+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Top 5 Horror Movies (EXPLAIN WHY!)

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Blame Hollywood ?

Anyway why not check out Janghwa, Hongryeon (A Tale of Two Sisters) or even Ju-on if you have yet to check them out.

For those who don't know Ju-on is the main idea behind ('The Grudge') which IMO sucked.But Ju-on is a far better movie, it even surprised me a few times.

Janghwa, Hongryeon (A Tale of Two Sisters) its worth looking in to
    It's funny how not one of those films are of American production.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    It's funny how not one of those films are of American production.
    Well it seems to see a true Horror film its your only really choice now a days.Since Hollywood has gone soft and can't make a horror film if there lives depended upon it.Really quite sad....
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hey, Hey.. let's not get all touchy-feely on the subject. Don't blame Hollywood for the writers that are coming up now our days.

Blame Bush.

*Edit! -

Haha, this post deserves a thanks, lmfao.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE horror movies. And I don't know if these are exactly the scariest movies I've seen but these are my favs, not the best horror movie in my opinions, but my favs. theres a difference.

1.) Halloween (Original) This made slasher films, slasher films. Like the story was great, the fact they didn't explain why he killed was great. The way he didn't talk, but let his killing do the talking for him was great, and that mask...that theme music....phenomenal.

2.) The Exorcist (Original) I've only seen this once, and I can't see it again, well not alone at least like I did before. I saw it on Halloween by myself last year instead of going trick or treating (yes i still do that.) And it just got me man, that little girl was so terrifying. I wanna see it again so badly, but I won't allow myself to, its to terrifying.

3.) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original) - the fact that this was a true story made me wanna see it. the fact that back when my momma went to see it they had to shut down the movie theater to get her out cuz she was freaked out, MADE me had to see it. It wa such a scary movie, Leatherface was such a classic nutcase, and the end where the girl is laffin/crying was one of the best endings in a horror flick ever.

4.) The Omen (Original) This movie is great and I think deserved more stars then it should have. Like, the storyline itself was so magnificent and I thought was golden. Learning Damen's history and at the very end seeing the "666" in his scalp was so awesome. And the smile at the end the kid gave the camera was hella scary.

5.) The Ring - That little girl was such a freaking creepy thing. the commercials that came on for it at 3am with the actual ring video creeped me out that I had to sleep wit my momma! The ending was cool, the idea was original, gotta love the originality.

Whelp! Hope you enjoyed! ^_^

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

!The White Wolf (Aug 06, 2008)

Newbie Loogaru is off to a good start Loogaru's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that Hollywood has gone limp in making anything close to even being scary these days. Can someone please bring back the 80's horror films with all of the gore. All of the old horror films had much better special effects in them than todays films with all of their CGI which just screams fake. Well that is my opinion at least.
    My 5 favorite horror films:
    1. Nightmare on Elm Street- This was the first movie to give me nightmares.
    2. The Howling- Werewolves, you just gotta love us hairy beast.
    3. The Return of The Living Dead- The first Zombie flic to scare the F#@$ out of me, I think I was 8 at the time. I still hate grave yards at night.
    4. One Missed Call- The original of course, the american remake sucked.
    5. Pulse - Once again, the original and not the american remake.

The first three films scared the heck out of me when I was a kid and the last two were the only ones I have seen lately to have actually sent a chill down my spine. If you have not seen any of these, check'em out.

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loogaru View Post
    I agree that Hollywood has gone limp in making anything close to even being scary these days. Can someone please bring back the 80's horror films with all of the gore. All of the old horror films had much better special effects in them than todays films with all of their CGI which just screams fake. Well that is my opinion at least.
    That's the problem with new 'Horror' films, in that all the good ideas have been taken and used and all they do now is a slasher film with lots of isolation, graphic violance and cruelety. Take the Saw series of films. They're not scary or even suspence-full, but dish out lots of gore in a flashy way.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    5.) The Ring - That little girl was such a freaking creepy thing. the commercials that came on for it at 3am with the actual ring video creeped me out that I had to sleep wit my momma! The ending was cool, the idea was original, gotta love the originality.
    you are right that girl made me not to sleep at night and because of her i fear more from the dark i can't go to anywhere until my sister come with me *crying* .... the movie make my life as hell (sorry for this word XD) .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frozen Rose For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Jul 28, 2008)

Newbie Guilbert Rosenthal may be famous one day Guilbert Rosenthal may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmmm.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................................

probably The Grudge. I have never been so terrified......................................... .................................................. ...............................EVER!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra
    deleting peoples posts for no valid reason has nothing to do with my "personal" life on this board. Back off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast