+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen: good or bad

Newbie zefielyn is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Watchmen: good or bad

It's immaterial since I've aleadly bought the ticket, but I'm ready to be slightly disappointing. Just looking at the costumes makes me a little bleh... I always thought that one of the perks of the comic was the believability of the heros. Nite Owl was a little pudgy, Laurie puked when she was zapped, but the movie pics made them look too heroic for me. Coming from someone with a love for the antihero.
    "So take a piece, but not too much."

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zefielyn View Post
    It's immaterial since I've aleadly bought the ticket, but I'm ready to be slightly disappointing. Just looking at the costumes makes me a little bleh... I always thought that one of the perks of the comic was the believability of the heros. Nite Owl was a little pudgy, Laurie puked when she was zapped, but the movie pics made them look too heroic for me. Coming from someone with a love for the antihero.
    have you read the comics? because that's what they all are on it. if you read the comics, again.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie zefielyn is off to a good start
    Thanks

Yes, I'd read the comic through before watching the movie, and I felt that the movie was decent, compared to what else is coming out. I wouldn't see it twice, nor buy it. Some scenes were overdone to the point of being funny (i.e. the Hallelujah scene).
    "So take a piece, but not too much."

Otaku Akaryu792 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i think itl b pretty good but those douchebags shouldnt make a sequel i mean look wat happens wen they make sequels the only movie so far that has good sequels was batman the ones starting from batman begins, then the dark knight, the third one is yet to be desired with johnny depp as riddler and phillip seymour hoffman as penguin, but anyways the reason why i say no sequels is look wat happens to most sequels spiderman for instance saying its a curse, r u serious??? a curse nononononono they r douches for making him sound gay watchmen i gonna end up stupid after the first movie and if it doesnt ill b suprised

Fear is a state of mind
    to me fear does not exist

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG, i saw it today and it is one of the most epic movies i have ever seen. It's up there with 300 (go figure) and The Dark Knight for EPICNESS! Rawshak was awesome (can't spell it, i know), and the music was pretty good. The fighting was intense and i was entertained for every minute of the 2 hour 40 min-ish movie. Its definetaly a must-see.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fayt lingod For This Useful Post:

EmoNightmareRose (Mar 07, 2009)

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

He's called Rorschach.
    And I have to agree. It really was a very good movie. Didn't expected that when we went watching it yesterday. Never heard of Watchmen before. Literally. I haven't seen a single comic, nor have I known any of those heros. So I was kinda interested in what I'm going to see.
    But it was a very enjoyable experience. Very unique style again. They story was a bit slow of the start, for about half the film I had no idea what's the actual plot. But afterwards it turns out to be surprisingly good, with an interesting message.
    I especially have to mention the music in the film. It really was awesome. Very well chosen and the songs suited the style of the film perfectly.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

it was not good. it was not bad.
    IT WAS AWESOME!
    my only problem i had wasn't even the movie it self, it was that when me and my friend went to see it there were idiots in the theater.(texting, talking loudly, phones rang, etc)
    another thing that bugged me is that people took kids to this movie. like 3 and 5 year olds because it was a comic book movie.
    and then they b***ed about it being violent and all the sex. hell, it says it's rated R.
    but they assumed it would be a generic superhero movie, and it was not. which only added to it being cool.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    another thing that bugged me is that people took kids to this movie. like 3 and 5 year olds because it was a comic book movie.
    same thing at the theater Soshi and i went to!!

but Soshi and i really enjoyed it!
    twas terrible what happened in the film, and what people did to each other, but it said what it wanted to say and did a good job doing it!

and much agree with Hassun that the intro was awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast