Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: is todays music good or disgusting?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is todays music good or disgusting?

well i dont know the history but ok fayt you go ahead and call a black person that.

i will miss you. and black men alays have their crew so dont go alone.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlinari View Post
    Now i'm not racist, but the whole nigger thing pisses me off. If they are allowed to call eachother it, i sure as hell should be.
    if it upsets them then just don't say it. there's no real need. use a different word.

princess~~ i don't have to worry about that, most of my neighbors are black and they are all friendly, (they are not however (n-word)s)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain's Avatar
    Thanks

/EDIT/
    Salinari:

I'm sorry but black people need to get over the whole slavery thing. They use it as an excuse for so much shit now days. Black people take everything offensively, yet they are allowed to call white people nerds etc and if we cause a fuss we're being prejudice somehow. I mean at point they tried to change the ****ing Union Jack cos black people were offended that it didn't have the colour black in.

Now i'm not racist, but the whole nigger thing pisses me off. If they are allowed to call eachother it, i sure as hell should be.
    Nah, not really. It's not slavery that black people complain about, it's racism, which no matter how blind and ignorant you are as a white person, still exists. Asians and Latin Americans have the same problem and bring up the same issues. As a caucasion, you have no right to say "Those people need to stop complaining so much" because you, as a caucasion, have no clue what they are going through. The news and your grandma and granddad can't tell you everything, dearest. Slavery is in the past. Racism is not. Minorities just cry for equal representation in the big and small places of America. That's not a crime at all.

White people call white people nerds. Nerd is not an insulting word. NERD is a freaking stereotype just like punk & prep, so comparing Nerd and (n word) shows how little your understanding is of the issue. Nerd is more of a compliment. You see shirts in the mall that say "I <3 Nerds", and when people call themselves nerds it's usually for fun. The same cannot be said for the "N" word. "Nerds" applies to all races, not just white people, however the "N" word does not. So think about it again.

Moving on,

"Nigger" is not a word that should be going around, period, whether from white to black or black to black.

If you're white, you cannot say "nigger," no matter how many times a black person does. I don't think using the "N" word can be justified, but nor can a lot of things in this world, like racism (Sarlinari) . While I still think it's disrespectful to use the word in ANY situation from/to ANY race, a white person ESPECIALLY cannot use that word, because -they- made it the 'bad word' it is today. -You- made it an insult, not us. And there is no way, at no point in time, that you will -ever- be able to revive that word in your light skinned society. That's just the way the world works.

/END Edit/

I really dont feel like reading all 6 pages so if I'm repeating someone, excuse me. Here's my voice:

Today's music is not music. Do not confuse rap/hip hop/rock/metal with talent. Neither one of those "music" genres require any talent at all. If all you have to do is get on stage and take off a few clothes, or run around screaming "YEAH!!!" to get a crowd riled up, you really dont have any talent. If you can't have a LIVE CONCERT without voiceovers and pre-recordings, then you have no talent at all. You -CAN NOT- jump around on stage and sing beautifully at the same time. So the people you see having a party on stage, have -no- talent.

Real artists and singers hardly sell as much as they used to. Today, if you can dance/rock to the music, it's a hit. If you can sing, well, no one really cares.

Rap to me has gotten really disgusting. It used to be artistic. It used to be clean, and just something to swing to. It used to require talent because rappers originally had to come up with their own lyrics in "rap battles," which I think -is- talent because how quickly can you come up with rhymes to the rhythm of a song with no prior practice? Now hip hop artists claiming to be world influences and role models talk about the -worst- stuff possible, and give the african americans a very, very bad image.
    Last edited by Princess Rain; Aug 12, 2006 at 12:15 PM.
    >AnimeUnlimited.Net< Unlimited talk. Unlimited fun. Unlimited anime.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

mmmm well rain, put it this way....dir en grey's leader singer has achieved tht....eeerr Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Atreyu, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Our Lady Peace...need i say more?

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Newbie Sarlinari may be famous one day Sarlinari may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rain
    Nah, not really. It's not slavery that black people complain about, it's racism, which no matter how blind and ignorant you are as a white person, still exists. Asians and Latin Americans have the same problem and bring up the same issues. As a caucasion, you have no right to say "Those people need to stop complaining so much" because you, as a caucasion, have no clue what they are going through. The news and your grandma and granddad can't tell you everything, dearest. Slavery is in the past. Racism is not.
    Yet black people can't be racist? Of course not. Only cauasions can be rasict.

Otaku Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl may be famous one day Star Girl's Avatar
    Thanks

wut u saying, i love todays music! lol im a HUGE music junky and i dont see anything rong wit the newer songs artists/bands are creating.
    Although the only "discusting" music would prolly be from "discusting" bands, or artists. lol i dunno.
    I just absalutly HATE the new hiphop/rap songs of today >.> its so annoying. Like tat new song "bossy" eeew lol
    im sorry, but i think its just too over-rated.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    actually your wrong. a decent girl would wear sluttish clothes.
    one because it is the area wear she lives in. you dont know nothing about that.
    two FOR THE MOTHER FU**ING TIME, ALL WOMEN WHO DRESS LIKE LSUTS DONT MEAN THEY ARE ****ING SLUTS!!!!!

NO I GOT A QUESTION WHAT THE **** IS A S LUT? A GIRL WHO ISNT AFRAID TO SHOW HER CURVES AND HER WELL SHAPED BODY.? WHO LIKE TO WEAR NICE FITTING JEANS AND LOOK NICE GOING OUT BUT YET SEXY? AND PEOPLE WHO WEAR ALL BLACK WE DONT CALL THEM WEIRDOS. THEY ARE GOTH BECAUSE FOR ONE, THATS WHAT THEY WEAR. AND TODAYS RAP IS ALL ABOUT MAKING ****ING HITS. THEY ARENT TRYING TO BE DISRESPECTFUL BECAUSE THEY INTERVIEWED NELLY, CRIME MOB, AND OTHER RAPPERS ONLY TO SAY,

" WE ARE TRUELY SORRY FOR OFFENDING ANY WOMEN. OUR SONGS ARE BASED ON WHAT TODAYS PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR. NO OFFENSE TO THEM IN ANY WAY"

WATCH FUVKING BET. THIS ARGUMENT IS MAKING ME PISSED SO IM ****ING DONE.
    Take a chill pill.

Anyway, how can anyone answer this question? It is purely based on personal opinion. If you want to debate make a thread in the debate and discuss forum (although I don't recommend it for this one).

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9