+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are Video Game's More Violent?

Inu-Yasha Fan Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Video Game's More Violent?

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    No, it just shocks more people because video games are getting more popular and because it all looks more realistic with today's graphics.
    I agree!
    Why won't people agree with us?

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

like everyone before moi said, they're just getting more graphical, not violent. there was head-chopping off in an early 2-d mortal combat, i believe. Like Dark. said, mortal combet is a great example.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighter
    I want to say yes an no. For the diffrent systems like nintendo they keep the games they choose to sell at a Youth leval. But for the other systems like PS2 Xbox, they sell more violent games with crude content and sexual themes. And as we advance to newer games it kinda gets pushed further and further.

But when I say NO, It because they will always have the AGE warning limit. And they dont sell M rated games to anyone under the certain age.

But non of the stuff I said will stop me from buying those games! ^_^

You are extreamly right. they always put up the raiting sign for something like that. Like that 3d beach volly ball game with all those animated 3d women wearing bekines. LOL. I think they also have strip poker in that game.

The better graphics we have the more detailed there is. In a way the games are becomming more life like.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

now now, don't bring suggestive material into the mix. That's not the discussion. The topic clearly asked has VIOLENCE increased, not suggestive and sexual themes, so don't be playing that card.

Newbie Atomic Muffin may be famous one day Atomic Muffin may be famous one day Atomic Muffin's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a yes and no. Some have become more gory, but some others have become more censored. Depends where you are, and what the game is really.
    §Myspace§

°Siggy by the wonderful Zaraki Kenpachi°

Inu-Yasha Fan Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz may be famous one day Mega.Herz's Avatar
    Thanks

If games get any better then they are now we will have to have wires on us to control the character...

Newbie Ghostly may be famous one day Ghostly may be famous one day
    Thanks

As a whole there are more games that are violent thats kinda a redundant question as it is immediately apparant. It's a result of people pushing the boundries over the years and more things becoming acceptable as a result. The important thing is though that we still have access to the full range of games so those who do not want gore can still enjoy games.

Otaku Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd think so, since now there are better graphics in games and now there's even a game in which you get killed differently depending on what monster kills you. I think little "extras" like that along with better/realer looking graphics makes games alot more violent now a days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast