+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

5 Final Destination 2 - Edgy and very unexpected;
    4 Untraceable - Because really, who wouldn't watch you die?
    3 I Am Legend - Smart, mutant-zombies with only one cure.
    2 Hills Have Eyes 2 - Crazy, mutated monsters who enjoy blood, a lot--
    1 Andromeda Strain - Mass diseases are my biggest fear.

that about covers it. 5 is least 1 is most.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

1. Hills Have Eyes- this movie is scary.
    2. The Grudge- awesome movie.
    3. House of Wax(the newer version)-this movie is kinda good, but not enough to keep me awake, although I could give spoilers of gross scenes that I like but I won't
    4. Ghostship- is a gross scary movie, I suggest you eat during this movie while they are
    eating,....well,.... I don't want to give it away
    5. Jeepers Creepers - the first one is kinda scary, well not really, the second one sucks
    but I have high hopes for the third coming out next year

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

1. A nightmare on elm street (the whole series)

2. Aliens (only Aliens, as in the second, the others went form cool to downright funny)

3. The hills have eyes (both)

4. Night of the Living Dead (and all the sequals. but i don't really fear zombies, i have an escape plan)

5. The Haunting (this is a pretty old one, its about a living house that kills people)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

1) The Thing: My no.1 favourite film of all time! It was the special effects for me. Between the 'stomach teeth' the 'walking head' and the mutated guy corpse thing. Also the entrapment, knowing there's no way to run to.

2) Alien: Alien is a fantastic Horror film. Again, the isolation plays a huge part in the 'fun' of the film. From the Alien corpse, the chest-burster and the face hugger.

3) Gearge Romero's 'dead' films: They're not scary, but have a lovely cult feel to them that I just can't escape. Night had a great ending, Dawn was just plain cool, Day had to be the best and Land ahd good ideas and was still executed pretty well!

4)Friday the 13th: The original is fantastic and isn't amazingly 'overblown' with gore considering newer horror films that go for shock rather than fear. Another good ending.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Muffin For This Useful Post:

!The White Wolf (Aug 06, 2008)

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

for me i don't watch horror movies becasue i can't ... i hate horror movies >_<

1 . The Ring .... this movie made my life like a hell (sorry for this word XD) ... i can't sleep well and i fear night and i fear dark and other things XD ...
    2 . Final Destination 1 .... i didn't watch all the movie XD
    3 . 1408 ... this movie i didn't watch becasue when i entered the room and saw my bother watching this movie and his had hair stand(i don't know if this is the right word >_<)
    4 . the others .. i have seen this movie but all the time i were closing my eyes and trying to not watching anything ..
    5 . The Sixth Sense ... this movie make me not sleeping for 3 nights ...

i look funny >_< .. i am from the people who they called weak hearts XD ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

1. The Evil Dead: Great movie, with funny scenes, great characters, and one hell of a good ending.

2. Friday the 13th: No explanation needed. Killing camp counselors and an ending that makes M Night Shamylan talk about the twist for weeks.

3. The Shining: Madness, hallucinations, and creepy english ghost twins. What can possibly go wrong in this mountain hotel?

4. Children of the Corn: Classic horror flick which shows how scary innocent children can be. Plus......OUTLANDER! WE HAVE YOUR WOMAN!!!!!

5. Jurassic Park: Killer dinosaurs killing off a small group of humans. Perfect.
    Why hello there!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I haven't seen not ONE scary movie listed in this thread. THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!

All of you who said The Hills Have Eyes - HOW can that be a scary movie!!? I couldn't take it seriously, it was so stupid!
    5. Jurassic Park: Killer dinosaurs killing off a small group of humans. Perfect.
    Um, did you read the title of this thread?? I don't think that movie was made to be a horror film?

And you..
    5 Final Destination 2 - Edgy and very unexpected;
    4 Untraceable - Because really, who wouldn't watch you die?
    3 I Am Legend - Smart, mutant-zombies with only one cure.
    2 Hills Have Eyes 2 - Crazy, mutated monsters who enjoy blood, a lot--
    How are ANY of those movies scary?! I am legend was about survival, Final Destination was suspenseful, and Hills Have Eyes was dumb, thus Hills Have Eyes 2 was dumber.

I think I'm confusing you people on what a horror flick is.

Horror is AH! OH MY GOODNESS, MY HEART!!!!!!!!

Not, "oh yeah. That was a cool effect".
    or in this case, "wow, that was corny".

4 . the others .. i have seen this movie but all the time i were closing my eyes and trying to not watching anything ..
    5 . The Sixth Sense ... this movie make me not sleeping for 3 nights ...
    Those were pretty good movies, i have to admit

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    I haven't seen not ONE scary movie listed in this thread. THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!
    Blame Hollywood ?

Anyway why not check out Janghwa, Hongryeon (A Tale of Two Sisters) or even Ju-on if you have yet to check them out.

For those who don't know Ju-on is the main idea behind ('The Grudge') which IMO sucked.But Ju-on is a far better movie, it even surprised me a few times.

Janghwa, Hongryeon (A Tale of Two Sisters) its worth looking in to
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast