+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Vampire Fad- Why you hate it or love it.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

The Vampire Fad- Why you hate it or love it.

First of all, my friend and I(EmoNightmareRose, as you know him) have, like many others, noticed the growing trend of vampires being the mainstream popularity. With shows/movies/books like True Blood, Twilight, and countless other teen vampire 'stories'.
    What do you think of this growing fad?

I personally HATE it. My favorite vampire related novels are The Science of Vampires, Dracula, The Blood Countess, Carmilla, At Home with Marquis De Sade and From Hell(yes, Jack the Ripper and Marquis De Sade widely rumored to involve himself in vampiristic behaviour.) So to see vampires go the route of a fluffy Shoujo manga is bound to get on my nerves. And I love fluffy Shoujo Manga. My username is Utena Tenjou and my avatar is from Peach Girl. So c'mon, I'm being fair. I love it, but not when it's paired with sexually demented murderous fiends that exist to suck blood.

I say it's a damn shame when I ask a girl wearing a 'I love vampires' tee, "Do you like Erzebeth Bathory?" and she answers," Who? LOL!"

Anyway, as for the second category we get Anne Rice and True Blood(which I won't review since I've never seen).
    Anne Rice, on the otherhand offers your handsome vampires through not so murderous intentions, but I won't say she's the best. Her writing is fine for people who aren't fans of vampirism.
    Her philosophy is so so, through years of analysis I've never found out what the huge philosophical atheist rants that her main characters happened to be going on and on about were. Memnoch the Devil, however is a good example of the religion tied in with vampirism. But besides that I've found her writing to have decreased in quality over the years.

Anywaaay, the purpose of this thread isn't to listen to me(though I wish it was), it's to hear you.
    So discussion relating to vampirism from before Carmilla to Twilight is now open.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Vampire Fad- Why you hate it or love it.

I love it because vampires are cool. Elizebeth Bathory was a real life socio path. Stuff like that blurrs the line, nobody and I mean nobody should look up to bloody Bathory. That woman was pure evil. But in fiction that stuff is just awesome, and manga can do vampires good. Vampire princess Miyu was very scary but was a manga.

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I love it because vampires are cool. Elizebeth Bathory was a real life socio path. Stuff like that blurrs the line, nobody and I mean nobody should look up to bloody Bathory. That woman was pure evil. But in fiction that stuff is just awesome, and manga can do vampires good. Vampire princess Miyu was very scary but was a manga.
    That's why it's gold. The entire root of vampirism is a murderous sociopathic being that sucks blood and the life out of it's prey. That is the line. She is the Queen of Vampires because of it. Killing hundreds of people made her a grander vampire.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Utena Tenjo For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Sep 15, 2009)

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

I like True Blood cause it ain't all about vampires, it has mind readers, shifters,
    maynads, and hopefully werewolves will be in season three. I wouldn't really say
    I am into vampirism cause I can't stand The Vampire Diaries and Twilight is okay
    but not my favorite flick and I'm not a devoted fan. I'm more into the supernatural
    aspect of it, which is why I like True Blood, it just has a bit of a psychotic twist
    and I love the movie From Hell. And has anyone ever seen Ghost Hunt?
    Elizabeth Bathory is even mentioned on that anime.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Me I dont like this one cause its very dumb its all about love and friendship and stuff my type of vampire is a mean ,blood sucking ,evil monster who kills humans and doesn't love them. I love vampires but these storys ruin them I hope it ends soon.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Beatle View Post
    Me I dont like this one cause its very dumb its all about love and friendship and stuff my type of vampire is a mean ,blood sucking ,evil monster who kills humans and doesn't love them. I love vampires but these storys ruin them I hope it ends soon.
    I like both I am crazy that way it adds more sickness to the plot.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Vampires are interesting, and make for good ratings. Thus all the vampire shows, movies, video games, and wannabes. Lol Anywho they are quite entertaining for the fact that they always have different rules, some sparkle, some don't. Some turn to ash in the sun, and some can walk out in daylight. It all depends on what show you are watching.

And I say this because I like vampire shows and movies. My favorites are Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Moonlight, and Dracula Dead and Loving It.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haruko Haruhara View Post
    I like True Blood cause it ain't all about vampires, it has mind readers, shifters,
    maynads, and hopefully werewolves will be in season three. I wouldn't really say
    I am into vampirism cause I can't stand The Vampire Diaries and Twilight is okay
    but not my favorite flick and I'm not a devoted fan. I'm more into the supernatural
    aspect of it, which is why I like True Blood, it just has a bit of a psychotic twist
    and I love the movie From Hell. And has anyone ever seen Ghost Hunt?
    Elizabeth Bathory is even mentioned on that anime.
    hey another fan like me...and i thought i'm the only fan here. she's also mentioned in nat geo and discovery as well.

anyway, i'm ok with this fad only in tv and movies. but i don't like people trying to be them in real life.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast