+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Train Man: Densha Otoko (Movie)

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Train Man: Densha Otoko (Movie)

For Foreign Romance movie-goers!

This movie is absolutely wonderful! It just goes to show how powerful love can
    take you. I rented this movie on netflix ^^ it was something new to me, the feature it has a lot of stuff going on..the agriculture/tech, urban areas, the society..pretty facinating i'll say. I think this movie would interest so many AO's. So I had to input a bit of what this movie gives & a lil paragraph below to give you brief story of what it is about

"While riding the train, a desperate geek meets the girl of his dreams, prompting the socially deprived but brave young nerd to start a chat room thread asking his faceless Internet compatriots, "How do you talk to girls?" The courtship advice he receives from his online pals -- and what he does with their expert counsel -- form the basis for this charming romantic comedy, a love story for the 21st century." -netflix

let me know when u checked it out & so forth AO'ers! Thanx

p.s i gotta add it made me cry! will it for u?

starades

http://www.myspace.com/starades

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Train Man: Densha Otoko (Movie)

Is that the same one with the beautiful Misaki Ito?

Because I know there are several versions of that show/movie etc.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw the drama version for my Japanese class. It's definately a must see for all otaku and anime fans (especially guys).

I haven't seen the movie; how different is it from the drama and manga version?

In the drama, Densha goes through alot of hardships and misunderstandings (and getting rid of stalkers, dealing with a psycho restaurant/bar owner who also likes Hermes, dealing with her little brother homg Keisuke's hot...ahem) before finally getting the girl to understand him, and you can tell Hermes has taken a liking to him from the start. And the drama also goes into the lives, if only or a bit, of the 2channelers' lives. And Densha has two best friends who are hilarious. AND HOMG OGURI SHUN PLAYS THE SILENT 2CHANNEL THREAD OWNER~~!! ...Sry.

In the manga, they barely have any misunderstandings at all, and Hermes seems more like a carefree high school girl rather than an office lady.
    関西は最高やねん

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Is that the same one with the beautiful Misaki Ito?

Because I know there are several versions of that show/movie etc.
    I'm really not sure if Misaki is in it,
    but here are the people that have starred &
    the director...

By the way, the movie length is:
    101 minutes!

The Director:
    Masanori Murakami

The Cast:
    Miki Nakatani Takayuki Yamada
    Ryoko Kuninaka Kuranosuke Sasaki
    Tae Kimura Yoshinori Okada
    Naomi Nishida Ren Osugi
    Hiroki Miyake Makoto Sakamoto
    Momoko Shimizu

As far as different versions, i had no idea on that at all! :O
    now i gotta check more on that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan View Post
    I saw the drama version for my Japanese class. It's definately a must see for all otaku and anime fans (especially guys).

I haven't seen the movie; how different is it from the drama and manga version?

In the drama, Densha goes through alot of hardships and misunderstandings (and getting rid of stalkers, dealing with a psycho restaurant/bar owner who also likes Hermes, dealing with her little brother homg Keisuke's hot...ahem) before finally getting the girl to understand him, and you can tell Hermes has taken a liking to him from the start. And the drama also goes into the lives, if only or a bit, of the 2channelers' lives. And Densha has two best friends who are hilarious. AND HOMG OGURI SHUN PLAYS THE SILENT 2CHANNEL THREAD OWNER~~!! ...Sry.

In the manga, they barely have any misunderstandings at all, and Hermes seems more like a carefree high school girl rather than an office lady.
    Wow there's manga & drama version to it as well??! is that one of the following 8 versions?

The movie simply takes the otaku main guy (train man) into series events with his dorky antics on trying to be a gentleman from the advices of his internet friends. Just so he can impress her (hermess) & tries in bravery to show interest.. Miss hermess finds this exciting yet interesting. then later things get pretty difficult & well..it goes from there...

Agreed, it is a must see for any otaku fans out there ^__^
    Cause in the features of the DVD, also it tells you how to type cool anime symbols & emoticons - its pretty cool!

here are examples: (-_-
    (-o-;
    (^_-
    (~_~
    (O.O
    (/--)/ Oh no!
    (/_/ Why?
    (?_?)
    (-)_(-) ET
    d=(^o^)=b yeah
    v(^o^) victory
    (^^)v
    (;_ cry and so

Note: if there's winking smiley faces on the side, its not part of it lol...AO site just auto'ed that on its own. t-hehehe!
    Last edited by Legend; Nov 27, 2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: ey watch out for double posting. next time use the M. Quote button.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Densha Otoko is everywhere; I would be surprised if there wasn't manga and dorama versions.

I'm pretty sure I remember there being a thread about this before a looong time ago.

Here is the translation site for the original 2channel board if you are curious as to where this originated from. It's kind of exciting to see exact quotes from the 2channel board being used in the Densha Otoko dorama.
    Project Densha - The 'Densha Otoko' Translation Project

Actually, they use "smileys" like these on actual Japanese BBS:
    _| ̄|○
    (´・ω・`)
    ヽ(`Д&#180
    (;゚∀゚)=3
    (((( ;゚д゚))) *shake* *shake*
    (;´Д`) *pant**pant*
    m(_ _)m

Try guessing what context these are used in =)
    Last edited by Sei-chan; Nov 29, 2007 at 08:15 PM.
    関西は最高やねん

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

I saw the movie version a while ago, but I recently watched the TV series and from what I remember...the tv version was a lot better. I can't really remember any major differences.

Watching Densha's mannerisms sometimes made me embarrassed just watching him lol. The constant studdering was like "Oh my god. Just say it." It almost seemed like the girl didn't notice or pay any mind to his constant nervous studdering.

Well I would definitely recommend this to any friend who is a hopeless romantic...or watches anime.

Also: Electric Light Orchestra - Twilight. That OP theme song is awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sei-chan View Post
    Actually, they use "smileys" like these on actual Japanese BBS:
    _| ̄|○
    (´・ω・`)
    ヽ(`Д&#180
    (;゚∀゚)=3
    (((( ;゚д゚))) *shake* *shake*
    (;´Д`) *pant**pant*
    m(_ _)m

Try guessing what context these are used in =)
    lol! oh yes that right! gosh..how did you get those symbols in place?!
    that first one is the train man kneeling down feeling low..i know thats for sure..
    The second is confusing but Omg! Is it someone crying?
    3rd could be someone frustrated and putting fists up in air?
    4th is someone sighing, puffin out air?
    The rest is apparent..but last one is someone hanging low, grabbing to something...hiding or ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaf View Post
    I saw the movie version a while ago, but I recently watched the TV series and from what I remember...the tv version was a lot better. I can't really remember any major differences.

Also: Electric Light Orchestra - Twilight. That OP theme song is awesome.
    I agree the t.v. version can make you quite anxious.. its cool when one can anticipate the next EP, like "I can't wait! what will happen next?" ...

Your right! It's a sweet OP theme! Electric Light Orchestra - Twilight
    Last edited by Starspirit; Nov 29, 2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: adding in what i missed, an url link to the OP theme

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaf View Post

Watching Densha's mannerisms sometimes made me embarrassed just watching him lol. The constant studdering was like "Oh my god. Just say it." It almost seemed like the girl didn't notice or pay any mind to his constant nervous studdering.
    Lol I had to reenact a few of the scenes from the dorama for my Japanese class, and it was so hard getting Densha's stuttering down.

But as the dorama progresses, his stuttering disappears and he is able to have a full and confident conversation on the phone with Hermes =)!

Really no differences? Did they delve into the lives of his fellow board posters? Were his two best friends there? (btw, I don't know why, but I found the turtle gag in the drama amusing). Were Hermes' two best friends and her little brother there? I know they were missing in the manga.
    関西は最高やねん

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast