+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Are Video Games Art?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Video Games Art?

umm, to respond to the post above, PLAYING video games is hardly an art. It's a game. Games require no skill, just a keen mind and a quick finger, not worthy of the term art. the making of video games are an art, but the playing of them are not.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    umm, to respond to the post above, PLAYING video games is hardly an art. It's a game. Games require no skill, just a keen mind and a quick finger, not worthy of the term art. the making of video games are an art, but the playing of them are not.
    I agree, how can anyone consider playing a video game art? Years of work goes into making a game and that's what makes it art, however it takes little to no thought or work to beat or play a video game.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

check out some of the new games, most of it is all graphics, like RE 5, they make it look like its a CG movie, where you control the outcome.

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Tthere is two sides to this coin. One, the art work, music and stroies to some of the games out there are uniqe and ground breaking that yes they could be considered art, but the fact that it is done for profit and it is only apprecatied for a short time, gives me pause. Two, art is suppose to make you feel some thing inside you that would not usally be there. I don't mean what weapon would best to kill this boss; it is more like when you see a painting of DaVinci's. I look on and think about what it was like in that time, will I ever see this with my children? Things like that.
    I will give credit where it is due, games have a great potental, but have not come to the point to inspier us to due some thing beyond ourselves.
    Last edited by kinetic; May 21, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

perhaps not you personally, but I disagree to a point. Not all art is nessiarly inspiring either, but that doesn't make it art. Then again, perhaps our definitions of what is art is different.

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    perhaps not you personally, but I disagree to a point. Not all art is nessiarly inspiring either, but that doesn't make it art. Then again, perhaps our definitions of what is art is different.
    True, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Newbie michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726 may be famous one day michiru726's Avatar
    Thanks

lol... my post rather confused others as to what the topic is... anyways, i'm just answering somebody's post with my own views... so yeah, we define art in different ways... ^_^ let's just go back into the topic...

still, Video Games are art for me. ^-^ v

"Deviously Revamped."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4