+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are Video Games Art?

Newbie michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Video Games Art?

anything that is done with dedication and passion is art... so yes, video games are art... ^_^ so thinking that video games aren't art is almost good as saying that they're trash. Video game makers should be given more recognition as their work is not just a flick of a hand... ^_^

"Deviously Revamped."

Otaku White_Mage88 may be famous one day White_Mage88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Video game creation is art. It takes a lot of time and effort to make games a storyline has to be created along with character and landscape sketches, and graphics have to be developed.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michiru726
    anything that is done with dedication and passion is art... so yes, video games are art... ^_^
    Does that mean playing a Video game is an art MMORPGs for example.
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

They could be, it takes skill to make them...

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say yes, because it takes hard work to come out with something like that.

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ
    Yes they are art. because if you think about all of the frames they create to make the sequences then its just same as making a stop motion capture movie.

A a kind of digital artist...but not a very good one......i think if you think about all the hard work someone has done just to make a character look realistic then why should it not be called art????????

Just because it is a platform for fighting, building, manipulation the characters it doesn't take away the fact that it is still art. For someone to create this digital landscape where people are able to explore and experience things in a third person perspective etc.

I hope that made kind of sense.
    Yes, I agree with Dancy. Every game has graphical representations of characters, places, things. All these graphics are obvious forms of art.

But also, there is art is the music, the videos, the story...all are characteristics of the arts.

o~Piggy-san~o

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Ofcourse it is art!! Every single thing about video games are art!! Games are basically living art!! The characters are art that you can move and the background is literally artwork in some games (such as Chrono Cross, FF series, and so many others). Music is also art so all the BGM and sound effects in the games are art. The storyline is like a script to a play and that is also considered as art.(to me atleast)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

So far, I agree with all of you. There are some really good stories in video games. And what is art except the ability to use a certain medium to tell a story? Music tells stories, even when it doesn't have words. Video games have music. Storytelling is the oldest form of art, and most video games tell a story. Video games encompass music, cinematography, storytelling, and something else. Something new; the ability of the audience, the viewer, to participate and influence the finished piece of art. If you were to think about it, video games have the potential to become the highest form of art. I think that the people that say that video games can't be art are the same people that used to say that a comic couldn't be art. However, comics have been accept as an art form now (although they are often viewed as a lower art form).

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast