+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Titan A.E. (2000)

Devoted Otaku Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML may be famous one day Alucard_ML's Avatar
    Thanks

Titan A.E. (2000)

Have you seen this animation

Titan A.E. is a 2000 animated science fiction adventure film from Fox Animation Studios and Twentieth Century Fox. The title refers to the fictional spacecraft that is central to the plot, with A.E. meaning "After Earth."

The film's animation technique combines traditional hand-drawn animation and extensive use of computer generated imagery. The film is in color, running 94 minutes in length, and is rated PG for "action violence, mild sensuality, and brief language." Its working title was Planet Ice.

Titan A.E. was not financially successful. After it made only $9,376,845 during its opening weekend, Fox Animation Studios was shut down. The film only grossed a total of $22,753,426 in theaters

Plot summary:
    In the year 3028 A.D., Earth is being attacked by the Drej, which are aliens made of pure energy! The Drej mothership destroys Earth with an energy beam just as hundreds of space vehicles manage to escape with the last of mankind aboard! One of the escapees is Sam's young son Cale, who carries with him a ring given to him by his father. Fifteen years later, Cale works on a salvage station, eking out a rough life and hating his father for having disappeared aboard the Titan so long ago. Without a home planet, surviving humans have been reduced to outer space drifters and are constantly bullied and looked down on by other space-faring races. A human captain named Joseph Korso and his pilot Akima seek out Cale and explain that he must help them find the Titan which contains a mechanism that will create a new Earth and therefore unite all of humanity. Meanwhile, the Drej wants to find the Titan so that they can destroy it. With Korso's help, Cale discovers that the ring his father gave to him contains a genetically encoded map to the Titan, and thus begins his race across the universe with Korso and his ship and crew, including Preed, a wisecracking rat-like humanoid, Gune, an eccentric, green-skinned scientist, and Stith, a tough, hard-as-nails weapons expert who resembles something of a kangaroo. Before long, Cale and Akima finds out that Korso is searching for the Titan in order to hand it over to the Drej.

What do you think off it, is it worth watching??

I think it's worth watching it's really good, good fun and a really good story...

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Titan A.E. (2000)

yea, i'll agree this animation film is worth watching. i was quite lucky to be able to own it, and at a cheap price as well. i was just looking through this shelf that have everything discounted with a friend, and he pointed it out that it was a good watch. so i thought, y not, and bought it. best decision of the day i reckon.

but as for the film itself, its a good family type animation. has a decent storyline (especially if ur interested in sci fi stuff), it is quite well drawn IMO and will keep u fairly interested.

so yea great show, recommend anyone to watch it at least once.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

now we are talking,
    ok so the movie I liked due to the fact that the human race has to survive in the harshest conditions.
    but humans adapt to their surroundings quickly.
    after earth is destroyed by the Dredge.
    I liked the film, watched it about 10 times. (always showing on t.v every few months) I personally would like people to have a look at it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Titan A.E.' was a nice move, but wasn't an exceptional one. It seems like most of the recent US Sci-Fi animation movies appear more intent on showing off their CGI effects then telling a real story. Compare this to a animation movie that tells a real story (such as any of the Pixar Studio Films, or any Miyazaki movie) Titan A.E. just doesn't stand up to the competition...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i remember i liked it a lot. the animation seemed nice, and it wasnt overly-kiddified. i should have bought it way back in the day. but i agree with Len, it wasnt AMAZING, just pretty good.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Wrong section, Its an American made film, moving to Sensory Pleasures

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember seeing this a while back from what i remember it wasn't all to bad.The animation was pretty good and the sound as well.But the story line could have bin a little better IMO.I was actually thinking of getting it but haven't bin able to find it yet .
    Last edited by koga23; Sep 24, 2007 at 05:36 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh man while this is 2000 it feels like it's been out in the mid 90s. I felt like it was great film, didn't get the recognition it deserves because animations then was still a "kid" thing. Remember how fox did so many commercials, and Creed did the "can you take me higher" song for it. I love the story, but it also left a lot of questions unanswered in the end. Oppose to Len, I would watch this movie over any Pixar movie because of the more mature theme.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast