+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: what weapons do use on an RPG?

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

what weapons do use on an RPG?

what kind of weapon do you like to use on an RPG game? i mean like sword, poleaxe, hammer... tell why you like this kind of weapon, no listing.

here is a list of basic kinds of weapons that some RPGs offer:

basic:
    sword
    axe
    hammer
    staff
    mace

advanced:
    longsword
    poleaxe
    warhammer
    spear

great:
    greatsword
    greataxe
    greatspear
    greathammer

also magic, but say a specific spell and say WHY you like it. and not just "it does tons of damage"

this isn't all inclusive but most weapons fall into one of those categories.

i personally like poleaxes myself because i love their reach while keeping a relatively light weight. and i also like the fact that most have a piercing tip along with an axe head at the end..

so, what do you all think?

edit: one thing i must make clear is the GUNS and any other futuristic wepaons don't count as they make any sword fight horribly uneven.
    Last edited by fayt lingod; Nov 07, 2006 at 05:05 PM.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what weapons do use on an RPG?

I use the swords most of the time never liked then axes they kind of suck, I use the spear sometimes but not all the time and the staff for my mages ^_^ but it depends on what characters I'm using in the game I can really work with any weapon thou.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

come on, tell us why. what do you like about those weapons that makes you use them? why don't you like axe? no spaming or listing here PLZ!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always liked smashing ppl with really big swords, either demon/devil possesed or not. Fun for when you gotta sweep through a whole bunch of undead or Gnolls.
    I've also used two-sword style with balanced greatswords( with a half-orc that had 22 str.).

Swords always just appealed to me. I've always wanted to learn how to spin a blade around my body like that blue demon on the first DBZ movie.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Thanks

i played a paladin once, i always used a greatword, tons of fun . but i just love poleaxes for the reach, their way underpowered in D&D though.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I use swords and spears mostly for power and ranged attacks, most of the time I lure with the swords men and then go for attacks from the back or side with the spear and magic just to kill fast, I rarely attack with staffs on mages because its just not strong enough.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Usually my characters are buzzsaws of death, especially those that have all those nifty two-weapon fighting feats.
    With my most powerful character, I was pulling shxt from dynasty warriors, smashing lev. 15s with two to four strikes, but then again, I had a devil-possesed sword and a sword with lightning and vibration enchantments on it.

I also had a sai that had a dancing enchantment on it. I'd throw that out there first, then went "buzzsaw o bloody death" on my foes.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks

sword. Straight and simple. Its light and easy to use. and it takes skill to use it well. so yeah. My friend butter chubbx likes Rapier. (spear) They are light, agility. It can cut and pierce. SO yeah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast