+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Twilight is starting to piss me off

Otaku Dasike may be famous one day Dasike may be famous one day Dasike's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Twilight is starting to piss me off

Ok so from what I've read you guys don't like it cause it's not full of general vampires. Some of you hate it because it puts a human face on things and because it gives girls crazy standards (I agree with this kinda, but if she loves you whats the problem). I like Twilight for what it is, a teen romance novel which is very well done. If YOU WANT proper vampires, you have Anne rice, you got Stoker. If you want pure screwed up vampire books, read vampire wars.
    Let Stephanie meyer have her cake and eat it. We let Rowling and her stuff bout little wizards.
    And emo if these kids are pissing you off? Ignore them for f**k sake, or show them Anne Rice and go "well this is one step up from Edward and Bella"
    Rather than hating, learn to look beyond it and use it to expand more readers of other vampire books.
    And Renn I agree thank god Jacob got a lot of love in New moon because I hated him in Twilight and by new moon loved him, he was a damn fun character.
    I got no idea what to say

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not saying i want the vampires i've already seen. we wouldn't get anywhere with that. The main points i am making when bringing up Anne Rice, is that i wish the quality of writing was good. they are ok books, i'll give you that. i never hated the books, they just were not my taste.
    but with the rising popularity of the movie, the merchandise, and all these little kids thinking that this is what vampires are like, that is what bugs me. and quite honestly, the writing of Twilight is.. let's say, easier, to read. therefore it has brought much more fans to its domain.
    anywho, the main point i'm trying to make, is i have no problem with a vampire love story. actually, the reason i first picked it up is because it was a love story for a change. i just wish she would've depicted it a little better. like i said, how many times can edward 'smile darkly', or 'look beautiful, but dark".

i wouldn't be pissed at the series if it fully deserved the attention it got. if it was written well, interesting, and if she took it up a notch i would probably like it.
    Dasike: in the my story i depicted in my first post, it was kind of hard to ignore anyone.Especially the squealing fangirls.

sadly, the vampire thing has gotten way overrated. there are so many stories for teens out there. the cool thing about Anne Rice is that she didn't write it for kids. Because they are vampires for Christs Sake.
    Unrelated: i miss vampire stories where they had fun..not hate themselves for being a vampire, but be happy in eternal life. (Fright Night, The Lost boys.)

(by the way, if you haven't seen Bram Stoker's Dracula, read Anne Rice, read Bram Stoker, and seen some more of classic vampires, dont argue. because you haven't seen the other side of the spectrum).
    Last edited by EmoNightmareRose; Mar 24, 2009 at 07:19 PM.

Newbie ookami is off to a good start ookami's Avatar
    Thanks

I compltly agree with what your saying it was a boring book and fother more i dont understand how it started such a fuss over one dull story line well it seems like a good story is going to be a hard find sence twilight was such a hit

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    I am not saying i want the vampires i've already seen. we wouldn't get anywhere with that. The main points i am making when bringing up Anne Rice, is that i wish the quality of writing was good. they are ok books, i'll give you that. i never hated the books, they just were not my taste.
    but with the rising popularity of the movie, the merchandise, and all these little kids thinking that this is what vampires are like, that is what bugs me. and quite honestly, the writing of Twilight is.. let's say, easier, to read. therefore it has brought much more fans to its domain.
    anywho, the main point i'm trying to make, is i have no problem with a vampire love story. actually, the reason i first picked it up is because it was a love story for a change. i just wish she would've depicted it a little better. like i said, how many times can edward 'smile darkly', or 'look beautiful, but dark".

i wouldn't be pissed at the series if it fully deserved the attention it got. if it was written well, interesting, and if she took it up a notch i would probably like it.
    Dasike: in the my story i depicted in my first post, it was kind of hard to ignore anyone.Especially the squealing fangirls.

sadly, the vampire thing has gotten way overrated. there are so many stories for teens out there. the cool thing about Anne Rice is that she didn't write it for kids. but they are vampires for Christs Sake.

Unrelated: i miss vampire stories where they had fun..not hate themselves for being a vampire, but be happy in eternal life. (Fright Night, The Lost boys.)

(by the way, if you haven't seen Bram Stoker's Dracula, read Anne Rice, read Bram Stoker, and seen some more of classic vampires, dont argue. because you haven't seen the other side of the spectrum).
    I hope that last line wasn't for me. Because i told you already i have seen em all. Originally when Stephanie Meyer wrote the book. It was x-rated and way too adult. So she rewrote it to fit a very wide fanbase. Why the heck not? Make more money that way. But i would have liked to have read the original with all the xfactors!

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

That wasn't directed towards you. it was directed towards anyone who hasn't seen or read classic vampire culture and then put Twilight on a pedestal.
    It doesn't have to be X-rated, but I find it strange that there are girls who are 9 and drooling over a demonic creature. Hell, maybe vampire stories should all be adult because they are Monsters.
    Let's see.
    They Drink Blood. They are creatures of the Night. Many depictions of them are beastly in form. hmmm. so cuddly indeed. I really just want to make out with Nosferatu.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

You also can't forget the werewolves (wait weren't they shapeshifters or something along those lines??). We live in a world where almost anything, even a monster, finds love. Well I can see your point when you said 9 year olds drooling over Ed. Ick. Seriously.... He is just a fictional; character (Although I'll admit I have gone a little crazy over some fictional charaters....)

Anywho, that's the type of stories people these days like to listen too. Overall Twlight was a good book. It made a big debute. Just deal with. It'll be gone sooner or later. Well maybe later since it's in such high demand right now.....-.-

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Thanks

I agree at this point Chewbacca will find love in literature because it will follow the Twilight trend. oh wait. that already happened ('Beastly').

But as said, vampires were originally depicted like Nosferatu, or demon/ monster forms. how the hell did this happen?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Mar 25, 2009)

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Sup Emo sorry didn't get on earlyer to help.
    What Emo is saying is (and I agree) Vampyires or Nosferatu were more or less beings from hell and lived in the shadows. They hunt humans, drink there blood and add more to the cave dwelling monsters of the night. There to be feared, hated and above all freeks that would scare grow men.
    Not some love doll that gos to high schools in the mid of nowere in day light.

When anne rice wrote books she didn't do it for the money she did it to tell a story that will bring you into a world of darkness and fear and told the story with great detail that could make even the week imaged minds see the world she invisioned.

When you say somethings differnt thats fine but think of the classics as guid lines for what made them classics not take it and twist it like a wet rag doll and see what comes out add a sexy face and get rich.

Emo I pay you a great deal for being so young and so knowlagble to the classics.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nightboyz For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Mar 25, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast