+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Twilight is starting to piss me off

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Twilight is starting to piss me off

don't mean to stick out like a sore thumb or anything, but i highly doubt Stephenie Meyer's intentions were to disrespect the classics and write this love story only for money and recognition.

she said this idea came to her randomly in a dream, and even though it is not the classic tale of vampires like nosferatu and dracula, it still took a lot of time and creativity to think of an intricate alternate universe for the vampires. I think we should all step outside of Edward, the sexy angsty-teen vampire, and focus on the background she gave for the vampire world. Once you were bitten it was as if a whole fire burned inside of you; the way she describes the transformation is amazing to me. Vampires do live in the shadows and distance themselves from humans in her book, it's just that the main characters are "vegetarian". many vampires do desire and live off of the blood of humans, that aspect has never changed. I think the Volturi also adds a nice Romantic/Italian Mafia twist to the vampire universe.

Basically, all i'm saying is the classics are the foundation for Twilight, and Stephenie Meyer does not slander them at all.
    akame4eva!

Newbie Cindermomo is off to a good start Cindermomo's Avatar
    Thanks

Twilight is one of the worst movie/book eva made, When i saw it with my girlfriend i feel asleep during the movie while my girlfriend was screaming each time she saw Edward.

But i was awake till the part he started sparkling i was like WTF since when do vampires sparkly i thought he would like melt or something cool like that but no he starts sparkling.
    \

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xxajanae97xX View Post

she said this idea came to her randomly in a dream, and even though it is not the classic tale of vampires like nosferatu and dracula, it still took a lot of time and creativity to think of an intricate alternate universe for the vampires. Once you were bitten it was as if a whole fire burned inside of you; the way she describes the transformation is amazing to me. it's just that the main characters are "vegetarian".

Basically, all i'm saying is the classics are the foundation for Twilight, and Stephenie Meyer does not slander them at all.
    Likly story it coming from a dream how many times have I heard that.
    Every writer wants a hit book to come from a dream.
    And I dout it too very long to come up with the background for twilight, its too easy if you been there (school and a teen) Try midevil and stone age thats hard.

The getting bitten part, yeah I get that same felling when a bug bites me too, or I eat mexacan food.
    Vampires Live off of blood, "Interview with a vampire" put it clear it dosen't have to be human blood just blood.

Ok I will say she didn't slander the classics but its the science of it and thats where the "foundation" falls.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Newbie Xxajanae97xX is off to a good start Xxajanae97xX's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    Likly story it coming from a dream how many times have I heard that.
    Every writer wants a hit book to come from a dream.
    And I dout it too very long to come up with the background for twilight, its too easy if you been there (school and a teen) Try midevil and stone age thats hard.

The getting bitten part, yeah I get that same felling when a bug bites me too, or I eat mexacan food.
    Vampires Live off of blood, "Interview with a vampire" put it clear it dosen't have to be human blood just blood.

Ok I will say she didn't slander the classics but its the science of it and thats where the "foundation" falls.
    trust me--the way meyer describes the transformation would feel 1000X worse than mexican food. If anything i think she goes into too much detail because while bella was being turned into a vampire she spent pages and pages of detail of every sensation. quite long. and yes, it doesn't have to be human blood, but human blood tastes more rich and the vampires would much rather prefer it over animal blood. meyer actually said it was quite difficult to write in Bella's perspective, because she was never like her as a teen or been around someone with that personality.
    i say one thing i don't like about twilight is that all of these screaming fangirls only love it because of the thought of Edward being the perfect boyfriend, but they don't even know the history of how everyone's life as a vampire began, or any concept that the book was based upon at all. if you read the other books you will see that--although of course fictional--Meyer does make a scientific connection to all of this (seen most evident through Carlisle's character)
    akame4eva!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

man...true blood is probably the best modern day vampire story there is. it will destroy twilight, simce it's for "children".
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

And thats sad that shes got to explain so much about it.
    Two freak'in pages about something that took a fue min. to do.
    I don't fell sucked in with writing like that im "ok ok I get it, its very very painful and weird like it all ways is."

And the whole explaning out the galore had not poitry to it, non not a drop.
    With a lack of words that make a person fell how can I say educated just kills it for me.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

well one thing thats gets on my nerves is that she said that if they made a twilight movie (this was before the movie, of course), that it would have to be at least 3 hours long.

Not really, not that much crap happened in twilight. She just didn't get to the point quick enough. and to me, that's pretty arrogant. I understand a LOTR being long as hell, or Watchmen or something. But twilight?...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    well one thing thats gets on my nerves is that she said that if they made a twilight movie (this was before the movie, of course), that it would have to be at least 3 hours long.

Not really, not that much crap happened in twilight. She just didn't get to the point quick enough. and to me, that's pretty arrogant. I understand a LOTR being long as hell, or Watchmen or something. But twilight?...
    I fully agree.
    Theres no way that it could be that long.
    To make a movie that long is hard to do in the first place.
    She would of had to put "twilight" and "new moon" together to make the movie that long.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast