+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Combinations?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Video Game Combinations?

Do you the (members) think is a good idea to Combine Playstation 3 with Xbox360? Yes or NO (Why)?

I think this is a great idea, even though it has never done before. Producers of the game making industries have intended this unique process before, but has come to a failure. There has been bewilderment about this type of combining to systems that are in competition into which is the best system. Honestly why there should be a comptetition into two systems that are rivals, and also it shouldn't be about only because the consumers think about their opinion. These two companies should consider into making a combination.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Video Game Combinations?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a serious 'Debate' topic... Moving to Sensory Pleasures, (where console game subjects belong...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

If we wait much longer it's not going to be Microsoft or Sony but EA creating its own console, with all the exclusives they have it would sell like fresh baked buns.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they should stay as separate consoles. In the business world, competition with other companies is what increases the production original products. If you are in control of the whole industry you have no reason to make something new. And when your fans start to walk away you can just drop a new title and they will come crawling back. Making a console of the biggest names would cause a monopoly in the gaming industry and would be bad for everyone since they can now charge whatever they want. The more diversity we have the better we all are.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to solking For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Mar 27, 2008)

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Competition drives innovation, and is a necessity in the video game industry. Secondly, the more choices, the better. For example, I know lots of people who love PSN because it's a pretty good and free online service, however, you'll find an equal amount of people who love Xbox Live because, despite costing money, it offers a superior and more in-depth service. Combining two systems like that would be messy.

Not only that, but choices between consoles allow developers the freedom to decide where their game would best fit, and reach it's target audience more efficiently. I can guarentee you the audiences for both the mentioned systems is different.

Also, Microsoft has never made money on the Xbox or the 360(They have that warranty debacle to blame for that now...), so Sony would have be idiotic to want to pal up with them.

If we wait much longer it's not going to be Microsoft or Sony but EA creating its own console, with all the exclusives they have it would sell like fresh baked buns.
    I can't see that ever working out if it happened. Nintendo owns casual gamers at this point, and half of everyone else hates EA because they dish out unchanged sequels to generic games a lot, and they shut down good studios if said games don't sell enough.(ie; EA Chicago)

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Also, Microsoft has never made money on the Xbox or the 360(They have that warranty debacle to blame for that now...), so Sony would have be idiotic to want to pal up with them.
    Sony isn't making money either, they are actually loosing money. The real competition that is bogus is the one between blu ray and HD, Blu ray has most of the major studios support and HD needs to just graciously bow out, plus bluray is better in my opinion.

The competition is good for consumers because it leads to price wars like what we saw with the PS3 and the 360 this past year.

I'm just me.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Sony isn't making money either, they are actually loosing money. The real competition that is bogus is the one between blu ray and HD, Blu ray has most of the major studios support and HD needs to just graciously bow out, plus bluray is better in my opinion.
    Ah, well, that's true too, I was trying to think of how well Sony was doing, but hadn't really heard much about the specifics of it. I suppose they are still held back by producing systems that cost more to create than the retail price(Although they have made some leaps and bounds in that area I believe this year). Of course, joining with Microsoft wouldn't really alleviate that business problem.

I think the format wars are another reason Sony wouldn't join up with ol' 360. Bluray has basically won at this point(Microsoft discontinuing the HD-DVD add-on, Toshiba backing out, etc..), and with a software library that's slowly growing, Sony is on the way up.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree w hassun.

I would love to have one system that could read 360 and ps3!
    to bad they are made by completely different companies that are competing for the market...
    and unless one company goes bankrupt or realizes that its losing the market and decides to give in... I dun see something like this happening any time soon...

the best both companies could do for us gamers right now... is give us 100% backwards compatibility damn it!
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast