+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: true gamers

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: true gamers

well i think someone who plays "all" kinds of games, including xbox, playstation, ds, pc, etc. and are good at most if not all those systems. Also must includ games like guitar hero and DDR.

Also excell on live game play as well

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I've always disliked the term "true gamer". Really, if one plays games, they are technically a gamer. I don't think it's a matter of skill, or time clocked per week, or anything. I suppose it could be argued that people who spent lots of time and money on it are more serious about the hobby, and can be considered "hardcore", or whatever. As long as it isn't used as a derrogatory word against casual games, it really doesn't matter to me.

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    farmer - one who farms
    builder - one who builds
    speaker - one who speaks
    gamer - one who games

hence the terms: casual gamer, non-gamer, rpg gamer, etc...

there are all kinds of gamers.

Generally speaking: if you enjoy games and play them, you're a gamer in my book.
    Yup I completely agree,By the way,I'd be more an RPG gamer then just someone who plays any games since I really like how the stories are told in them and I really like it when a character has a funny personality that fits with the story.-^_^-

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Ok there is no need to be a true gamer, go get a life how about.
    I admit, i play games, but i still have a life and I work a bit on the side, there is just no need to do constant video gaming. It brings you no where in life.

In any case, anyone who games, could indeed be called a gamer...but I really don't know how to describe TRUE gamer, other than one who has no friends, no life, no job, and no girlfriend.

Thanks

there is just no need to do constant video gaming. It brings you no where in life.
    It trains your reflexes!
    And it can also train your brain...in minutes a day.

And then there's Wii Fit. Oh, what a strange creature that will be...

no life, no job, and no girlfriend.
    The life of the true gamer sounds surprisingly awesome.

Newbie shatterednight is off to a good start shatterednight's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Re: true gamers

...but I really don't know how to describe TRUE gamer, other than one who has no friends, no life, no job, and no girlfriend.
    ok i happen to disagree with that statement fully. i am married, having a kid, and work, but im a gamer. just because u play games (be it online or on a console) does not mean u dont have a life. now i do have to admit i know a couple "geeks" that have no life cause they rather gather in there basement and play D&D or Magic the gathering or something like that, than go out and mingle with others. but that doesnt mean to group the rest of us that play games but have a life with that group of people.

Thanks

now i do have to admit i know a couple "geeks" that have no life cause they rather gather in there basement and play D&D or Magic the gathering or something like that, than go out and mingle with others. but that doesnt mean to group the rest of us that play games but have a life with that group of people.
    D&D requires a solid 4-6 players, I'd classify that as mingling with others, a fair amount of others actually. Tis quite the social event. And the basement just happens to be an excellent location, its low on noise and other wordly distractions. Its very helpful for getting immersed in Magic Missile-ing the darkness. Tis mostly the same deal with MtG, except it requires less people, of course.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I'd have to say being a "true gamer" is when someone generally follows a series of games from start to finish, playing each along the way.
    I wouldn't really call going to parties and getting posters etc etc really a truue gamer it almost sounds more like a fanboy if you were to ask me.
    Also being able to name everything like items maps characters etc would rather go into a "geek" category unless it's really actual valuable clues or something.

so basically my answer is someone who is faithful to a game, yet doesn't "worship" them so to speak.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast