+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TV on the Radio

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

TV on the Radio

This band is my new obsession. Their use of vocals and instrument are just unique. Has anyone heard their latest single, Wolf Like Me? They have a good range of music and Mr. Grieves and Staring At the Sun are my favorite songs.

So, have you heard of them? Do you enjoy their music? What do you like about them?
    Seduced by Flesh

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: TV on the Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai View Post
    So, have you heard of them? Do you enjoy their music? What do you like about them?
    i have herd of TV on the Radio and my fav album from them is 'Young Liars' and for people that dont know who they are, they are a New York City avant-garde indie-rock band formed in 2001 whose music spans genres as diverse as free jazz, a cappella/doo-wop, trip-hop and electro. The group has released several EPs including their debut Young Liars (2003), and two acclaimed albums. Their most recent, Return to Cookie Mountain (2006), received wider notice and appeared at the top of several end-of-year lists.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: TV on the Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai View Post

I have never heard of them. Iam not a rock fan. And I have never heard their music.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    i have herd of TV on the Radio and my fav album from them is 'Young Liars' and for people that dont know who they are, they are a New York City avant-garde indie-rock band formed in 2001 whose music spans genres as diverse as free jazz, a cappella/doo-wop, trip-hop and electro. The group has released several EPs including their debut Young Liars (2003), and two acclaimed albums. Their most recent, Return to Cookie Mountain (2006), received wider notice and appeared at the top of several end-of-year lists.

yea i dont know who they are to but like if they made an album with jazz then im in! looks cool i'll download one of thier songs

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I have never heard of them. Iam not a rock fan. And I have never heard their music.
    well you should try reading about them. The first album from TV on the Radio (initially just founding members Adebimpe and Sitek) was the self-released OK Calculator (the title being a reference to Radiohead's seminal album OK Computer), the majority of which is wildly different from their later sound, with elements of electronica, hip hop and turntablism. Later they were joined by Kyp Malone and released the Young Liars EP in 2003 to great critical acclaim. This was followed by their full-length debut, Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes which earned the band the 2004 Shortlist Music Prize. They released a second EP, New Health Rock, later in 2004. Their most recent album, Return to Cookie Mountain, leaked in early 2006 and garnered pre-release praise from such outlets as Pitchfork Media[1] before its official release in July overseas. U.S. and Canadian audiences had to wait until September for an official release, on major label Interscope.

Image Release date Title Label
    2002 OK Calculator self-released
    July 8, 2003 Young Liars (EP) Touch and Go Records
    March 9, 2004 Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes Touch and Go Records
    October 12, 2004 New Health Rock (EP) Touch and Go Records
    July 6, 2006 Return to Cookie Mountain Interscope Records

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread