+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We did it, We're number one.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

We did it, We're number one.

Avatar has broken the record for world wide box office. This is a great victory for James Cameron. But it is also a victory to the many sci fi and fantasy fans out there that helped get Avatar where it is today. I liked the Sci fi/ fantasy genre before it was popular like it is now, I liked it when they had no chance of getting an oscar nomination.

For those of us who were made fun of for this stuff, this is validation, and congratualations are in order for all who helped propel Avatar to #1.

A shift has occured here. Sci Fi/Fantasy is now number on. I am happy but tell me what you think about having Sci Fi as number one.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: We did it, We're number one.

I say about time, though I didn't necessarily love the movie, I am glad that Titanic finally got dethroned because I definitely don't like Titanic compared to some of the other movies it's ahead of.

Is anyone like me though that, despite having seen it and enjoyed it, doesn't understand the hype of the movie at all? I mean visually it was outstanding, but it also felt so, cliche. I felt like I was watching one of the best funded disney films ever concieved or something, it just seemed too bubbly to me at times. I haven't actually seen an Avatar thread yet, so I'm hoping to see what others thought of the film.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

yah i know how u feel dark. i was waiting to watch it for how long beacause IMAX tickets were sold out for weeks. then when i finally got to watch it was as great as everyone made it appear to be. yah it was great but not was great as i had hope. well u know what its all about avertising. you get that much avertising of course everyone's is going to want to watch it. well that just proves that ppl will believe anything they see. and then of course there is the fact that it's a james cameron film. the guy hardly makes films, but when he does they're great. soo he leaves his fans wanting more.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    I say about time, though I didn't necessarily love the movie, I am glad that Titanic finally got dethroned because I definitely don't like Titanic compared to some of the other movies it's ahead of.

Is anyone like me though that, despite having seen it and enjoyed it, doesn't understand the hype of the movie at all? I mean visually it was outstanding, but it also felt so, cliche. I felt like I was watching one of the best funded disney films ever concieved or something, it just seemed too bubbly to me at times. I haven't actually seen an Avatar thread yet, so I'm hoping to see what others thought of the film.
    true avatar is visually stunning but as for the story...it made me sleepy, it's so over used. i was thinking of a galactic war...but instead a cheesy love story.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw it in 3D and it was pretty darn good. I am just glad a sci fi film is on top.
    Crazy people don't know they're going crazy. They think they're getting saner.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Haven't seen it yet, but like the many others, I'm glad it was a success. These things may take time, but people should be able to witness these worlds of fantasy that so many others of us have been enjoying for years. Cheers.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Since my post disappeared...

Avatar was only able to break this record because of the increased revenue from the 3-D ticket sales (12 bucks a ticket versus 8-9 bucks a ticket). With out that extra increase in price (Something I helped do too, I saw it in 3-D), it would not have broken that record.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Avatar was only able to break this record because of the increased revenue from the 3-D ticket sales (12 bucks a ticket versus 8-9 bucks a ticket). With out that extra increase in price (Something I helped do too, I saw it in 3-D), it would not have broken that record.
    Well there were alot of people filling the seats. I've attempted to see it several time before I was successful. Everytime it was sold out. Im sure the couple dollars extra to see it in 3D helped. But, I do think record breaking should be credited to the amount of people who've seen it.

And, I liked the movie. I thought it was really good. Certainly better than Titanic. But I didn't think it lived up to the hype either. I also thought it was strange that at one point there was Avatar happy meal toys at McDonalds. So I took my kids with me to the movie. And I mean... they're used to MY potty mouth. So while the foul language was excessive, I figured they could bare it. But the damn near sex scene? And all that near nude blue flesh? Why were they targeting a child audience?
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast