+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trivium

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Trivium

alright this topic has been bugging the tarnation out of me. Trivium has become a new landmark in metal and their name is getting more reputation every day. they first became known greatness with their album "Ascendancy." if anyone has listened to the album it is aggressive speed thrash metal with the ability to make your ears explode. and to think these guys are between the ages of 19-24. unfortunately i can't say the same for their new record "The Crusade." their first was original and destructive. their newest is an attempt to become old school metal. i.e. metallica, megadeth, anthrax, etc. i have nothing wrong with either of the bands listed, but the fact Trivium went from original to wannabe old school, is horrible. it's like the rolling stones trying to make a new record. i dunno how many ppl have actually listened to Trivium, but for anyone who wants to experience the difference between albums, u can preview every song here:
    Last edited by SasuraiHell; Nov 01, 2006 at 05:12 PM. Reason: no mp3 downloadn

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Trivium

As a person who has herd of them. They are pretty awsome, people ask
    "what ever happened to the art of solos?", well now its back, mixed in with modern (the screamo and new age), and old school riffs and solos,
    I actually think its about time a band has incorporated so damn skills in thier music.

bands now a days have huge influences by old bands, but show no skill what so ever, its all boring and the same generic riff formula.

Trivium is one of the band i like because of the skill the bring back from the old days. AND its been said my Kirk Hamelet and James Hetfield that Trivium was pretty awsome.

but meh, i like em

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

While it is true that Trivium's latest effort sounds a lot more like Metallica than their usual stuff I don't really mind. I love metal but I hate grunting/pointless screaming so they actually became better for me.

I do understand your point though, it's important for a band to develop their own sound and Trivium looked like they had it cemented down on their previous album... Oh well.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

Trivium is an awesome band and I pretty much like all the music they have currently produced. I must agree though, I like the metalica style Trivium however I think its still a new band perhaps their experimenting music styles to see which suits them best? Perhaps. Jan

Newbie kuro_shiro may be famous one day kuro_shiro may be famous one day
    Thanks

trivium's too wannabe. pointless screaming that seems like they're desperately trying to be old school.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_shiro View Post
    trivium's too wannabe. pointless screaming that seems like they're desperately trying to be old school.
    see i totally agree with that. considering that's how the new album sounds. Ascendancy on the other hand is a masterpiece that is still underrated to the day. it's a step up in heavy metal and it's fast-paced aggression from beginning to end. end of story.

+ Reply to Thread