View Poll Results: Should one American show get counted as anime when the other is not?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

6 15.38%
  • No.

18 46.15%
  • Who the *&$% cares?!

15 38.46%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Totally unfair... (Avatar vs. The Boondocks)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Totally unfair... (Avatar vs. The Boondocks)

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange and unfair to classify Avatar: The Last Air Bender as an anime series (something that was created here in America), but The Boondocks gets the shaft? I'm not starting a complaint thread, I just want opinions.

Why does Avatar get to be considered anime when it was created by Americans just like The Boondocks. Were my brother here, he'd say something like, "That's racism in a cup!" LOL. What's your opinion? Should Avatar be counted as anime? Why shouldn't The Boondocks?

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Totally unfair... (Avatar vs. The Boondocks)

Again, it all boils down to persional openion. I say that it is an anime but that is because I like it. Somebody else might feel that because it isn't very populer accross the Pacific, it doesn't count.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Again, it all boils down to persional openion. I say that it is an anime but that is because I like it. Somebody else might feel that because it isn't very populer accross the Pacific, it doesn't count.
    Yeah, but when a majority of the publics opinions are the same, it kinda matters. This really isn't a big deal to me, but I'm just curious how one can be considered anime when the other is drawn in the same style and is made in the same country--outside of Japan.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I thought we pretty much established that Avatar WASN'T anime.
    In conclusion: neither are anime.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I thought we pretty much established that Avatar WASN'T anime.
    In conclusion: neither are anime.
    If that's the case then why is it in the Anime section of the forums? I know it's not anime and that's why it bothers me. Because when I see Avatar in the anime forums and I post about The Boondocks, only to have it moved to sensory pleasures. Like I said earlier, it's not a big deal? I just want everyone's opinion in the matter. Regardless of the fact that everybody KNOWS it's not anime, I'd like to know why people can act like one show is anime and the other isn't when neither of them are. The same goes for that piece of crap show, Stormhawks--or whatever it's called.

I like me some Avatar though. I watched it religiously at one point in time.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    If that's the case then why is it in the Anime section of the forums? I know it's not anime and that's why it bothers me. Because when I see Avatar in the anime forums and I post about The Boondocks, only to have it moved to sensory pleasures. Like I said earlier, it's not a big deal? I just want everyone's opinion in the matter. Regardless of the fact that everybody KNOWS it's not anime, I'd like to know why people can act like one show is anime and the other isn't when neither of them are. The same goes for that piece of crap show, Stormhawks--or whatever it's called.

I like me some Avatar though. I watched it religiously at one point in time.
    Stormhawks thing was for a promotion and I didn't put avatar there either. It's probably because the Sensory pleasures forum has no sub forums.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I suggested avatar be added because there was a lot to talk about with the show and the new season was coming up, not because I considered it an anime. If you even look at my suggestion, I compared it to Storm hawks in that sense. That and the fact a few members showed interest in it, and there you go. But to defend it somewhat in this case, if you look at both shows, Avatar comes closer to fitting in with the section more than Boondocks would.

But to stay on topic, I don't care if someone calls it an anime or not.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I feel you pain bro!

If you get technical any type of animation is anime since that anime is the term use in japan for animation. I really don't think we have the right to say what is anime or what is not since we do not onw the term.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast