+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's Next For Dave Chappelle?

Quote Originally Posted by OdysseanPromise View Post
    New material? Are you kidding me? How many more "police hate me because I'm black" and "I love fried chicken" jokes are you going to have to hear before you realize that it simply not the case.
    i dont understand where you see me getting at 'new material'
    new approach at old material and i think that there is where he lost control of his humour.
    i stated that since his old humour was the most sucessfull and he was running out of ideas allegedly, he tried new ways of saying the same jokes. like throught the 'racist pixie' he states the same jokes.
    black ppl - fried chicken , catfish
    white ppl - kkk
    latino ppl - illigal buys , drugs
    azn ppl - accent , cant drive
    and i have already realised that his show has gone down south.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    i dont understand where you see me getting at 'new material'

i stated that since his old humour was the most sucessfull and he was running out of ideas allegedly, he tried new ways of saying the same jokes. like throught the 'racist pixie' he states the same jokes.
    black ppl - fried chicken , catfish
    white ppl - kkk
    latino ppl - illigal buys , drugs
    azn ppl - accent , cant drive
    and i have already realised that his show has gone down south.

It was only one skit. The only reason the skit was most noticeable was because of the fact that Charlie Murphy interviewed the crowd afterwards and it received the most reaction. That is not the reason his show was failing, it was what I mentioned above, and that was over half of his skits involving him showing his money off, which he didn't used to do before.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by False Truth View Post
    It was only one skit. The only reason the skit was most noticeable was because of the fact that Charlie Murphy interviewed the crowd afterwards and it received the most reaction. That is not the reason his show was failing, it was what I mentioned above, and that was over half of his skits involving him showing his money off, which he didn't used to do before.
    again i am under fire for not explaining. i just gave an example of one skit that has used the same racist ideas that we are confronted in real life. dave has mad countless skits based on this. i never said he failed because of one skit, i said he failed because of the constant racist comments and the fact that his show changed allot, like u said, he flashed his money. but if you disagree, that's my opinion.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann View Post
    again i am under fire for not explaining. i just gave an example of one skit that has used the same racist ideas that we are confronted in real life. dave has mad countless skits based on this. i never said he failed because of one skit, i said he failed because of the constant racist comments and the fact that his show changed allot, like u said, he flashed his money. but if you disagree, that's my opinion.

Ok, now you seem to be contradicting yourself. I'll quote some of your previous posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Raimann
    lol ok, well i have read on the internet that dave has been running out of ideas, and that this was one of the main factors of why he abandonned the show, and in that sence, then i have to agree with you, gun, i think that since the beggining, the sketches have become less funny, and more 'same old same old'
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimann
    not what i said, i said that his sketches have become more racist over the seasons and less funny, because most of the jokes are played out. the reason chris rock and other black comedians are still funny is because they have new material. dave chappelee resorted to a new approach at old material and i think that there is where he lost control of his humour.
    Unless I've read this completely wrong, you've specifically stated that the racist jokes(which aren't even racist in his view, because he was making fun of racism in the first place) are the reason behind his downfall, because it's the same material he's already done in the past. And I'm telling you, stereotypical skits can not make a person like Dave Chappelle think "I need to stop making shows". That obviously wasn't the reason. And if you persist on thinking that 'racist skits' are the reason, take a good, long look at Carlos Mencia, and explain his situation to me.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6