+ Reply to Thread

Thread: touch screen toys

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

touch screen toys

So, my laptop recently died on me. That's not the point of this post though. Rather what lead to it. I began looking into touch screen laptops, because I really REALLY dig the idea. Well I found they were expensive but not overly so. But then I started hearing about the ipad, and my favorite tech toy, my ebook reader went kaput on me too! I was so upset.
    So I'd like to know what ya'll think about ipads mostly. Over hyped like most apple products? Worth the money? Do ya' want one?! I know I do.

I myself need something I can use for school as I plan on starting school this fall if I can make it happen. But I totally desperately want an ipad instead. would it be functional for school purposes?

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: touch screen toys

I used touch screen phones once. I cannot say much about the ipad but I will say this, touch screen phones are a huge pain and rarely worked the way I needed. If you got pencil thin fingers than you will probably be fine.

Newbie Kuniko is off to a good start Kuniko's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it depends on what you wanna do with it. same goes for touch screen phones :O. I've got on at the moment, and going trough my menu is easy, but I rather have my old phone when it comes to typing mssgs or emails. but you're not asking for phones gheghe

I've got a friend with a HP pavilion
    but he bought it because he thought it looks nice, he doesn't use the touchscreen that much.. wich is a waste of the touch screen

(sorry for bad english)

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Ipad is the same price as a regular laptop and it's really convient. I love touch screens because they are so much easier to operate. But I like regular laptops to. The smaller version of the Ipad is $599 (US) and the bigger version is $699 (US) It just depends on what size you want.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Thanks

I've never used a touch phone but they seem too small to be convenient to me anyways. But at the same time the ipad looks rather bulky for something like an ereader.

THat IS a waste of a touch pad. But the HP is the one I was considering getting. I like the hp better because I could use the keyboard and I know it'd be good for school.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoolivemonster View Post
    The Ipad is the same price as a regular laptop and it's really convient. I love touch screens because they are so much easier to operate. But I like regular laptops to. The smaller version of the Ipad is $599 (US) and the bigger version is $699 (US) It just depends on what size you want.
    FROM WHAT I've found te ipad is priced like a net-book, nto a laptop. The most expensive version of the ipad I found was 800. And I planned on spending about 1500 on a good laptop.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

well here in Indiana there are 2 sizes. 32 and 64, I think. they are pretty cheap. either that or our newspaper got it all wrong.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolivemonster View Post
    well here in Indiana there are 2 sizes. 32 and 64, I think. they are pretty cheap. either that or our newspaper got it all wrong.
    THey are pretty cheap. On the apple website there are three sizes with wifi capability and will soon be three sizes with 3G capability. The -most- expensive one, is one with 3G and it I thin was 799 on apples website. THey aren't expensive cheaper then a laptop. Right around the price of a good net-book

Thanks

I agree with you there. i really want one though.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

+ Reply to Thread