+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Videogames that are anime and manga style.

Newbie Wings Of The Dark is off to a good start
    Thanks

Post Videogames that are anime and manga style.

Do you like games that are anime style? Are they manga themed action? If yes, what do you like in games style like this and what games do you know?...
    >>¥{JPN 4 LIFE}¥<<
    Anime on my shoulders, The world at my feet...

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Re: Videogames that are anime and manga style.

Mmm, I do like video games that have anime or manga themes. I have Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel, which is good, and some with anime- or manga-style graphics like Tales of Legendia (the cut scenes) and cel-shaded like Samurai Legend Mushashi and Shining Force EXA.

What do I like about them . . . ? Well, story is big with me, and they have pretty good stories (FMA, Tales and Shining Force are excellant, Musashi is okay but fun). I love the look of them and the way they play, especially the fights. I guess I just like games, and if they look like anime then all the better.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Manga-themed action? What do you mean?...

I personally don't think anime and manga is a style, just a medium. If you classified the art of Le Chevalier D'Eon, Saint Tail, and Dragon Ball Z as having the same style, I don't think it'd work out.

I don't actually play games based on manga or anime, but I have played and enjoyed games that have spawned manga and anime. Pokemon, Digimon... Always was into having pet portable monsters for some reason. And then there was getting more, getting all of them, being the best, etc... Good times, good times... Other than those games... I guess Kingdom hearts and Final Fantasy Tactics fits that style? I like thinking, organizing battles, combos, the voice acting, and the storyline.

I'm also a fan of ADVs / Interactive Visual Novels. Which are often drawn in what I'm guessing you see as anime and manga style. I enjoy the storylines —when they're good. Maybe I should play those "friendlier" games that haven't been cut from games directed at adults. :laughs: I also enjoy the art, soundtracks, and voice-acting of ADVs. Oh, and there are all the seperate screens to collect; ComputerGraphics. I'm the obsessive kind, so to get every CG, every scene, really, really feels good. Oh, and sometimes, the games have some extra gameplay features. Battles, music minigames, card games (Sounds odd, but Apocripha made it really fun), stuff like that. And there's also the nostalgia value... I've been a long-time player, but unfortunately I went on a "hiatus" due to reasons... I'm back though. The thing I love about those Interactive Visual novels the most... I guess it has to be the character interaction. So much character development... In the decent games, at least.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea I like it when it is anime styled such as persona 3(awsome game) or the tales of series.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost all ATLUS and BANPRESTO games are anime/manga look-alikes. Brigandine, Persona, SRW, Panzer Bandit, list goes on....

Some of the best games i've played are anime themed visually, like chrono trigger and brigandine...

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

So, would this just include games based on animes/mangas, or games with anime style art, etc? I rarely ever play games based off animes, since I feel I already know who's who, and what's going to happen, kind of takes the fun out.

If tis just artwise/graphics wise, I will admit to buying games with that sort of look sometimes impulsively(And luckly for me, they all ended up being great games). Super Swing Golf(A Wii rendition of the Korean Golf MMO Pangya!.) managed to turn me into a golf lover partially because of its graphics, since instead of the dull and bland normal golf locales, you got really imaginative characters and areas. I think games made in this style often pull off these really imaginative and sort of light hearted looks very well. When I want something really atmospheric and immersive like a depthy RPG though, I usually look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by abby724
    I don't actually play games based on manga or anime, but I have played and enjoyed games that have spawned manga and anime. Pokemon,
    The game spawned the anime? I had no idea, I always thought it was the other way around for some reason...

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i dont like it like that. i think the only one i ever liked like that was tales of syphmonia.
    (sorry for the spelling) but like i just cant get into unless it looks real

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I know what you mean and I think I tend to lean towards those types of games. In fact most of my impulse game buys have been anime style like Tales of Legendia and Rouge Galaxy and who can forget Kingdom Hearts. I've wanted to try Tales of Symphonia but it is next to impossible to find anymore.

I'm just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast