Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Twilight

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    yeah....most don't even look like a supermodel. man, if were a vampire in twilight, i'll pose every time. heck even them werewolves are models.
    LOL, because mutating into a f**king monster is so damn attractive.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

In a love story, it makes sense that they sparkle! lol My friend at work, was just talking about that yesterday, she hates Stephine Meyer because of the whole sparkle thing, and my friend at work actually write vampire books too.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    In a love story, it makes sense that they sparkle! lol My friend at work, was just talking about that yesterday, she hates Stephine Meyer because of the whole sparkle thing, and my friend at work actually write vampire books too.
    Dracula's a love story too. He doesn't have to sparkle. He can control wolves. Thats way more vampiric, and frankly badass.

Newbie AlexisL is off to a good start AlexisL's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey everybody, sorry to butt in, but I read the entire thread and, well, I felt like I had to say something. First of all, in my oppinion, Edward doesn't sparkle by being a vampire...it's the sole ideea of mistery, ancient and forbidden mixed up in something that resembles humanity that's attractive. It's like Stephenie wanted not only to link reality with fantasy but to make it imposible to break. SHe needed something that inspired power, inteligence and imortality since Edward "lives" in the modern era but talks like they did in the Reinassance, acts like a pure bred gentleman and is also very educated (hence his hundreds of years of studying). And a vampire is the most economic, less montruous mistical being that ever existed.
    And second, since refferind to Dracula (hopefully you're thinking of Bram Stocker's book)...of course he doesn't sparkle! It's not his love story that needs highlighting. What he feels for Mina is more of a lustfull passion for the one he had met ages before, he hold no feelings for her, only of remorse and regret. The true love that sparkles in this novel is the one between Mina and her fiancee. Although, I read the books and saw the movie, I do agree that Edward is the most unrealistic vampire I ever read about and that is what makes him more attractive. But let me ask you guys one thing: if unrealistic the word you used to describe Sephenie's character then what is a real vampire like? Not in your oppinion or from your imagination...how is the REAL thing? Anybody?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    LOL, because mutating into a f**king monster is so damn attractive.
    oh yeah...most of them are shirtless....hmmmm...pose, shirtless and sparkle. i see a pattern here.
    "hi...i'm a vampire." goes shirtless...pose, then sparkle.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisL View Post
    And a vampire is the most economic, less montruous mistical being that ever existed.
    Then you really do not know about the old, old, old, OLD school Vampires, before Dracula and the like. These are the "REAL" Vamper monsters, and they did not resemble anything atractive or sexy nore were they sophistocated in the least.

Here are some old school mythology on the "REAL" blood suckers...

1: Vampires could not cross moveing water such as a river or a stream.

2: Vampires were not effected by crosses, that was added in later by the christians, garlic was the only way to detect/ward them off .

3: Vampires could only enter a building if invited.

4: Vampires could take the apearance of any of their victoms, having garlic around made them revert to their true form.

5: Vampires true forme was ugly as hell as it was basicly a dried up decaying corps with large fangs.

6: Vampires could not fly or change into bats, but they could run fast and were very strong but not super human but could climb up walls like spider man.

7: They did not sparkle or have glitter on them.

8: The consept of Dracula and Nosforato was brought about with Vlad Dracula (Dracula was actually a nobal name in Romania which translats to Dragon) He was later called a Vampire do to him impailing his enemies on long wooden spikes and would actually eat his meals next to or in the middle of the impailed which later people believed he was a cannabal and thus a Vampire.

The oldest Vampire mythology dates back to ancient Greece. Now there were mythes about Vampires all over the world, but not all of them drank blood, some devowered souls, in Chinies myths the Vampire fed upon a persons Chi and was blind. But in almost all of these myths, the Vampire was a corps with large fangs and was ugly. Needless to say they were evil bad ass monsters that have been turned into a tame water downed teen girls fanticy play thing.
    A real shame.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisL View Post
    Hey everybody, sorry to butt in, but I read the entire thread and, well, I felt like I had to say something. First of all, in my oppinion, Edward doesn't sparkle by being a vampire...it's the sole ideea of mistery, ancient and forbidden mixed up in something that resembles humanity that's attractive. It's like Stephenie wanted not only to link reality with fantasy but to make it imposible to break. SHe needed something that inspired power, inteligence and imortality since Edward "lives" in the modern era but talks like they did in the Reinassance, acts like a pure bred gentleman and is also very educated (hence his hundreds of years of studying). And a vampire is the most economic, less montruous mistical being that ever existed.
    And second, since refferind to Dracula (hopefully you're thinking of Bram Stocker's book)...of course he doesn't sparkle! It's not his love story that needs highlighting. What he feels for Mina is more of a lustfull passion for the one he had met ages before, he hold no feelings for her, only of remorse and regret. The true love that sparkles in this novel is the one between Mina and her fiancee. Although, I read the books and saw the movie, I do agree that Edward is the most unrealistic vampire I ever read about and that is what makes him more attractive. But let me ask you guys one thing: if unrealistic the word you used to describe Sephenie's character then what is a real vampire like? Not in your oppinion or from your imagination...how is the REAL thing? Anybody?
    1. "he hold no feelings for her, only of remorse and regret."
    Are you f**king kidding me? Depending on which interpretation, that passion isn't the bloodlust or sexual lust. She would be DEAD. duh. It's LOVE. its passionate love.

2. As for the entire question what's a real vampire like. A vampire is a murderer. Look up Erzebeth Bathory or Bela Kiss. Killing hundreds of people, bathing in their blood, drinking it, excommunication from the church, demon spawn, bisexual, sexually demeted demonic monsters.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

The only point I was trying to make was that, this was a love story geared towards women, written by a woman. Girls like things that sparkle and are pretty, so wallah! In turn may not be your typical vampire like all the other vampire movies of all time (which btw I love Dracula Dead and Loving it!) anyways all the small little rules/myths about vampires always get changed or twisted around depending on what you watch just to keep the idea fresh an new.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast