+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: true gamers

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: true gamers

I'm a huge gamer myself. Have all my old consoles still. Emulate games I can't find. Play Guild Wars, have a PSP, got myself a Wii, lan Unreal Tournament almost everyday, go to a lot of Halo parties, and mod morrowind. I would say that i hit in the nerd category. I don't think that I'm a true gamers and nobody else is. I don't think that having all the stuff or being a hardcore PC gamer is what makes you a true gamer.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    I'm a huge gamer myself. Have all my old consoles still. Emulate games I can't find. Play Guild Wars, have a PSP, got myself a Wii, lan Unreal Tournament almost everyday, go to a lot of Halo parties, and mod morrowind. I would say that i hit in the nerd category. I don't think that I'm a true gamers and nobody else is. I don't think that having all the stuff or being a hardcore PC gamer is what makes you a true gamer.

Agreed.
    I can call myself a true gamer though i don't play lan that much (because every time i play network games i kill my opponents in many strategy games -_-||) and they bored challenging me ... so my identification would be just like Billum's ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

farmer - one who farms
    builder - one who builds
    speaker - one who speaks
    gamer - one who games

hence the terms: casual gamer, non-gamer, rpg gamer, etc...

there are all kinds of gamers.

Generally speaking: if you enjoy games and play them, you're a gamer in my book.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tsurara For This Useful Post:

AngelMage (Feb 03, 2008), LichGRIFFIN (Jan 26, 2008), Redragon495 (Feb 27, 2008)

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

This time last year, I would have been classified a gamer, a little way above "weekend Warrior". Battlefield 2142 was my preferred warzone. But then I got a computer virus which kept coming back, then I was forced to reinstall Windows & my computer hasn't been the same since ;(

You could say I racked up some time on BF2142. Does that make me a serious gamer?

I haven't been able to play since about half way since 2007, when my anti-virus failed & I got the virus which started the whole thing. I'd play now I have new Antivirus, but my computer can't handle it at the moment.

At least when I finish this computer assembly course I'm doing, I'm going overseas to a shopping centre literally set up as a floor for CPUs, another for motherboards, another for video cards. Then I'll build myself a decient gaming computer...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

as you've eluded to, it sounds like your friend is an asshat.

no need to quibble over being a "true gamer" if you play games, enjoy them thoroughly, own a few here and there, look forward to new releases, etc. then you're a gamer regardless of what medium or genre, end of discussion.

if anything you should mock your friend for letting his gaming habit define his life.
    Last edited by Evol; Jan 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    TOTALLY agree all the way.

Come now, you're forgetting the crazy DnD parties, where everyone gets together for an amazing game of DnD, and 3 day tournament of Warhmmar (Fantasy AND 40K). But nothing wrong with being a nerd. If I came close to ANY sterotypical label of Society, it would be nerd. Why have a life with society, when you can have a life in your world?
    Good lookin' out, I totally forgot about the D&D parties, LOL.

You're right though, there's nothing wrong with bein' a nerd. I can't hate. I'm kind of a nerd at certain points in time. I can embrace my dorkiness. Someone told me a while back, "Nerd is a six figure word," and there's some truth in it too. Bill Gates, Geek Squad, most IT professionals; they make some pretty good loot! And I'm sure it goes toward their PC gaming swag.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

See i think if you play games and truly like them that you are a gamer. I play many difernt types of games. I would say I'm a true gamer but thats not true becasue people who say they are true gamers are the ones that cant play them that good or are ok at them. I go to many lan partys for halo 2 and 3 but most are not good. That doesnt matter as long as you have fun playing, becasue come isnt that what playing games are all about? having fun playing. People who say your not a gamer have no right to talk. For if you like or love playing games you are a gamer to me. As long as you belive you are a gamer then you are.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Newbie shatterednight is off to a good start shatterednight's Avatar
    Thanks

lol gotta say that im a nerd, but nerds will rule the world! muwahaha~
    ^^ all i gotta say is i agree with all of you guys, and also if your a gamer, game on~ if ur one of those elitest bastards that think ur stats is who u and that ur the best cause of that, then get a life, go out see the light of the sun...it wont kill u i promise, if ur pale and pasty then put some sunscreen on.
    and as a gamer girl i can tell you this: girls dont mind gamer guys, as long as that guy knows how to talk about something else besides the best way to beat a boss of a certian level, or how to rack up enough points to be at the top. lol

~GAME ON ALL MY GAMER FRIENDS!~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast