+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Twilight is starting to piss me off

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Twilight is starting to piss me off

Agreed.

Here's my main problem with Twilight:

It's boring. the writing is bland. and do not deny that. i skipped chapters on the first reading and didn't miss crap. then i reread and felt i wasted my time going back. here's an Anne Rice Excerpt:
    And this notion of the meaninglessness of our lives here began to enflame us.
    I took up the theme again that music and acting were good because they drove back chaos. Chaos was the meaninglessness of day-to-day life, and if we were to die now, our lives would have been nothing but meaninglessness. In fact, it came to me that my mother dying soon was meaningless and I confided in Nicolas what she had said. 'I'm perfectly horrified. I'm afraid of it.'
    Well, if there had been a Golden Moment in the room it was gone now. And something different started to happen.
    I should call it the Dark Moment, but it was still high-pitched and full of eerie light. We were talking rapidly, cursing this meaninglessness, and when Nicolas at last sat down and put his head in his hands, I took some glamorous and hearty swigs of wine and went to pacing and gesturing as he had done before.
    I realized aloud in the midst of saying it that even when we die we probably don't find out the answer as to why were we ever alive. Even the avowed atheist probably thinks than in death he'll get some answer. I mean God will be there, or there won't be anything at all.
    'But that's just it,' I said, 'we don't make any discovery at that moment! We merely stop! We pass into nonexistence without ever knowing a thing.' I saw the universe, a vision of the sun, the planets, the stars, black night going on forever. And I began to laugh.
    'Do you realise that! We'll never know why the hell any of it happened, not even when it's over!' I shouted at Nicolas, who was sitting back on the bed, nodding and drinking his wine out of a flagon. 'We're going to die and not even know. We'll never know, and all this meaninglessness will just go on and on and on. And we won't any longer be witnesses to it. We won't have even that little bit of power to give meaning to it in our minds. We'll just be gone, dead, dead, dead, without ever knowing!'
    Here is Stephanie Meyer:
    Forks High School had a frightening total of only three hundred and fifty-seven - now fifty-eight - students; there were more than seven hundred people in my junior class alone back home. All of the kids here had grown up together-their grandparents had been toddlers together. I would be the new girl from the big city, a curiosity, a freak.

Maybe, if I looked like a girl from Phoenix should, I could work this to my advantage. But physically, I'd never fit in anywhere. I should be tan, sporty, blond - a volleyball player, or a cheerleader, perhaps - all the things that go with living in the valley of the sun.
    Bland bland bland.(even the names in Twilight are Bland. Edward, Alice, Bella. how about Lestat, Armand, or Michael.)

oh and by the way, how many times can Edward smile 'sexily, yet darkly'.

my second problem is that blatantly put the vampires dont have balls.
    If i was a vampire, i found out that a savage vampire(James), was messing with my girl she would never have to run away to defend me. i'm the F***king vampire, i will tear his ass to shreds.
    but no.
    Last edited by EmoNightmareRose; Mar 23, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

nightboyz (Mar 25, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend who I call K2 because we have the same name, his sister has the book and she is one of these twilight fan-natics.
    I personely like Wear wolves more but I do like the old school Vampire stories, the kind before they were turned into sexy desirables and were where of what they really were when they were first thought of which were basicly fast moving dried corpses that fed on the blood of the living with large fangs and do not look sexy in the least.
    Any ways, I found the book that was in the kitchen when I was at K2's because I was there to get our modom back. Any way I picked up the book, read the first few pages. I basicly figured who whole damn searis out from just reading a few pages and even then they were bland and boring. I through up my hands and said "Done" grabbed the modom and walked out the door.
    Fast forward to present day and all you see are these Twilight posters and tones of girls drooling over this monstrosity of a monster. It is very annoying. I remember going to the book store getting the speciel Dead Space comic addition which has all 6 comics in it and as I was waiting in line there must have been eight highly peppy squeeling teen girls going nuts. One of them asked if I was going to get it. Of cores I said no and that if I was going to read a monster stories that I want the monster to really act like a god damn monster. Aparently the fact that Vampires were a type of monster completely eluded this girl. I guess when she tried to put Vampire + Monster together she got an errer reading does not compute in her brain as she got mad at me for comparing a Vampire to a Monster like they were seperat things.

VAMPIRES ARE A TYPE OF MONSTER YOU IDGETS!!
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

EmoNightmareRose (Mar 23, 2009)

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    okay, look.
    this is me. i picked up twilight a few years ago. i read it in two weeks. i was unimpressed. i'm not just saying that. my other favorite authors include Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, etc, and i absolutely love vampires. and i was bored. seriously bored. and please dont give me the 'well,it was written for girls, of course you wouldn't like it', i love romances.
    so before picking up twilight i figured, a teen vampire romance, how could i go wrong?
    then a the next year i find the movie. i got to see it in theaters. omfg.
    i didnt think it could get worse. but it did.
    and Robert Pattinson? c'mon. Kristin steward what did they do to you?

anyway. so here i am a few months later. after last weeks venture to Hot Topic to find a group of 12 year old fangirls squealing, buying twilight shirts and then some body glitter(yes, because the vampires in twilight f***ing sparkle).
    Last night i go to Walmart to buy a magazine and a drink. i end up waiting in line for over an hour. then i see a line go out the door, and around the corner. then i see that all these people are waiting in line to buy a dvd of twilight at midnight. there are no checkers because they are all crowd control.

i would honestly understand if it was something to be making a fuss about. but this was such the generic vampire story. and after those hundreds of pages there was almost no progression in the story. i just...i just dont see what the fuss is.
    whats happened to vampires? because stephanie meyer butchered and raped their image.
    The Lost Boys, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, The Vampire Lestat, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Fright Night, hell, even Vampire Knight and Underworld are really good.
    but...Twilight? soo..predictable. it felt as though written for 12 year olds. no good imagery, symbolisms, nothing. Edward..felt dead. i honestly thought he was the most boring vampire ever. and the entire 'apple' crap does not count. look at the opening of 'Bram Stokers Dracula' (Francis Ford Coppola). The angel statues bleeding, the intensity, everything. Vampire are not 'lovers'. they are traditionally demonic creatures, and thats how i like 'em. if you write a love story, you better make it good.

just for understanding, this isnt blatantly a hate or list thread, so everyone post why they agree or disagree.
    I disagree. You said you read one book of the 4 books. So if that's true, your opinion doesn't give the entire story a chance. For me its about a sad excuse for a girl who meets the dangerous guy that just happens to be a vampire. A little butter on the bread. As the story progesses it gets more interesting. Adding shape shifters and the lives before vampires stories. Since the story is so far fetched and original in means to reinventing these "demonic" creatures. I think it's great. Women get it because its "forbidden" and its far more compelling then a regular rebel without a cause book.
    Succubus/Incubus, i wouldn't call it a lover, but look it up if you aren't aware of the term.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i understand what you are saying. but the reason i didn't read the rest is because they were soo bland. i admit she had some okay ideas, but she screwed them up by making the books boring. As shown below, Anne Rice is rich with detail, sybolism, etc. Say what you will, but there is limited imagery in Twilight.
    and are you saying because i'm a dude i can't get it? talk about forbidden love. have you seen Bram Stoker's Dracula?
    and i gave the first book a chance. i even read half of new moon. and some of the others. it was just...bleh....

Bella's love for Edward is more depicted as teenage infatuation. In Bram Stoker's Dracula, their love is Eternally forbidden and everlasting.

and i am aware of the term, i love vampire stories. Dracula, Lestat, and the vampires from the Lost boys are dangerous. compared to them, Edward is not.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    i understand what you are saying. but the reason i didn't read the rest is because they were soo bland. i admit she had some okay ideas, but she screwed them up by making the books boring. As shown below, Anne Rice is rich with detail, sybolism, etc. Say what you will, but there is limited imagery in Twilight.
    and are you saying because i'm a dude i can't get it? talk about forbidden love. have you seen Bram Stoker's Dracula?
    and i gave the first book a chance. i even read half of new moon. and some of the others. it was just...bleh....

Bella's love for Edward is more depicted as teenage infatuation. In Bram Stoker's Dracula, their love is Eternally forbidden and everlasting.

and i am aware of the term, i love vampire stories. Dracula, Lestat, and the vampires from the Lost boys are dangerous. compared to them, Edward is not.
    I haven't read Bram Stoker's Dracula through and through, as well as the other books. I am aware of the amazing imagery, and am impressed. I have watched the movies also(which are never as good as the books). I know all the types of stories of vampires etc etc.
    But just because those are so great. It doesn't mean that anything less compared to those standards is crap. That's like saying Joseph Stalin was a terrible ruler, and George W. Bush ain't got crap on him. To the people of the time it doesn't matter what had came before. It matters what is now. And i liked the saga for the simplicity that it was and its originality of not following the trend of vampire books before it.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to make a confession here: I've read all the books and seen the movie. I liked them. Yes, I used the term "liked". I think they are good books, and the movie was better than I expected, but they are certainly not the golden wrapped gift from God that everyone makes them out to be.

Bottom line: The Twilight series isn't bad, it's dramatically overhyped.
    Why hello there!

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

After reading most of the comment here I have to agree with both sides. To a point I was obessed with the Twilight series. More for the story than the other stuff. I mean seriosuly how long can this go on?? Think of the years to come when the other books are mad into movies. Kinda reminds me of the Harry Potter series. They just have to keep going (I'm not saying I hate the Harry Potter series just saying...).

Anyway, after rereading the book I have to say that they're as great as I thought they were. In some pointsd of the story you knew what was going to happen and there was really no drama or what else(Okay there was but its the same old same). What I hate is how people were like "I hate the second book. Eward isn't in there." God how obessed can you be over this. He isn't even that great. Seriously dude. I was glad in the second book that Jacob got more time than Edward.

Another thing. I am going to say this now (and hopefully I wont be killed....-.-) I don't like Edward. At all. There are somethings he says that I do in fact like and laugh at but overall I don't like him all that much....

There done. My opinion....(even if it was a ramble and kinda confusing)

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

Personally, I'm sure this series is not as bad as some people, not talking about people here, might make it appear. I heard from some friends of mine that the book should really be a enjoyable read. Although I'm not especially interested into vampire books, except for Dracula, I'm sure that the book's just alright.
    About the film, well, I see it very similar to the Harry Potter movies. I actually don't like any of them and favor the written version by far.
    I guess it is the same with Twilight. So I agree with Renn on that point.
    Anyway, as a matter of principle, I don't like these kind of hyped things. That's it.
    And by the way: Edward Cullen is uggggggly!
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast