+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: true gamers

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: true gamers

i agree with what tsurara just said...

i don't actually agree with the "true" in true gamer...it's just "hardcore-than-thou" statement, i take the true more literally...

i play a lot, from consoles to handhelds to WoW to D&D...no matter how dated your games are, no matter how jurassic your consoles are, no matter how many games you've finished 100%, whether you cheat or not...you're a gamer...you don't need to be hardcore to be called true enough....we're all gamers out here...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

myself i consider myself a gamer becuase i have played over 63 rpgs for play station
    ,nes snes n64 and so on and i have beat them all with out a walk throiugh yeah i
    used them for after i beat the game to get things i missed.

my favorite game was ff7 and i have yet to obsess over another game before
    that that mmom and those other fancy words dont mean anyhting to me
    heck where i live they dont have partys for anything,but for me a gamer is somone
    who can play a game and take something from it and compare ii to other games.

you have to have game standerds and i put all the games i play
    up to the standerd of ff7
    Last edited by HolderOfTheDarkChalice; Jan 26, 2008 at 08:05 AM.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mechataku View Post
    what defines a true gamer? how involved in video games do you have to be to be a true gamer? i've never been to a lan party, i've been to 2, maybe 3 halo parties my entire life, i never play games online, and i play mostly console games. my friend says im no gamer. he knows his IP by heart, goes to lan parties on a frequent basis, and has played almost every PC game online endlessly. he doesn't even count console games as true games(like i said, he's a bit of an idiot). i consider myself a gamer. a serious gamer even, even though i don't like playing online, and even when i do play online games i solo whenever possible.
    Wow, for a second I thought I had gone back a decade or two to when there were Console Gamers, PC Gamers, Pencil & Paper Gamers, and Table Top Gamers and never the two (four?) would meet. They all considered themselves the only true gamers and everyone else just had a silly hobby. I am so glad that now just about everyone I know "cross-platforms", life is so much more interesting that way.

A real gamer? Anyone who has taken a half an hour (or more) to try and convince someone else that whatever it is they do play isn't just some "childish game of make believe"

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

I for one think i'm a gamer. That might shock some people cause i'm a girl, but i just like to play video games. I've watched my brother and sister play since i was little and have wanted to play too. I wouldn't say i ama true gamer, but at least i play tons of different games. RPGs, fighting, sports, stagity(however you spell that dang word)pc , and many more. I have love games since i was little. I realy don't know what makes a true gamer. I think that you just have to like video games. Doesn't matter what kind.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Newbie galganash may be famous one day galganash may be famous one day
    Thanks

i also a gamer.....with this kind of stuff im game adict...
    oppsss....wrong word.. lets just say we are in loved this kind of treand..
    with this a feel im in other time and placed.
    its our gate pass of our bordamm and escape of our problems in the real worl..
    its may help sometimes but we should be back at the reality to became what we want to be...
    sad to say only in games we enjoy without hurting our self.....

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like what tsurara said, its the type of consle you play the most. If your a person who plays different console alot does this make you a true gamer. Does playing a gameboy advance or a playstation or a xbox only and all the time make u a true gamer.
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Noticing a few females standing up & taking up the title of Gamer. Good to see. Heck, If I get this thing gaming again & then get my new one, my sister will become my sniping backup in BF2142. It doesn't matter what gender you are, your a Gamer if you love playing games for entertainment. Consoles Gamer, PC Gamer, Board Gamer, Tabletop Gamer, as long as you in it for the fun, then it's cool.

Those guys who play purely to win though, they slip away from the title of Gamer to me. That's when you're in danger of becoming an A$$hole Elitest. Games are designed so people can have fun. I get blown away on BF2142 pretty often, but I still enjoy it. My Blood Angel successors & Tau occasionally end up as nothing than a speed bump, but it's just a game. I've met & played a few A$$hole Elitests, even learnt how to play 40K against one with my Marines, & it's never fun their playing for. Mind you, their attitude does make each victory all that much more sweeter...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Noticing a few females standing up & taking up the title of Gamer. Good to see. Heck, If I get this thing gaming again & then get my new one, my sister will become my sniping backup in BF2142. It doesn't matter what gender you are, your a Gamer if you love playing games for entertainment. Consoles Gamer, PC Gamer, Board Gamer, Tabletop Gamer, as long as you in it for the fun, then it's cool.

Those guys who play purely to win though, they slip away from the title of Gamer to me. That's when you're in danger of becoming an A$$hole Elitest. Games are designed so people can have fun. I get blown away on BF2142 pretty often, but I still enjoy it. My Blood Angel successors & Tau occasionally end up as nothing than a speed bump, but it's just a game. I've met & played a few A$$hole Elitests, even learnt how to play 40K against one with my Marines, & it's never fun their playing for. Mind you, their attitude does make each victory all that much more sweeter...

i kinda have to disagree here ... i play for victory and i'm having fun with it .. i feel very relieved while winning on others (i feel guilty many times though) but that doesn't make me unworthy to be called a gamer ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast