+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video Games Turned Into Movies?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Video Games Turned Into Movies?

Here is one question that i would like to be answered and want to hear inputs from any member that are interested in talking about what should be fixed in some parts of the movies or just want to give an opinion... Anyways my question is are video games being turned into digital films in theatres?

I will start off, in the days that i have been out in theatres looking at new movies it has brought my attention that movies are being created by video games for example the halo movie might be coming out and also god of war. but in the case of that i been strongly thinking about it and not rushing towards to conclusion so suddenly i am just looking for an answer that is simple and must be reasonable to acknowledge. I am not being despereate right now but i dont mind if members give their input on this one and share their shoughts as well like opinions and such things for me i dont know what else to say exactly but there is one more thing i would like to say is that there has been editing being done when a certain movie is complete from a video game and i would like to know more information about this please explain so i can truly get clarity in the shrouds that i am in. Thank You.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Video Games Turned Into Movies?

Whaa?? i didnt quite get that ..anyways i think you're asking whether movies based on video games are coming out .
    and yes that is happening
    Take for example Resident Evil the zombie-shooting fps-ish game soon turned into a series of quite successful movies .also the game doom , turned into a movie called er, "doom" which too was quite good IMO .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarentai Kyoukan For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Aug 17, 2011)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarentai Kyoukan View Post
    Whaa?? i didnt quite get that ..anyways i think you're asking whether movies based on video games are coming out .
    and yes that is happening
    Take for example Resident Evil the zombie-shooting fps-ish game soon turned into a series of quite successful movies .also the game doom , turned into a movie called er, "doom" which too was quite good IMO .
    Yes i did a mistake into what i was asking about for when video games if they are coming out into movies, anyways thank you for the input and also im just not quite sure on the clarity that it gave me so i still need more specific details on the answer your answer was great only it needed to be longer to be at least two to three senteces long i guess i was not being clear in the beginning of it then. Right?

|アスタロス|

Thanks

XD
    ah well then .. well if you want me to describe in elongated sentences , resident evil had a really good plot , if you focus on what they had made out of something that was just a videogame . they made a whole plot , with clones and zombie dogs and zombie crows pecking people to death .. that was just awesome .I cant say much about Doom though , I havent played the game yet =)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarentai Kyoukan For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Aug 18, 2011)

Thanks

XD
    ah well then .. well if you want me to describe in elongated sentences , resident evil had a really good plot , if you focus on what they had made out of something that was just a videogame . they made a whole plot , with clones and zombie dogs and zombie crows pecking people to death .. that was just awesome .I cant say much about Doom though , I havent played the game yet =)
    Well i did enjoyed hearing about the Resident Evil plot so which part was the most frightening to you when you played and watched the movie in theatres? for me i have not seen all the movies and/or played the game because i dont know what to say about it, so yeah it is going to be difficult to talk about it.

|アスタロス|

Thanks

well in the game the freakiest part is when the zombies become succesfull in grabbing you ...orr when these zombie dogs jump out of fires and strike you .As for the movies ...its gonna be hard to tell which was the freakiest part....for there are like 3 or more movies of resident evil. But the freakiest part I can remember is when Jill was slowly backing onto this grave and this zombie hand shot out of the grave and started pulling her down ...gives me the shudders ...XD

Thanks

well in the game the freakiest part is when the zombies become succesfull in grabbing you ...orr when these zombie dogs jump out of fires and strike you .As for the movies ...its gonna be hard to tell which was the freakiest part....for there are like 3 or more movies of resident evil. But the freakiest part I can remember is when Jill was slowly backing onto this grave and this zombie hand shot out of the grave and started pulling her down ...gives me the shudders ...XD
    Well it looks like that was the scariest part that i heard and i guess you have point into giving out good details from the actual video game and from the theatre movie parts and turning iut into good explanation.

|アスタロス|

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

....dude, they've been making movies [loosely] based off video games since the 80s...

List of films based on video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen a few of the 80s ones and they were pretty bad: Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros (shudder), as well as a couple of new ones like Hitman, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, and Dead or Alive. Most of them are pretty mediocre because most games' storylines are pretty mediocre. An active form of entertainment is very difficult to translate to a passive form. They made one of my favorite games into a movie, Prince of Persia, but because it was made by Disney I've never seen it.

I think a couple games that *might* have a halfway decent chance of being suitable for theatres are Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Fallout, Uncharted, and *maybe* InFamous. One game I'm surprised they haven't made a movie of yet is Legend of Zelda, simply because that would have a flock of fans devouring that cash cow in a heartbeat.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark. For This Useful Post:

dark1angel (Aug 19, 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast