+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite game ever?

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What is your favorite game ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    @Tbaism

Download it. I know it's illegal and stuff and we aren't supposed to discuss it here but you just lost your copy so you actually did pay for it.
    @Hassun

Throw in a search for it and you might realize what I did. Approx 400k copies were sold and this game is a required taste attainable only by the patient. It isn't unusual that the majority of people don't have a copy or downloadable version.

"Sigh" it is slowly moving into the ancient software, and may cost more to buy it now, than it did when I first picked it up. Being cheap is not a good trait.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

my personal all time favorite is the Grand Theft Auto series of games, and in that group i still like Vice City the best. the whole 80's theme was great and basicly reliving scar face too. San Andreas is a close 2nd. spending hours aimlessly doing basicly anything i wanted to kept me sane on days where insanity was preferred, the ability to drive anywhere, fly, boat, steal, kill, just the joy of distruction is ehough to keep me from going off and doing it for real...i've been playing GTA since its orginal top down version, which was also fun. Yeah, i know gta 3 has its flaws and what nots but its still a favorite of mine even with the popup problems.
    Don't Panic

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite game ever would be Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones. It's the latest of the Fire Emblem series. I personally like it because, not only is it a tactical game, but it also has an interesting storyline. Plus, every quest has its own twists and turns. It's also somewhat like an "choose-your-own-adventure" type of game, because later on [in the game], you'll have a choice of whether to do a mini-quest and/or to join a different group party.

mmhmm.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmm... i want to say Gran Turismo 4 but i know id be wrong, b/c those games seem to always currupt my friggin data!..hmmm another good canadate is Final Fantasy VII, but some new games have come out.oh yeah! I know! id have to settle on Metal Gear Soild! it has the best story out of the three "solids" (no patriots, and no friggin raiden" plus the graphics arent all that bad, after all, it is a PS 1 title. the gameplay in general seemed to set a new benchmark in the stealth gaming world. plus i love the noise the gards make when they see you.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kossetsu shita View Post
    hmm my fave game would have to be... well halo 2, its the game i play most
    Needs more information.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

...hmmm...

I would have to choose: Chrono Trigger.

Though I've often have had really great times with tons of other games in different genres (NFL Blitz, Grand Theft Auto, Capcom vs. Snk 2, Halo, Super Smash Bros, Kirby Super Star, Okami, Tenchu, Katamari Damacy, Incredible Crisis, Wario Ware, Mario Kart, Tactics Ogre, Bubble Bobble, Guardian Heroes, Intelligent Cube, and blah blah blah), nothing beats the old classic of Chrono Trigger... which was rudely shadowed over by Final Fantasy 7 (don't care how long the waiting period was between both games, Chrono Trigger deserved more stage time in my opinion).

Chrono Trigger, for any "heathens" who don't seem to know about it, is obviously an RPG made by Square (the old Square Enix/Squaresoft) helped by none other than Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball, again, for any "heathens" who wouldn't know)... it was for the SNES (Super Nintendo... I dunno if I even had to say that one ).

No fantastical story which blew your mind away from the head, no amazingly awesome new and intensive gaming that ravaged your soul, and no sneaky tries at polygonal graphics that companies were giving a try during those times... just good-old fashioned RPG.

Not exactly the typical storyline, but definitely understandable and made sure no one became too alienated by it. Want to know the story? Gotta' play it.

RPG standard timed-turn-based fighting at its best (maybe best is too strong of a word, but I love the game, so sue me)... combination attacks to make you choose your team wisely.
    Enemies weren't too annoying, and the pace of it all was always bearable.

You could beat it quickly if you wanted, but what would be the fun in that? Not that you can't go through it again, of course. With the New Game+ feature, it made it possible for you to go back and level up your characters as much as you wanted, and giving you a taste of the teams you didn't get to amp up.

Loveable characters, in my opinion... people got to choose from their favorites.
    Most people stuck to Magus... But Frog was definitely a classic. Crono was a standard no-talking character that just reminded you of Teen Gohan because of his face... but with Goku's hair, of course. And Marle and Lucca, well, you get to choose between them who you liked... it was either one or the other for most people. Lucca's on my fave. And of course, who could forget Robo and Ayla?~! No one in the team seemed useless (not like most RPGs nowadays... you obviously choose who you don't want in your team nowadays), even Marle (who I didn't think too great of) was definitely beneficial for the team.
    Each had their own kind of weapons: Japanese Swords, Broad Swords, Crossbow, Gun, Scythe, erm... robotic stuff like lasers and cannons, and of course: Good old fashioned claws and fangs, courtesy of Ayla. Magics and skills were pretty even and easy to work with, but hard to choose from. Different character elements and combinations made it difficult, because there's always: "Look cool? Or effective?"

Bosses were great and the multiple endings were fun to try and unlock!
    And looking for a spiced up version?
    Get the one for the Playstation, it's the Final Fantasy 4-Chrono Trigger pack. (Did it have a name? I think it was Final Fantasy Chronicles)

For Chrono Trigger, the thing most mentionable about it for the Playstation, was the animated cut-scenes. Gave it some spunk.

Chrono Trigger Forever!

Newbie Forcefly is off to a good start Forcefly's Avatar
    Thanks

My fav game would have to be Gears of War. There is nothing more gratifying than taking the lancer's chain saw bayonet and cutting into a locust or ten.

Thanks to FLawed love the sig.

Pressure makes gems, Ease makes decay.

Newbie Trigger12 is off to a good start Trigger12's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm gonna have to say my favorite game of all time would be Final Fantasy VII. I can play that game over and over again and not get tired of it. I love the storyline and i love the fights. Its just a great game in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast