+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what weapons do use on an RPG?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what weapons do use on an RPG?

You forgot bows and magic on your list. I usually use magic, I use to play Runescape and almost always I would use magic becuase you can use it at a distance and at close range and usually inflict more damage than using a sword.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

Fantasy sating - GREATAXE!!!!!!! I like the damage it does, d12. And in the hands of a Half-Orc Barberian, its the greatest weapon of all.
    Or in a wizzards case FIREBALL.

Sci-fi - The good old railgun a.k.a. gaus-minigun it never faild me yet.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    You forgot bows and magic on your list. I usually use magic, I use to play Runescape and almost always I would use magic becuase you can use it at a distance and at close range and usually inflict more damage than using a sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirax View Post
    Fantasy sating - GREATAXE!!!!!!! I like the damage it does, d12. And in the hands of a Half-Orc Barberian, its the greatest weapon of all.
    Or in a wizzards case FIREBALL.

Sci-fi - The good old railgun a.k.a. gaus-minigun it never faild me yet.
    i didn't include magic because it is not a wepon per-say. but fine, i'll add it. and i did say that the list wan't all inclusive.

lol, greataxes are for dumb brutes (backs behind a table), i'll use my poleaxe and scewer you before you could get close enough.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm kinda torn on this one. I like swords and use them regularly because they've got a decent spread of techniques, but I also like spears because of the reach and (in the case of chinese spears) flexibility of the staff portion.
    Ich bin ein hund. Ich bin ein tefel hund!
    Ready to war, Ragnarok approaches.

Newbie SNo0GaNs may be famous one day SNo0GaNs may be famous one day SNo0GaNs's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i play a Rogue on World Of Warcraft and i much prefer the speed of a dagger to the stregnth of a sword...more hits = more dmg over time althought slower weapons tend to crit more,also as a rogue i can use abilities with a dagger that i cant use with a sword thus my love for daggers :P

But in almost every other RPG i have played at least 80% of the time it is a sword,to me it is the obvious choice.

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

lol, greataxes are for dumb brutes (backs behind a table), i'll use my poleaxe and scewer you before you could get close enough.
    I pick up a bistander and trowe him/her on your poleaxe and keep doindg this until you cant hold the poleaxe anymore and charge with my greateaxe, aka make a shishcobob. Or I can use my trusry longbow. Brutes are bets for martial combat never underastimate them, I did once and BAMMM, the orc barberian kick my ass.
    Brutes are fun Aaand simple. especialy when you take some spellcaster levels or even beather take the ragemage prestigeclass. Its a suprise when a PC while in rage starts trowing fireballs.

And by the way spellcasting is a weapon like the warlocks ability in D&D.
    And you can take weapon focus on ray-waepones.

But the best weapon will alweys be the drunken dwarf barbarian. Or a dragon, a dragon is alwes the best weapon especialy if the dragon is on your side.
    Or a halfling in a large creatures hand.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

a great wyrm gold dragon is nothing compared to the power that is Fayt Lingod's +7 Vorpal longsword of chaotic destruction (courtesy of the demon lord Vergalin). but a hafling in an orc's throwing arm is another story altogether.

OK, point conceded, magic is a wepaon.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Guns. Because a character in an RPG can heal him/herself to perfection after having a clip unloaded upon them, which makes them tougher than most.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast