+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thats not Goth! lol

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thats not Goth! lol

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose92 View Post
    really i didnt know it had a unique sound to it at all i just thought it was a bunch of screamo music? yes? no? o.0
    yes and no. you see 'emo', 'screamo', 'alternative', and more sprouted from the Goth genre. but are those Goth? no.
    the Gothic bands i am referring to are the traditional Goth. Marilyn Manson does not even consider himself Goth.
    Goth was created in the 80s, the biggest bands probably being:
    The Cure, Alien Sex Fiend, and Siouxsie and the Bandshees.
    If you have heard of the band HIM, they are not goth. they are Alternative, and even consider themselves 'Love Metal'. But their big influence is the band Bauhaus, and that is Goth.
    The Cure and Siouxsie and the Bandshees are the first wave known as 80s PopGoth.
    and from that more and more waves of music popped up. Batcave, NU Metal, etc.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Most of you are familar with the music genre 'Goth', well being into the The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Nosferatu and Bauhaus, so am I.
    oh wait, we're you expecting me to say, Marilyn Manson, HIM, Evanescence, and Cradle of Filth?

What other musical genres and prominent bands are wrongly confused with Goth?
     click to show spoiler

The Gothic List
    I finally leave you with a big list with almost every Goth band worth mentioning included. If you want to check a band out just click on its name. You should be taken to site where you can listen to them.
     click to show spoiler

this is not a list thread, its just i feel like pointing out that the term 'goth' is a little overused. i wore all black to school, and a couple girls started teasing me for it.
    "look! he's gone all goth on us",
    listen, like 'emo' its a music statement, not a state of mind.
    any confusions? VampireFreaks.com - Gothic Industrial Culture ( also look at the pics, please.)
    Not goth bashing or nothing. But using music as a way to say who you are
    is a pretty lame excuse. Music doesn't define you. Music is a part of who you are yes. But saying i listen to Cradle of Filth and Haggard means I'm goth is pretty dull. Go find a hobby. But don't turn one thing into another.(ex. martial artist doesnt mean they walk around in there jika-tabi and black belt all day)

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nympho For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Mar 31, 2009), EmoNightmareRose (Mar 23, 2009), Scourge (Mar 23, 2009)

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Very true, and i like what you are saying. thats kind of the point i'm trying to make with this, (thats why theres the LOL in the title). because to me if you dissect something enough and look at it only under the microscope you miss the big picture.
    The main thing i was trying to show the differences between Goth, Emo, Alternative. etc. mainly because i am tired of every one confusing Emo, screamo, etc with Goth.

and i agree strongly, just because someone listens these genres necssaryily mean that they Goth or Emo. and vice versa. I just felt i needed to put this out there because many have forgotten the roots of Goth music,who made it, and what it is. i'm not saying to lable anyone as anything because of this. this is merely music genre clarification.

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like all those bands plus AFI. they are a great scremo/goth band.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zoolivemonster For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Mar 31, 2009)

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

The gothic culture has changed a lot from my previous preception of it when I was younger. Heck its changed in the last few years. I think they should just drop it and just let it be music and only music. Not some cultural experience

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NevesElocin For This Useful Post:

blackrose92 (Mar 31, 2009)

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

That is true. I mean I am gemo. That's a person who is goth and emo. I am goth because I love the music, i think dark thoughs, write morbid poems, love the colour black and love Hot Topic. I am emo b/c I am emotional, love stripes, love music genre, and no one accepts me for me, and love eyeliner.
    XD!
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2