+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    A good website that adds a little conspiracy twist to the problems with Dave Chappelle is:

The Chappelle Theory - What really happened to Dave Chappelle and his show.

I don't know how true any of it is though, so you'll have to make your own decision on what to believe.
    It's completely false. His website that routed me to that one the first time I came across Chappelletheory states blatantly that it is fiction.

Though it is a very good read, you are right.

It is a shame, because I think Dave Chappelle did wonders for breaking down racial taboo. Yeah, sure, there are still stereotypes, but it brought people together with the humor. Everyone was able to laugh at everyone else. The Lost episodes, particularly "The Racism Pixy" is a great example of that. Yeah, sure, it picks on people, but it picks on everyone equally.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    It's completely false. His website that routed me to that one the first time I came across Chappelletheory states blatantly that it is fiction.

Though it is a very good read, you are right.

It is a shame, because I think Dave Chappelle did wonders for breaking down racial taboo. Yeah, sure, there are still stereotypes, but it brought people together with the humor. Everyone was able to laugh at everyone else. The Lost episodes, particularly "The Racism Pixy" is a great example of that. Yeah, sure, it picks on people, but it picks on everyone equally.
    well i watched the racism pixy and it was rele racist and i herd the audience laff a little. the black person joked about fried chicken and catfish, the latin one joked bout cocaine and illigal buys, and the white one talked bout the kk (i was rele offended) and the azn one was about their accent (Ra-Ra) and compared to some of his first sketches, its gotten more racist and less funny.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    well i watched the racism pixy and it was rele racist and i herd the audience laff a little. the black person joked about fried chicken and catfish, the latin one joked bout cocaine and illigal buys, and the white one talked bout the kk (i was rele offended) and the azn one was about their accent (Ra-Ra) and compared to some of his first sketches, its gotten more racist and less funny.

I have the last dvd of the show. It did get more racist. But it was still a funny show! I like the other episodes. I didn't really like the one your talking about.

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I have the last dvd of the show. It did get more racist. But it was still a funny show! I like the other episodes. I didn't really like the one your talking about.
    The point they were trying to get across, after they did that skit, was that people should not believe in stereotypes, as they were making fun of the stereotypes themselves to prove how silly they are, instead of becoming more racist. But as you can see, some people took it the wrong way(The same thing Charlie Murphy predicted what would happen).

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

ah dave chappelle, the most funniest comedian that the whole world has to offer, i think dave should keep up with the funny comedian career, plus he should make more funny stuff like: what's life is like the internet?

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    ah dave chappelle, the most funniest comedian that the whole world has to offer, i think dave should keep up with the funny comedian career, plus he should make more funny stuff like: what's life is like the internet?
    yeah but dave chapelle is gone from teh comedy gigs and now hes doing somthing else. Dave chapelle always made in fun of his own culture and knowing that it might hurt him too, we just wanted to stop. that wat im guessing

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    yeah but dave chapelle is gone from teh comedy gigs and now hes doing somthing else. Dave chapelle always made in fun of his own culture and knowing that it might hurt him too, we just wanted to stop. that wat im guessing
    ok many people have been saying that so:
    The comedian stunned fans and the entertainment industry when he abruptly left during production of the third season of Chappelle's Show. Chappelle has since stated that he was unhappy with the direction the show had taken, claiming pressure from network executives regarding the show's content. Chappelle left the United States to visit South Africa. His decision triggered reports of mental or drug problems with the actor, which Chappelle later denied. On May 11, 2005, news sources reported that Chappelle had checked himself into a psychiatric facility in South Africa, which Chappelle has since repeatedly denied. On May 14, Time Magazine announced that one of their reporters had interviewed Chappelle in South Africa, and the comedian said no psychiatric treatments were occurring or necessary. Chappelle has stated that his reasons for visiting South Africa were to reflect on his life and career. [3]

On August 3, co-star Charlie Murphy gave an interview to TV Guide stating that he believed that Dave Chappelle was finished with Chappelle's Show and would not be returning.

here is some of his lost episodes
    Comedy Central: Shows - Chappelle's Show

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I dont even like chappelle what is so funny about him I think he is boring and and not ever funny he made me laugh one time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast