+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

What are your top five horror movies to recommend to someone, and WHY?

Scary movies just don't scare me anymore, so I'm looking to seek advice from friends on which movies I should see that I may have not seen already.

So if you would kindly post in this thread what your favorite horror movies are (your top 5 to make it quick) and WHY you choose them to be your top five,

I'm sure people would thank you and start arguing on how ridiculous that movie was as opposed to how scary.

My top five?

Like I said, movies just don't scare me anymore. But I do have to admit, the last movie to scare me out of my wits and had me weary every time I stepped near a television was The Ring. That movie was just plain spooky. I mean a video tape that could kill you, and not only kill you but by having some freaky pale girl with long, long black hair covered over her face come after you by a television set... *shudders* scaarrryy...

I don't have a top five yet. But I'd like to. *winkwink*

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

Horror movies don't scary me either.There are so many horror movies,but here r the ones I really like..
    1.Candyman:bcuz it's a good movie that can scare some people. You say his name 5 times in the mirror then slash.
    2.A Nightmare on Elm street:It's different the guy kills people in their dreams.

3.IT:I like it bcuz it's kinda funny in some parts. I'm not afraid of clowns.

4. The Shining:It's interesting everything starts out kinda normal then one of the people snaps.

5. Child's Play:It's funny in some parts. I like the Chucky movies.

You have probably seen those,but that's my top 5.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yeh, I've seen all of those except for The Shining. Would you consider that to be a scary movie? Like, thriller or suspense?

Ha, I remember IT. Scary @ss movie when it first came out. I was afraid of sewers for a while after that one.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Yeh, I've seen all of those except for The Shining. Would you consider that to be a scary movie? Like, thriller or suspense?

Ha, I remember IT. Scary @ss movie when it first came out. I was afraid of sewers for a while after that one.
    It has a lot of suspense. It's not really gory. It's not scary to me it's just weird. Lol I like IT.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Nosferatu, I like it because it's tasteful horror (not all blood and guts) and it still remains creepy and still holds a ban for it in Sweden, suck it.

(The rest are out of order b/c I only have 1 favorite)
    2) Planet Terror, I like this one because it's goofy and it has Michael Biehn.... and it's a zombie movie.

3) Aliens, I like this one because I like to see those alien battle movies and again Michael Biehn is in it. Some memorable moments too.

4) Event Horizon, boldly going where no horror movie has gone before, Neptune, and with the horror factors the movie is truely F'ed up!

5) Dawn of the Dead (original), You can never go wrong with the classic George A. Romero movies!

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Faces of Death The whole box set. Because it was real footage of scary sh*t, the first of its kind I think.

Nightmare on Elm Street Once again, all of them. These are classics. Freddie and scary go hand in hand. Plus... they're a riot to watch.

Hostel Heh... I saw for the first time when my son was 3, he was in the room. Sooo yeah I'm probably a bad mom for that. But, nothing hieghtens your fear like a frightened child.

White Noise I know thats a lame one. But, I believe that spirits can make contact through white noise, Like in EVP's. So, the movie just creeps me out.

And lastly Parents Thats one of those ones you see when you're a kid, it just kinda sticks with you. It was pretty funny. About a kid who suspects his family is eating human meat for dinner. :P
    ... Not Ever Again...

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

What there are scary moves !? no wai !, But really the stuff that's out here there now is not scary at all to me.So i am going to have to stick with some of the classics i grew up with..

1.) The Thing- why i like it ? well its a classic for one.The story line is reasonable and there are some moments in the movie that can be a bit freaky i guess for some one who has yet to see it.

" The story of it consist of a crew stationed at an Antarctic base.Being stalked by a alien that can shape shift, so you really don't know who's who" Made in 1982

That's all that i can think of as of now.Not many that really sacred me now or back then.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I would call it more suspense but that's just me..
    Last edited by koga23; Jul 21, 2008 at 05:15 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

1. The Exorcist- I was watching it at midnight on tv as I was taping it as well, scare the crap out of me.
    2. The Ring- Watching it and the home phone went off the same time the phone in the movie went off, scared me
    3.Ghostship-ghost able to change apperance, people cut in half at the beginning scared me

well that it for me no top five yet. seen the the exorcist of emily rose its was fine
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast