+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Three Stooges remade?

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Three Stooges remade?

Today or rather yesterday I was talking to my mother and she told me that she heard that they were going to remake the 3 stooges with Benicio del Toro as Moe, Sean Pen as Larry, and Jim Carey as Curly, all I got to say is, say it ain't so hollywood, so how do you feel about that cast if it is true, I hope it just a rumor, but what are your thoughts?.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Three Stooges remade?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Today or rather yesterday I was talking to my mother and she told me that she heard that they were going to remake the 3 stooges with Benicio del Toro as Moe, Sean Pen as Larry, and Jim Carey as Curly, all I got to say is, say it ain't so hollywood, so how do you feel about that cast if it is true, I hope it just a rumor, but what are your thoughts?.
    I dont think it's a rumor, i had herd about it too. somehow, i have a horrible feeling it isnt a rumor..... I was never a big fan of the show back then, and I think the new incarnation will be a hollywood shipment of fail.
    there havent really been that many good movies this year, exept watchmen and Grand Torino. hopefully, they can turn it around before all movies suck.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

to me this actually seems pretty old-school funny.I mean I know for a fact Sean Penn and Benecio Del Toro can be funny as hell if they want to.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    to me this actually seems pretty old-school funny.I mean I know for a fact Sean Penn and Benecio Del Toro can be funny as hell if they want to.
    See that whats messed up with this generation, if it ain't in color or its real old, they won't watch it. It was real old school back in the 60, 70's, and 80's, and kids loved it. Most of my childhood was in the 80's and the stooges were a big part of it. All these hi-tech gadgets, and super hi-tech movies have drained kids imagination(and respect of anything old), like a giant mosquito.

I don't know what to make on this new incarnation of the stooges. If its done poorly, its a slap in the face to the classic stooges shorts. On the other hand if the script is good, and the actors do a good job, it could be a good tribute to the original members(Moe Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly Howard) work. I'll just have to wait to i see a trailer to see if these actors make a good moe larry and curly.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

umm..excuse me?
    lol, seriously I have seen and loved many movies in black in white. I studied about them for History of film.(One of my favorite movies of all time is Fritz Lang's Metropolis)
    And I love the classic three stooges. I watched it when I was little and I thought it was hilarious. I'll probably find it funny now too.
    The only reason I'm not immediately shooting this down is because I know a lot of these actors are funny, and I'm just curious to see how it is.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    umm..excuse me?
    lol, seriously I have seen and loved many movies in black in white. I studied about them for History of film.(One of my favorite movies of all time is Fritz Lang's Metropolis)
    And I love the classic three stooges. I watched it when I was little and I thought it was hilarious. I'll probably find it funny now too.
    The only reason I'm not immediately shooting this down is because I know a lot of these actors are funny, and I'm just curious to see how it is.
    Well i guess your the exception.

Your female right. Not too many girls love the stooges. Cool!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well i guess your the exception.

Your female right. Not too many girls love the stooges. Cool!!

sorry to disapoint, I'm male. But both my sisters and my mom like it and they introduced me to classic cinema, so its cool.
    but I agree wiith you, many people my age really hate things just because they're old. Its pretty annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast