+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Todays Music

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Todays Music

I grew up on metal and rock. When everyone had their lullabies, I had my Ozzy Osbourne. I eventually broadened my tastes since then.But yeah, I see your point. Music(radiowise) has gotten pretty damn annoying. That Fergie chick gets on my nerves.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

awww snap i love fergie. she is soo fergielicious, but im delicious!! hahaha. inside joke., anyway, music has gotten stupid. im startin to listen to vivian green and the ojays and stuff like that. but music has gotten pretty dumb

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, goddamn!! Do you know how many times I've heard that song this week? I was still staying over at that chick's house most of the week, and her sisters live there as well. The rap station here plays that song and "london frickin bridge over 8 times a day. Oyyyyy.........*puts gun to head* If I hear that godforsaken song one more time.....
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think i'm going to get scowled for this but..

todays pop and rap music sucks...lol

I love rock and a little bit of metal, so I guess most of my music would be labelled as "emo"

But who really cares? music is music and it's just reality that people like different music.

I listen to it because I think it's good..not because it's emo
    some people really need to get over it...

Otaku LouisaDeztini may be famous one day LouisaDeztini may be famous one day
    Thanks

I grew up with a diet of classical, pop, rock anf jazz. A bad mix. Perhaps metal sounds to harsh for those who grew up with a diet without metal. I personally have nothing with metal but I'll get quite death after listening to it for too long. There's nothing wrong to listening to metal. Screw those who have problems with it. It gotta do with preferences. Their views should not disturb you as it seems to right now.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The music tastes of the general public change.
    There is still enough metal to go around but it usually doesn't belong in the 'pop' category.

Also,
    1)Real metal isn't emo. Linkin Park is emo, Slipknot is not.
    2)Why the shit do you care if other people call it emo? It's just a name.

Listen to whatever you want and stop caring about what other people say about it.
    amen. that's all that needs to be said about that. i listen to the music that i do because it's good. it has real music involved and actual talent needed to do the things these bands do. better than singing via soundcard and dancing like a fairy on stage.

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I also grew up with metal (Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slayer, and Pantera to name a few) and honestly I stuck with it. Today's music is based on fads, people who are into an artist for a month at most, then they move on. Metal fans are forever, in that I doubt you'll find a guy who says 'Yea, I was into Slayer for a summer'. Today I'm listening to those bands and more (just recently found out about a european band called Arch Enemy), and to hell with mtv hiphop crap. What today's music has lost is it's lasting presence. People like Britney Spears and 50 cent are hacks, they're temporary. But Lamb of God is eternal.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I grew up listening to rap and R&b. Now my most interest is in rock, J-pop, J-rock, K-pop, and K-rock. The music began to change so it didn't keep much of my liking
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast