+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen: good or bad

Newbie Leath is off to a good start
    Thanks

Watchmen: good or bad

Watchmen just came out today so being the movie buff that I am and wanting to see every movie i decided to go see. With all the hype that had been built up over it, say like for example Cloverfeild ( a title that had nothing to do with clovers, giant monsters or New York) I was read for a good well air conditioned sit down. I'd read a couple of reviews and was suprised to learn it wasn't doing as well as predicted. Going against my better judgement i went to experience what would become the worst movie i had seen since Epic movie. It was so bad that i left to get more popcorn having a nice chat with the sales guy about how crap the movie was getting back just in time for a completely uneccesary sex scene. In my personal opinion nothing about this movie worked. The script was uncreative, the character/actors unknown and poorly acted, the soundtrack, while good was used in all the wrong ways and had nothing to do with the movie and was more painful was it took me up until the last 20minutes to figure out the plot. Thats just my opinion however. I really want to know what other people thought and why

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Watchmen: good or bad

I think that it will be a good movie and I plan on going a seeing it.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Otaku Zero666Mitaki is off to a good start
    Thanks

nevr seen it but it looks ok.i wouldnt mind goin to c it.kool lookin characters so it shouldnt b that bad right?

If time is just an illusion, then does that mean one's life is a waste?

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

we're talking about it her in writer's club in indiana.........
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's how I view it. It is a comic book based movie. Therefore it will certainly not do the original justice. I've never read the original, so even if the movie does not stay true to it's source, i've lost nothing.

How I normally go into movies that have a book or video game source is with no expectations. If the movie sucks, I can turn to my friends who were hyped up for it, smile smugly in their face and say "I told you so!". On the other hand, if the movie is genuinely good, then it becomes even more of a gem because it shattered my expectations.
    Why hello there!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny, everyone said Cloverfield sucked, yet everyone who refused to watch it because everyone said it sucked - EVENTUALLY DID WATCH IT (through rentals), and claimed it was a pretty darn good movie.

...so if enough people say this movie sucks, I'll wait to see what people say in the future.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Cloverfield was pretty boring imo.
    Watchmen was pretty entertaining. The presentation and music were great (that opening montage set to The Time They Are a-Changin' for example).
    Nixon's rubber face was a bit laughable though, shame they didn't cover that up better in post production.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

read the book and seen the movie...and the movie was indeed faithful to the idea to the comic. believe me, it's good but not that good. btw, if you want a scan of the comic, let me know. and one more thing...where's the squid?!!
    Last edited by rematche; Mar 06, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast