+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Video Games Turned Into Movies?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Video Games Turned Into Movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    ....dude, they've been making movies [loosely] based off video games since the 80s...

List of films based on video games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen a few of the 80s ones and they were pretty bad: Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros (shudder), as well as a couple of new ones like Hitman, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, and Dead or Alive. Most of them are pretty mediocre because most games' storylines are pretty mediocre. An active form of entertainment is very difficult to translate to a passive form. They made one of my favorite games into a movie, Prince of Persia, but because it was made by Disney I've never seen it.

I think a couple games that *might* have a halfway decent chance of being suitable for theatres are Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Fallout, Uncharted, and *maybe* InFamous. One game I'm surprised they haven't made a movie of yet is Legend of Zelda, simply because that would have a flock of fans devouring that cash cow in a heartbeat.
    Wow i did not noticed that they were making movies from the 80's all that time and for the fact of it, well im sure there are going to be a few changes when movies are being generated from video games wouldn't you agree with that? Well that is the least i can think of and the other thinig that i did not noticed is that there were actual games that were that great turned into films like how would that happen because it never shows up in advertisements or in the newspaper at that time you know?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, could you phrase your comments a little more...coherently?

I guess I'll continue to say that the 80s was more or less the "Golden Age" of video games, so it makes sense that they'd make movies based off the most popular games to try to rake in some money. The quality of the video game-based movies in the 80s were lacking because:

1) special effect technology wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now
    2) most of the budgets for these films probably weren't that spectacular
    3) as I said before, video game plots (especially in the 80s) are often poorly written/thought out, which in turn leads to poorly written adaptations.

Today's video game movies haven't been faring well mostly for reasons 2 and 3. Though I guess you could argue you need a big budget to have impressive special effects. I argue why waste all that money on a movie, when you could invest it into an even better game?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that is true into what i was trying to find out into what you just said though now that the economy is bad or is not in the good times there is a chance that there could be improvisions into making or collecting more money without getting funds from the companies right? anyways i should have explained more of my question more appropriately and up to date that way you can understand it better than i do because half the time i dont get what i ask for. as the question goes i dont know if it will continue to go far or depth in making films of video games what do you think of it or your thoughts, err i mean input on this other question that i do have where does the video game companies join up and talk their thoughts into making a film to the upcoming years before us to make an outstanding film for us gamers that are into big action critiques? and to make it clear is that i am asking what companies are the main branch that go seek into making their games turned into movies as you mentioned before in the previous posts?

|アスタロス|

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think your question is: which prominent video game companies go to Hollywood to have their games adapted to films? I think I can say confidently, without much research into the matter, that *no* video game company goes to Hollywood asking for their games to be made into movies. That's simply not how Hollywood works. If there's a movie producer that's interested in buying rights to an idea, whether it's a novel, video game, etc., they will find that person or that person's agent, and pitch their movie idea. The video game industry does not make games hoping that they get made into films, Hollywood comes in and asks if they can make a film adaptation of their game or series. If the game producers strike a good enough deal, the film will be made. Does that answer your question? I have a very hard time following your posts. I don't mean to offend, but you really need to work on your sentence structure. Commas and periods are your friends.

Thanks

Yes it does answewr my question though i'm having a hard time bnelileving all this into my head to certainly agree into what your saying ans so much for my sentence structure i dont think that i can be good at because its a thing i have when i write something down and dont want to waste time into going back to the sentence and write or type the commas and periods when its needed. So far as going back to the issue on the topic you think there is a possibility that any hollywood producers may or not come into contact into making series of shows just back in the year of 2000 that it was released of devil may cry the animation series? just a good old fashion question i thought it was good to point out.

|アスタロス|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2