+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite game ever?

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is your favorite game ever?

My favorite game is Metal Slug 3. I like all the other Metal Slug games but number three is my favorite. It's a 2D game but I still like it.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

You people will have to give (a lot) more information.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    You people will have to give (a lot) more information.
    The thing is that Jokerman didn't ask for any more information...
    My favourite game ever is Arcanum... the fight of magic and technology... I'mplaying it for the second time now (seriously)- the first time I didn't like the ending.
    I like this game so much becouse it has an interesting plot, a lot of missions, a lot of possibilities to develop your character, a lot of missions and other things...
    Also the fact that each step you take, each thing you do right or wrong, good or bad, makes it even more interesting and me more willing to do the right thing in the game and in life.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i would have to say gears of war for xbox 360 it just violence all through out the game and a simple but yet complex story line. Has more than enough blood and gore for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    I guess my fave. game would be.... tales of the abyss for PS2. I LOVE RPG because your that person and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    my favorite game is final fantasy 4, because it is so easy to beat it (if you know what to do).
    Quote Originally Posted by aeonking View Post
    my fav game would be final fantasy as they are the greatest ever series
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite Game is Shadow Hearts: Covenant because it has amazing grpahics, the story dark and has twisted humor, has powerful special attacks, the main character can transform into over 15 fusion forms including Amon the God of Death from the first Shadow Hearts game and the beautiful music. And it has the judgement ring a intutitve piece of the classic CTB system but is a pain in the arse to master.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Without a doubt, my favorite game is Planescape: Torment.

It actually happens to be the only game I have never been able to finish, so I don't know if this actually count. Although I have never finished the game, it still resides at the top of my list and that should mean something. Since I can't say a great deal about it from the obvious fact, I will give what I know.

"Torment is a PC RPG developed for Microsoft by Black Isle Studios, released in 1999. Torment places emphasis on conversation and storyline more than combat, and takes place in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting.

The game sold about 400,000 copies, according to game designer Scott Warner, but received almost universal critical praise; it has since become a cult classic. The game was added to Gamespy's "Hall of Fame" in August 2004, and to Gamespot's "Greatest Games of All Time" list in October 2005." Wikipedia/Subject Planescape: Torment

"The game begins in Sigil, where the protagonist, an enigmatic and heavily scarred immortal dubbed The Nameless One by the game's interface, wakes up in a mortuary with no memory of his identity and past experiences. Assuming the role of The Nameless One, players embark on a quest to solve the mysteries surrounding him."

"Probably the most appealing aspect of this game is the 'consensus reality' that is applied - if enough people believe in something, then it is real, and begins to exist. This is fantastic during game play because not only can you be almost anyone, but you can almost kill anyone as well(theoretically). A nice little part of the game features how "The Nameless One" was actually able to debate a man out of existence!"

Another is the the "Every action has a reaction" system built into it. You may have noticed that this same concept was "applied" to the 2004 release 'Fable' and 'Fable: The lost chapters'. The difference btween the two, is that in 'Torment', the system actually works and makes a difference(Mostly applied to dialogue though).

The game is amazingly imaginative and unique in my opinion; filled with dark humour and sarcasm. Although it has been the better half of a decade since the release date, this is a must play classic in my book. Sadly, this game has a few bugs though, but I hear some patches have helped improve the performance immensly. The reason that kept me from finishing was exactly that, but it has been 6 years and I still am thinking of completing. That should speak for itself in quality.

"The overall goal of the game is to recover The Nameless One's mortality and to discover the truth of his immortality. This is achieved by following clues and hints that the previous incarnations had left." These cluse can be the translation of simple writing and tatoos on "The Nameless One's" body, or actually recieving/replacing body parts left behind by the past incarnations. - Leg, arm, eye, finger, ...etc..

Followed by your close companion Morte(A floating skull - badass), advancement with every clue leads you deeper into the quest, and slowly unravels the mystery of who, what, when, where, and how of everything.

I lost my copy of the game; if anyone has a chance, buy it, play it, love it, then send it to me after you are done. The only game I ever gave a 10/10 would be this one and without regret.

Thanks

@Tbaism

Download it. I know it's illegal and stuff and we aren't supposed to discuss it here but you just lost your copy so you actually did pay for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast