+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise, once The Last Samurai, now a Nazi.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Tom Cruise, once The Last Samurai, now a Nazi.

After seeing the previews for Valkyrie, the new film with Tom Cruise, what are your thoughts? Will the film flop like his last feature, Lions for Lambs?

My whole peeve with this film is the lack of a German accent in the film. Why would you play a Nazi and speak like you're from the Midwest?

I personally think Tom Cruise has lost his touch, ever since the whole "jumping on Oprah's couch" incident. Maybe people don't want to watch his movies anymore because of the vendetta against Scientology.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tom Cruise, once The Last Samurai, now a Nazi.

Xenu rocks.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    After seeing the previews for Valkyrie, the new film with Tom Cruise, what are your thoughts? Will the film flop like his last feature, Lions for Lambs?

My whole peeve with this film is the lack of a German accent in the film. Why would you play a Nazi and speak like you're from the Midwest?

I personally think Tom Cruise has lost his touch, ever since the whole "jumping on Oprah's couch" incident. Maybe people don't want to watch his movies anymore because of the vendetta against Scientology.
    Well, there are Nazis in the Midwest. The Neo variety, to be specific.

And I'd like to add that the historical Claus von Stauffenberg wasn't a Nazi, he just happened to be a colonel in the German army at that time. No Nazi sympathies makes killing the Fuhrer much easier to do. Also, just because one wore a swastika or did the Hitler salute at that time didn't mean that the person was a Nazi; to not say "Heil Hitler" even if you aren't a Nazi could get one shot for perceived treason at that time.

But back to Tom. Yes, regarding his accent, Deutschland isn't happy about it. Nor gay, for that matter.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I could care less about what a hollywood movie star worships as far as religion goes, but I do think jumping on Oprah's couch might have something to do with the fact that he's a has been. He had his prime time in the 90s as far as I'm concerned. The only films I've liked from the 00s is Minority Report and The Last Samurai.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    Well, there are Nazis in the Midwest. The Neo variety, to be specific.

And I'd like to add that the historical Claus von Stauffenberg wasn't a Nazi, he just happened to be a colonel in the German army at that time. No Nazi sympathies makes killing the Fuhrer much easier to do. Also, just because one wore a swastika or did the Hitler salute at that time didn't mean that the person was a Nazi.
    This isn't a debate. I'm just talking about Tom Cruise. And there were no Neo-Nazi's in the Midwest in 1940. (there was a German-American Nazi Party) Unless the film is also about time traveling, where giant gorillas take on Nazi ideals and try to wipe out every other species of ape... including human!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not afraid to admit that I'll pay $10.50 for that movie Saz just described.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I just seen the trailer and it aint bad, might watch it, or I just get it on dvd once it is release
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    This isn't a debate. I'm just talking about Tom Cruise. And there were no Neo-Nazi's in the Midwest in 1940. (there was a German-American Nazi Party) Unless the film is also about time traveling, where giant gorillas take on Nazi ideals and try to wipe out every other species of ape... including human!
    I'm not debating! What made you think I was? And I was partly joking. Remind me to use <SARCASM> tags next time.

You did bring up a bit of history, you see. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Back to Tom. There was this Scientology instructional video strictly for believers only leaked onto the web some months ago. Tom was in it, and boy, to say that he's "crazy" about Scientology would be an understatement!

If I remember correctly, he said something to the effect that Scientology has helped him realize that he has "special" powers to help other people. That's friggin' Superman for ya. That and other scary stuff. It's on Youtube somewhere.

I think THAT did in whatever charisma he had before, too.

Anonymous, you naughty b*stards, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I'm not afraid to admit that I'll pay $10.50 for that movie Saz just described.
    I'll wait for it to hit pay-per-view.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast