+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Tears View Post
    I know Dave wasn't on drugs before, it was just rumors. I heard that he was going to be in a movie that may come out this year or next year. I do wish him the best and I hope he does come back for the show and for his fans, like me.
    I hope it comes back to, but I don't think it will. Iam a fan of him too.

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

Cool Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Sometimes people take the day off from work. Don't loose too much sleep over it, mate.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Badlywornshoes View Post
    Sometimes people take the day off from work. Don't loose too much sleep over it, mate.
    I know. Iam not obsessed so I can wait for his show or next movie.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Badlywornshoes View Post
    There's a big difference from taking the day off and having a huge payment contract, only to have the other end of the deal half done, while you're nowhere to be found. That's pretty much what made people panic.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Very interesting theory, silver, but it seems a bit too fantastic to me. I mean come on, Bill Cosby leading a team of fellow blacks to bring another black down? It makes for a good story, but I don't trust the "facts." Regardless, I miss chappelle, but I accept that his show is now nothing more than a great moment in comedic history. As he pointed out in one of his sketches from the "lost episodes": "You didn't have to do two more seasons. And besides, you know what they'll say, 'it wasn't as good as last year was.'" Chappelle was a genius, no doubt, but every genius has a limit. I think season three had a chance of burning out. But I guess we'll never know. Maybe he'll pop out another stand-up routine in a few years, who knows...

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Very interesting theory, silver, but it seems a bit too fantastic to me. I mean come on, Bill Cosby leading a team of fellow blacks to bring another black down? It makes for a good story, but I don't trust the "facts." Regardless, I miss chappelle, but I accept that his show is now nothing more than a great moment in comedic history. As he pointed out in one of his sketches from the "lost episodes": "You didn't have to do two more seasons. And besides, you know what they'll say, 'it wasn't as good as last year was.'" Chappelle was a genius, no doubt, but every genius has a limit. I think season three had a chance of burning out. But I guess we'll never know. Maybe he'll pop out another stand-up routine in a few years, who knows...

In my opinion, Dave Chappelle could have lasted at least two more seasons doing the same type of comedy. He could have had another "Charlie Murphy's true stories" segment, and something else that would top the epic Wayne Brady episode. To be honest, I think it was money that changed the way his most of skits were done in "the lost episodes", which made them worse than before because that isn't you typical Dave Chappelle comedy. All of his skits in "the lost episodes" that did not involve money were gold. But everytime a skit came up that involved him doing "cribs", people wanting his money, or getting revenge through money, it was a different type of "showoff" comedy that just didn't suit his style.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

My thoughts exactly, False Truth. And if his lost episodes were suppose to be 3rd season skits, he would have definately burned out. Or at least lost popularity. A part of me was glad to hear Chappelle quit because that meant we'd only remember his best, not his dwindling seasons afterwards. So yeah, pretty much repeating what's been said. R.I.P. Chappelle.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    My thoughts exactly, False Truth. And if his lost episodes were suppose to be 3rd season skits, he would have definately burned out. Or at least lost popularity. A part of me was glad to hear Chappelle quit because that meant we'd only remember his best, not his dwindling seasons afterwards. So yeah, pretty much repeating what's been said. R.I.P. Chappelle.
    i gota agree with dark, its better to burn out, than to fade away. like i have been saying, dave realised that even if his show for season three would have been great (which 'the lost episodes' has not indicated), ppl would always say that last season was better, no matter what. and also, as other people have said, many of his sketches have went from funny racist, to kkk-racism, and has ppl revolting (as silverskater showed some conspiracy theories) and also, he was spending less and less time with his kids.
    R.I.P Dave Chappelle (You WILL Be Forgotten In Our World)

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast