+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wet

Newbie FinalXepher is off to a good start FinalXepher's Avatar
    Thanks

Wet

its been quite a long time since ive posted so ill start with this

i got the game WET the other day, played it, and beat it. i thought it was a great game with a new, interesting concept of combat. you either slide on the ground, jump in the air, or run on walls to activate "acrobatic slow-mo" to effectively dispatch all of the enemies around you. one of your guns automatically aims for one enemy, while you manually control the other gun to shoot either the same enemy or another. there is also a sword for quick up close kills. and then there are some sequences in the game were the protagonist kills a person and gets her face covered in blood triggering "rage mood" where the world is presented in noir style with bold red, black and white. all your attacks are stronger, faster and you have a chain kill counter.

but one of the most stand-out features of this game for me was the music. most of the music wasnt made by the game's composer but are songs from actual artists. all of the music has a 70's western/hard rock/rockabilly feel to it, really bringing out the western feel

here are a few screenshots

overall, i think it is a great game. of course i didnt cover all the bases but i would like to here wat u guys think.

If this world is hell,
    then God is nicer than everyone thinks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FinalXepher For This Useful Post:

Spike'sRose (Sep 23, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wet

Sounds pretty interesting, I might have to give it a shot now. It almost sounds like Quentin Tarantino's idea of a game.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks like the type of game I would LOVE.

I like the gameplay concept... The whole slow-mo thing sounds like not only will it be fun to control, but look awesome too. I like the rage mood... Blood on the face triggers it? That's brutal.

I especially really like the look... Noir makes me happy... And that combined witht the music makes for a fun game for me!

Thanks for posting this... I might have to go grab the game!

Thanks

this game is addicting. when i got the demo, i couldnt stop playing it until i got the real game. if you want an example of the music here are a couple of songs. these songs were in the demo, but there are obviously many more songs like these. these songs will get you pumped for some killing

Insane-The Arkhams

YouTube - WET Battle song, Insane - The Arkhams

The Undead West-Knock Galley West

YouTube - WET Soundtrack - The Undead West

and here are a couple more screenshots. and one of the protagonist so you can see what she looks like. her name is Rubi by the way...

If this world is hell,

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohh thanks for the links.

I actually really like the music... It does seem to set the mood just right. Music is a huge factor for me with games... From an artistic persepctive.

I also really like the plot of the game, from what I've read. ^.^

I'm digging this already, and I haven't even played it yet!

Again, thanks for sharing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    Ohh thanks for the links.

I actually really like the music... It does seem to set the mood just right. Music is a huge factor for me with games... From an artistic persepctive.

I also really like the plot of the game, from what I've read. ^.^

I'm digging this already, and I haven't even played it yet!

Again, thanks for sharing!
    hey no problem. im glad to offer my insight.

i totally agree with you about the music though. really sets the mood and bad music in a game can almost turn me away. but the all music in WET gave me a mad rush. i had goosebumps all over me and i was ready massacre everybody that i could. im also cant help shouting when im playin

and all the music is in the extra content so you could listen to it and see who made the songs. problem is, you probably wont find many of those artists easily on itunes or something like that...

If this world is hell,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FinalXepher View Post
    hey no problem. im glad to offer my insight.

i totally agree with you about the music though. really sets the mood and bad music in a game can almost turn me away. but the all music in WET gave me a mad rush. i had goosebumps all over me and i was ready massacre everybody that i could. im also cant help shouting when im playin

and all the music is in the extra content so you could listen to it and see who made the songs. problem is, you probably wont find many of those artists easily on itunes or something like that...
    I love music that makes you feel like that while playing a brutal game.

I already tried looking up some of the artists on iTunes.... Couldn't find them. >.< Seems like I'll have to buy the game soundtrack XD

My neighbor has WET... And he let me play... And I am hooked.

The movement, controls, battle system, everything is very seamless and easy to learn. The graphics are stunning... And I love the noir feel to it. I LOVE the music paired with all that... The game has amazing atmosphere. I was actually pleasantly surprised with it, even though I knew I would love it! haha!

+ Reply to Thread