one day naska may be famous one day naska's Avatar
    Thanks

Chief has a point, you should rip'em yourself. But i owned the game too.. and when i think about it there's only like 3 or 4 ACTUAL anime FMVs. The opening, the part where Luke and Asch 1st meet, the rising of the floating landmass and the ending.. not a whole lot to play around with but if you pull it off, i'd like to see it. The game is my 2nd fav of the tales series so it'd be nice either way.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont agree with Chief its to much to do i just want to click download period i am not ripping my disk im just not
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

+ Reply to Thread